List Mgmt. 2016 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting to note that Quigley's write up of Gallucci talks about him being explosive and even comparing his movement away from stoppages to that of Judd or Dangerfield.

Personally I think he could become an outside leaning version of Shuey (without the elite footskills and contested ability). With his pace he definitely has a point of difference. He's also the same height as Shuey for those concerned that he is some sort of midget.

Personally he's firming as my first preference for our pick barring an unexpected slider, and I think we will take him.

Galluci's negative is decision making. He can look like a superstar when every thing is going his way and against weak opposition but doesn't read the play in the way that top midfielders do. Very good athletically, a very good kick (can be bad but thats due to decision making not his actual kicking)

Based on basically nothing (just gut feel and the magical psychic powers bestowed to posters on BF pre-draft time) I'd be exceptionally underwhelmed with Gallucci.
The only player we might conceivably take with our first pick that would piss me off without qualification is English. There are others not named Powell-pepper who I'd be disappointed with but I'd have to spend more time looking into before melting over it too much

Who has higher ceiling SPP or berry?

I worry when inside midfielders can't win enough of ball, especially the mature body ones.

However whichever way u cut it, we will get a good "role player". We need players who need to get it 25 times plus. None of this 17 possessions rubbish anymore. Yes yes what you do with it matters but ball is in dispute many times and sometimes you need to get it so opposition don't.

No more 5ft twigs as midfielders either pleases

Joe Atley is a pretty impressive looking player and we should seriously look at him in the second round. The only catch is North have two picks in a row before us.

Atley is rated mid to late draft, no?

And are you thinking that North will take them purely based on already having siblings at the club?

That's dumb.

Pick 30 onwards imo. The earliest i can see him going is to north however no firm word either way. Clarke on the other hand north have been very much into and i even heard a rumour a month or so back that north would consider him for their first pick if certain other players aren't available.

Galluci's negative is decision making. He can look like a superstar when every thing is going his way and against weak opposition but doesn't read the play in the way that top midfielders do. Very good athletically, a very good kick (can be bad but thats due to decision making not his actual kicking)
So what your saying is Gallucci will be a gun Flat tracker........Sign him up

I feel like there's a hidden msg in here somewhere...
You got me, I'm actually Bruce McAvaney.
I joined BF years ago with the hope I'd find Cyril, sweet talk him and see if we could get our delicious on.

Truth be told - I'm just an infantile family man in his late 30's who never really grew up. ( see Keyser Soze isn't the only old fart on here )
I still like dick, vagina and fart jokes....Double Entendres really float my boat.
It's what I do for kicks now my sporting/partying days are over.

Based on basically nothing (just gut feel and the magical psychic powers bestowed to posters on BF pre-draft time) I'd be exceptionally underwhelmed with Gallucci.
He has break away pace, very good skills and kicks goals.So hurt factor.

Compare that to Masten who we wasted pick 3 on and think about it some more.:cool:

He has break away pace, very good skills and kicks goals.So hurt factor.

Compare that to Masten who we wasted pick 3 on and think about it some more.:cool:
Masten was selected in what was one of the weakest drafts ever ! Completely different scenario .

I actually dont mind Galluci. Appears quite similar to Partington which I dont think is a bad thing - cant really have too many quick, skillful mids (albeit smallish)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Masten was selected in what was one of the weakest drafts ever ! Completely different scenario .

Dangerfield or Cyril at 3 would have been nice.:(

Patrick Dangerfield pick 10
Cyril Rioli pick 12
Harry Taylor pick 17
Alex Rance pick 18
Callan Ward pick 19
David Myers pick 6 (yes hasn't shown a lot due to injury)
Cale Hooker pick 54

Dangerfield or Cyril at 3 would have been nice.:(

Patrick Dangerfield pick 10
Cyril Rioli pick 12
Harry Taylor pick 17
Alex Rance pick 18
Callan Ward pick 19
David Myers pick 6 (yes hasn't shown a lot due to injury)
Cale Hooker pick 54
Hindsight is a wonderful thing and to be fair that is only 7 players out of more than a hundred ? But point is taken. Callan Ward please.

Hey guys, sorry for the intrusion. I was wondering how many selections you guys have to make on Friday night, based on list spots, etc. I'm doing a phantom draft and need this info.

For example North has to make 4 selections because we have 4 primary list spots open. Appreciate the help!

Hey guys, sorry for the intrusion. I was wondering how many selections you guys have to make on Friday night, based on list spots, etc. I'm doing a phantom draft and need this info.

For example North has to make 4 selections because we have 4 primary list spots open. Appreciate the help!
Think we have 5 live picks but we may only take 4

ANy chance Logue could make it to our pick?

Late contender bolts into the first round. The thought of him "sliding to 12" would have been laughed at pre combine.

We can only dream. Start him as a half back and then midfield after a couple of years. That snap for goal is crazy stuff. Why would you play that talent in the back half?

Atley is rated mid to late draft, no?

And are you thinking that North will take them purely based on already having siblings at the club?

That's dumb.

Our second rounder will be ~40 which I think is in the middle of Atley's range.

I doubt they'll go the Clarke/Atley combo but I could see them being tempted into taking Atley with one of their two picks for sure.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2016 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back