List Mgmt. 2016 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Low production, poor kick, lack of dominant or even good games, not an impact player, underutilises his athleticism and isn't a mid.

He is tallish, has a solid athletic base, and is a good guy/leader. Athlete>footballer without anything standout.
Sounds like ex Fremantle player Marcus Drum who was a good size, athlete, character etc. but a flop as an AFL footballer. We can't afford a flop at 12, and definitely do not need a hbf.

Eagles spoke to Cedric Cox yesterday, might be a possibility at our second pick depending who falls where in the draft maybe .

Cedric is an Eagles supporter so that is a bonus for a kid from the Kimberleys who now lives in Country VIC.

Unlikely he will last to our second pick but probably more chance Cox falling to our second pick then SPP.

Thoughts on Gallucci?

I wouldn't be upset with Gallucci. He has good pace, kicking and goal kicking skills. He isn't a weaner either.

1. Shuey
  2. Gaff,
  3. Sheed,
  4. Duggan,
  5. Partington,
  6. Gallucci,
  7. Nelson,
  8. Cole
Thats a nice young group of young mids. Keep added to that with some pace and aggression at the contest and we are building a Bulldogs class of midfield.

Still need a Bont though.

Eagles spoke to Cedric Cox yesterday, might be a possibility at our second pick depending who falls where in the draft maybe .

Cedric is an Eagles supporter so that is a bonus for a kid from the Kimberleys who now lives in Country VIC.

Unlikely he will last to our second pick but probably more chance Cox falling to our second pick then SPP.

Really like Cox (que smart arse gifs). Silky but tough. Happy to get him with our second, depending on who is available.

Really like Cox (que smart arse gifs). Silky but tough. Happy to get him with our second, depending on who is available.
Cox looks a likely type.

Basically withdrew all of last year... When he came back, he came back really hard.
Really knows how to handle himself, especially in the back half... He has goods size, nice skills with high hurt factor. Pretty smooth mover.
He knows how to make a real impact when things come to a climax.

Massive upside.

:p

It's all true in real life and in Bruce world.

Cox looks a likely type.

Basically withdrew all of last year... When he came back, he came back really hard.
Really knows how to handle himself, especially in the back half... He has goods size, nice skills with high hurt factor. Pretty smooth mover.

Massive upside.

Hahaha. I'm tired and didn't know what you were doing and was reading it going "gee this sounds awfully sexual".

On a serious note that's not the first time we've heard we're into Cedric. I think he goes between our picks but he would be a good pickup if he lasted to 40.

Cox looks a likely type.

Massive upside.

I feel like there's a hidden msg in here somewhere...

After reading/watching more, and changing my mind a bit, I'd now be happy with the following at 12 (where we get the 11th best non-academy player):

1. McLuggage
2. McGrath
3. Taranto
4. Ainsworth
5. SPS
6. Scrimshaw
7. Brodie
8. Logue
9. SPP
10. Hayward
11. Simpkin

If we get a mid at 12, be great to get Rotham at 32 and a small forward at 54 (and Waterman with our 4th pick).

RE also thought Alec waterman was a no1 draft pick.

But maybe he just got a bit excited.

What crap are you talking ?
I never said Waterman was a number 1 pick or a first round or even second round pick.
Dont even think i said he was a 3 rd pick.

As for Acres I was a big fan, i was also a huge fan of Cripps when no one else rated him.

As for Sheed I acknowledged very early on he was WCE pick, want i wanted was another earlier
pick to get Acres as well or a cripps.

I also strongly wanted Bontenpelli who i wanted over Sheed, but it was only in the last month before the draft
that he started firming for the bulldogs pick and out of WCE range.

As for Sheed he regressed badly this year, and was probably our worst player in the finals.
Hopefully with a preseason he will be better next year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I never said Waterman was a number 1 pick or a first round or even second round pick.

As for Acres I was a big fan, i was also a huge fan of Cripps when no one else rated him.

As for Sheed I acknowledged very early on he was WCE pick, want i wanted was another earlier

I also strongly wanted Bontenpelli who i wanted over Sheed, but it was only in the last month before the draft

As for Sheed he regressed badly this year, and was probably our worst player in the finals.

Didn't regress that badly imo, if at all. Got his career high disposals and showed good signs despite a very limited preseason.

I wouldn't be upset with Gallucci. He has good pace, kicking and goal kicking skills. He isn't a weaner either.

1. Shuey
  2. Gaff,
  3. Sheed,
  4. Duggan,
  5. Partington,
  6. Gallucci,
  7. Nelson,
  8. Cole
Thats a nice young group of young mids. Keep added to that with some pace and aggression at the contest and we are building a Bulldogs class of midfield.

Still need a Bont though.

Can add Mutimer to that list as well. Hopefully his hammys hold up!

Hey look I just raising what I remember. I don't want to make a big deal of it. You do a good job.

I agree with what u said. U were big for acres but later on in draft. I remember that. Also that u liked Cripps.

Bit harsh on sheed given how long out he was.

Nah, Alec had played a good game for Claremont and RE described it as "the performance of a number one pick".

So not really the same thing but it Galileo wasn't pulling it out of nowhere.

Interesting to note that Quigley's write up of Gallucci talks about him being explosive and even comparing his movement away from stoppages to that of Judd or Dangerfield.

Personally I think he could become an outside leaning version of Shuey (without the elite footskills and contested ability). With his pace he definitely has a point of difference. He's also the same height as Shuey for those concerned that he is some sort of midget.

Personally he's firming as my first preference for our pick barring an unexpected slider, and I think we will take him.

Other thoughts include that Hayward should definitely not go later than the top 10. It may sound controversial but I'd probably be taking Hayward, Ainsworth, McGrath and Taranto before McCluggage if it were up to me.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2016 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back