List Mgmt. 2016 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol - I went to bed a bit pissed last night stating that I found it weird that we had pencilled in the Shaker already and now less than 24 hours later we are already getting used to the idea of Gallucci being in the side.

Remember its fast becoming a kicking game
Yet the last 3 Brownlow winners aren't exactly known for being excellent by foot.

If we overlook somebody who offers a potential 'point of difference' for our pretty vanilla midfield I won't be very happy.

You reckon?

Partington probably is more justifiably referred to as 'vanilla'. He doesn't have the pace or skill of Gallucci, isn't as good overhead and I doubt would've kicked a bag of five + 21 possessions in a game before. Parto probably wins more of the ball and is a genuine accumulator whereas JG is more damaging and has breakaway pace. The more I think about it the more keen I am on Gallucci at 12.
Luke Partington: 182cm, 75kg
Jordan Gallucci: 183cm, 75kg

Along with that, one of Partington's wraps is being particularly zippy and quick around stoppages, same as JG.

Both are seen as good all rounders with no standout tricks. In fact this was the only query on Partington's draft profile last year so surely you can see where I see the similarities?

I think players who win the ball in congestion and actually do something useful with it are pretty important as well and at the moment we really only have one guy who excels at that.

Paddy got delisted remember

Been explained many times that apart from the top 2 or 3 - the rest are quite even. I know a club who thinks Gallucci is top 10 material.
I appreciate the response - pick 12 just seems a big reach. I realise it is all about how the team view a talent and I would be very supportive if he was taken at our second or if we had a pick in the mid 20's.

upload_2016-11-14_19-21-23.png

I posted after the colts grand final that he was a must pick. Didn't get the medal that day but he was a clear BOG in that game. SPS was crippled by injury this year so hard to compare him but I thought SPP is the best player from WA this year. ($51 for rising star, good value if he goes to the right team and stays injury free)

In saying that I don't see interstate games and don't think judging players from 5 minute highlight videos is the smartest thing so I don't know what else is available from other states.

Might not be our problem anyway, chance he won't be there at the Eagles first pick.

I highly doubt SPP will be gone before 12

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think players who win the ball in congestion and actually do something useful with it are pretty important as well and at the moment we really only have one guy who excels at that.

Been explained many times that apart from the top 2 or 3 - the rest are quite even. I know a club who thinks Gallucci is top 10 material.

Jetta is a lovely kick.

Its a shame he can't win a contest though.

Using the ball well is important.....getting the bloody thing under pressure is just as if not more important with the numbers coaches put around the ball these days.

Luke Partington: 182cm, 75kg
Jordan Gallucci: 183cm, 75kg

Along with that, one of Partington's wraps is being particularly zippy and quick around stoppages, same as JG.

Both are seen as good all rounders with no standout tricks. In fact this was the only query on Partington's draft profile last year so surely you can see where I see the similarities?

What is Duggan?

183cm and 75kg.

Thats three very similar midfielders three years straight.

I'd hope we would have learned that we need some variety in types by now.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2016 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back