List Mgmt. 2016 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

daj is a big Gallucci man.

I don't dislike Gallucci ( nice to read a post where someone actually knows how to spell his name :thumbsu: , by the way ) I just worry about his concentration as he slides in and out of a game and even in and out of a quarter.
His best is tantalisingly good........... his bad is a serious concern.

I also do find it bemusing that posters slag SPP's disposal yet think Gallucci to have elite foot skills .
Yes JG is quick and elusive but for me SPP has a point of difference that most sides and particularly WC don't have.

The old Chestnut best available V best fit.
Always garners good debate. :)

Now having said that I do realise that none of these kids are the finished article "yet" , so some acceptance of what they may become is always prudent.

Just my two cents worth.

Brodie purely for the value proposition.

Logue would be nice.

Warming to Gallucci, cold on Berry.

SPP would be the romantic notion but would probably end like Romeo and Juliet when he inevitably goes missing and struggles to hit a barn door.

Archie I have got that you are not a Berry fan just what is it that you don't like about him. ?

At 12 all the great picks are already gone so this a point where the recruiter earn their coin............ picking on potential .

So who do you want at # 12.

Yep. I see us as a very soft football club and SPP would be a good start in changing that.

Gallucci this year after Parto last year would be the wrong path to venture down IMO.

Archie I have got that you are not a Berry fan just what is it that you don't like about him. ?

At 12 all the great picks are already gone so this a point where the recruiter earn their coin............ picking on potential .

So who do you want at # 12.
I don't hate Berry. I just get nervous when we prioritise athletic ability and leadership. See Masten who I despise.

Harder to nail pick 12 this year with the even spread of talent.

I think Berry and Gallucci are safer than SPP. We've been linked to those already so this doesn't surprise me. It's standard WCE. I'm expecting one of those two names to be read out Friday barring any sliders.

I think everyone is attracted to SPP's physicality and are emotionally invested that they are over looking or under rating his flaws.

Not taking SPP will become my new Adamson.

The oppurtunity to add something really different to our midfield mix, as well as an avid Eagles man, doesn't present itself too often. We shouldn't overlook the chance.

This 100%, couldn't of said it better myself.

He ticks way too many boxes for us to pass on him.

The answer should be SPP, but it won't be. We'll go the safe vanilla pick with our first.
The stupid thing is that SPP is the safe pick. He's not vanilla but a WA boy that loves the club and has spent a lot of time around our coaches and players you'd think would be a borderline no brainer

What I struggle most with is that none of the draft predictions in the media are even mentioning him as someone in the mix despite the glaringly obvious connection. It's not even as if we've given away our intentions as a few scribes have said we given nothing away so they've had to guess what we're thinking

I mean SPP has openly said he'd like to play for us, the club Twitter feed has featured him most prominently of all the draftees and in an even draft he's not that much of a stretch for a club that has shown a willingness to draft a local lad rated below others (Sheed). He also provides a talent set that we could do with

Its difficult to comprehend that the small group of pepper lovers posting here are the only ones that can see what he offers. I don't get it

So far the only mention that we aren't interested is one of the matt tribe who relayed his mate at west coast said we weren't.

Hopefully his mate is wrong

I don't dislike Gallucci ( nice to read a post where someone actually knows how to spell his name :thumbsu: , by the way ) I just worry about his concentration as he slides in and out of a game and even in and out of a quarter.
His best is tantalisingly good........... his bad is a serious concern.

I also do find it bemusing that posters slag SPP's disposal yet think Gallucci to have elite foot skills .
Yes JG is quick and elusive but for me SPP has a point of difference that most sides and particularly WC don't have.

Now having said that I do realise that none of these kids are the finished article "yet" , so some acceptance of what they may become is always prudent.

Just my two cents worth.
Why do you think JG's disposal has gone backwards this year? Has he been found out with the added attention? Trying to be too cute with those little bunt kicks ala Daisy Thomas? Trying to expand the repertoire leading to a lack of focus? Or was he never that good to begin with?

Why do you think JG's disposal has gone backwards this year? Has he been found out with the added attention? Trying to be too cute with those little bunt kicks ala Daisy Thomas? Trying to expand the repertoire leading to a lack of focus? Or was he never that good to begin with?

Young masten syndrome. Very good kick, very average deicision maker.

The stupid thing is that SPP is the safe pick. He's not vanilla but a WA boy that loves the club and has spent a lot of time around our coaches and players you'd think would be a borderline no brainer

What I struggle most with is that none of the draft predictions in the media are even mentioning him as someone in the mix despite the glaringly obvious connection. It's not even as if we've given away our intentions as a few scribes have said we given nothing away so they've had to guess what we're thinking

I mean SPP has openly said he'd like to play for us, the club Twitter feed has featured him most prominently of all the draftees and in an even draft he's not that much of a stretch for a club that has shown a willingness to draft a local lad rated below others (Sheed). He also provides a talent set that we could do with

Its difficult to comprehend that the small group of pepper lovers posting here are the only ones that can see what he offers. I don't get it

So far the only mention that we aren't interested is one of the matt tribe who relayed his mate at west coast said we weren't.

100% spot on.

He's the obvious pick for me and I'm surprised the SPP-WCE link hasn't been more widely touted.

You're right, it does seem like a no brainer pick, maybe this is one of those situations where the club is overthinking it and they end up outsmarting themselves (like a certain recent finals team selection).
They are going to look pretty bloody stupid if they don't take SPP after he's been under their noses all year and he turns into a star.

I don't hate Berry. I just get nervous when we prioritise athletic ability and leadership. See Masten who I despise.

I think Berry and Gallucci are safer than SPP. We've been linked to those already so this doesn't surprise me. It's standard WCE. I'm expecting one of those two names to be read out Friday barring any sliders.

I think everyone is attracted to SPP's physicality and are emotionally invested that they are over looking or under rating his flaws.

Always a good start with me when someone also shares the Masten displeasure.

Not sure exactly who I want at 12 myself .................... expecting to be underwhelmed come Friday night.

I do get the safe bet comment and I do also like Berry as I am fan , the adversity that he has endured and overcome this last two year just screams character to me.

Shit i just can't imagine how F***ed up my attitude to life would have been at 17 having lost my Mum to cancer.... TBH it wasn't easy in my 40"s, when that happened to me and that was when I myself was a parent.

Call me old fashioned but character is a trait that propels people on to bigger and better things.
That the sort of leadership that is a "kick arse quality" for me.

I am admittedly a soft touch but Berry resonates well with me , character will take you a long way in life and I wish Berry all the best going forward because the cards he got dealt early in life are pretty shitty .

IMO those who overcome adversity early in life, as a general rule, out perform those who launch from the comfort zone.

Especially considering he's been used throughout their social media posts. It's all so weird. Maybe they're trollin

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Always a good start with me when someone also shares the Masten displeasure.

Not sure exactly who I want at 12 myself .................... expecting to be underwhelmed come Friday night.

I do get the safe bet comment and I do also like Berry as I am fan , the adversity that he has endured and overcome this last two year just screams character to me.

Shit i just can't imagine how F***ed up my attitude to life would have been at 17 having lost my Mum to cancer.... TBH it wasn't easy in my 40"s, when that happened to me and that was when I myself was a parent.

Call me old fashioned but character is a trait that propels people on to bigger and better things.
That the sort of leadership that is a "kick arse quality" for me.

I am admittedly a soft touch but Berry resonates well with me , character will take you a long way in life and I wish Berry all the best going forward because the cards he got dealt early in life are pretty shitty .

IMO those who overcome adversity early in life, as a general rule, out perform those who launch from the comfort zone.
Well with Berry's mum, Parto's dad, Duggan's junior teammate and Shuey's sister all dying we should have a premiership midfield!

Yes I know this is in bad taste, but it would seem like a trend if we do draft Berry.

And yes I realise Shuey was already drafted at that stage

I have a feeling we'll panic that we don't have a JK replacement waiting, go full derp and take Marshall

Look how skinny this weiner is

ca2c24699bc9537f8df2c4efdb36e1c3

Last edited:
You're right, it does seem like a no brainer pick, maybe this is one of those situations where the club is overthinking it and they end up outsmarting themselves (like a certain recent finals team selection).
They are going to look pretty bloody stupid if they don't take SPP after he's been under their noses all year and he turns into a star.
It was interesting in the grand final washup how the Bulldogs recruiter said that they looked at what players could do rather than what they couldn't but required that a prospective draftee needed to be elite in at least one skill. Or something like that anyway

Might be time to start looking more at strengths and less at weaknesses

I'm almost at the point where I think that we've been deliberately downplaying our interest in him for whatever reason

I know i have the blinkers on big time with SPP but I genuinely believe he's going to be a star and we'll regret passing on him

Yep. I see us as a very soft football club and SPP would be a good start in changing that

I think most of us do. And the club knows the views of those outside of the club (media), with many comments of them being soft or being a team with a soft underbelly etc... and nothing has been done. As much as I would like SPP, I doubt the club are going to start rectifying that now, unfortunately. Meanwhile we can continue enjoying watching Masten run around doing semi circles, not sticking tackles and not hitting the scoreboard in that HF/ mid position.

Well with Berry's mum, Parto's dad, Duggan's junior teammate and Shuey's sister all dying we should have a premiership midfield!

Yes I know this is in bad taste, but it would seem like a trend if we do draft Berry.

And yes I realise Shuey was already drafted at that stage
Well Barich will already have his first five press conference questions sorted then

I actually don't think its gone backwards , rather the kids around him have come on and got physically stronger, therefore tackling harder and quicker.

His ball drop and kicking posture is appalling ( he kicks hunched back like Cousins did early in the piece ) you are never going to get any distance or penetration when you do that.
He also never lifts his arms out when he kicks so his kicking action is very stifled.
Now that can be corrected as we did with Cousins.

Plus JG likes the dinky passes and therefore he only EVER raises his eyes when he is within striking distance of jailing a goal.
That screams two things to me:

1. selfish player
2. looking for the easy option.

Neither of theses traits please me.

That said I do admit his good is very good.

See, I don't believe that there's any risk with pick 12. Sure we may not get the best prospect,but we'll definitely get a good player! Whether SPP or Berry or Gallucci or Brodie,etc, they'll likely be best 22 for a while.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2016 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back