List Mgmt. 2016 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Gallucci is vanilla so no surprises we like him. **** I'd be so done with WCE if we took Gallucci. WHY ALWAYS VANILLA
Because it's creamy, soft and easy to mix other things with.

Another outside player.

What could go wrong?
Yeh I mean it's a brilliant plan to bring in some more vanilla outside guys, I think the only thing that could top it in terms of strategy would be picking up that Mitch Brown guy in the off season and then playing him as a forward pocket in all our big games next year.

So had an interesting chat today with my mate that works at west coast. Now all I'm doing is passing what I heard on, I don't want to hear people complaining that it's a load of BS, I'm just passing on what I heard. Said there is no chance we take SPP at 12, eagles don't rate him anywhere near that high. IF he's there at our second they will take him but not before. Said that Galluci & Berry are our two main targets for 12, with Galluci ahead of Berry. Now having said that, I'll be really pissed if we don't take SPP, you can just tell he's gonna be a gun. It's Cripps all over again. I do rate Berry highly, but Galluci can GTFO. Will prefer English, and I think that's a wasted move!

I trust the judgement of the club on this. They have had an excellent opportunity to get a look at this kid for over a year now. If he is available at 12 and we don't pick him up it would be for good reasons, not because he loves the Eagles or he dreamed of playing AFL after our '06 victory. If we do get him then great, but I don't see him as the next Chris Judd, just a kid with some potential like everyone else that enters the draft.

In all seriousness thanks for the inside info but i doubt anyone on this board wanted to here the Gallucci links!! If its good mail its definitely killed some excitement for me.

Well, it's only conjecture at the moment.

Let's all save the losing our minds shit for the day, I say!
I'm going to be very disappointed if it's Galluci. We already have so much vanilla on our team and most of it's not even the good kind of vanilla, it's the shitty, fat free, diet vanilla ice cream that you get on special at Coles because no one ever buys it and then it gives you a dodgy stomach for the next couple of days and you're not sure if it's because it's whatever they put in it to make it "light" ice cream or because it's been sitting at the back of the shop freezer for the last 7 years. That's the kind of vanilla we end up with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm going to be very disappointed if it's Galluci. We already have so much vanilla on our team and most of it's not even the good kind of vanilla, it's the shitty, fat free, diet vanilla ice cream that you get on special at Coles because no one ever buys it and then it gives you a dodgy stomach for the next couple of days and you're not sure if it's because it's whatever they put in it to make it "light" ice cream or because it's been sitting at the back of the shop freezer for the last 7 years. That's the kind of vanilla we end up with.

IMG_0399.JPG

Yeah not as keen on the Galluci pick, but admittedly a lot of people had Parker and even Duggo down as vanilla pre-draft. The matter of fact is, no matter anyones opinion on this board, those associated with the club will have looked into the players far more than anyone else here.

So many people on this board are WA-centric (for obvious reasons), and that's perfectly fine, but there's a whole lot of quality talent on offer outside of that, and one I rate very highly is Berry. He certainly seems like the kind of kid that we'd be into and I would absolutely love to pick him up.

Whether Powell-Pepper is considered a reach or not, I'd be happy to pick him up with our first, but considering how much insight the club would have in relation to him it only makes sense to trust their judgement.

Monocle you're one of the posters on here who seems to have a good read on the draft prospects as a whole, so I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on Berry in particular.

Yeah not as keen on the Galluci pick, but admittedly a lot of people had Parker and even Duggo down as vanilla pre-draft. The matter of fact is, no matter anyones opinion on this board, those associated with the club will have looked into the players far more than anyone else here.

So many people on this board are WA-centric (for obvious reasons), and that's perfectly fine, but there's a whole lot of quality talent on offer outside of that, and one I rate very highly is Berry. He certainly seems like the kind of kid that we'd be into and I would absolutely love to pick him up.

Whether Powell-Pepper is considered a reach or not, I'd be happy to pick him up with our first, but considering how much insight the club would have in relation to him it only makes sense to trust their judgement.
I'd be more than happy with Berry. I'm just not sure where all this trust in the clubs decision making comes from. I mean this is the same club that has had Mitch Brown on it's list for nearly 10 years and then decided it would be a good idea to play him out of position in a do or die final. This is the same club who tried to give Patrick Mcginnity another contract and had to be told by the player himself that it wasn't a good idea. I'm not as confident as you and others that their insight into anything is worth much.

I'd be more than happy with Berry. I'm just not sure where all this trust in the clubs decision making comes from. I mean this is the same club that has had Mitch Brown on it's list for nearly 10 years and then decided it would be a good idea to play him out of position in a do or die final. This is the same club who tried to give Patrick Mcginnity another contract and had to be told by the player himself that it wasn't a good idea. I'm not as confident as you and others that their insight into anything is worth much.
Nail on the head

Gallucci is an interesting one. He has some exceptional traits but whether he cant put them all together at an AFL level im not sure on. He has terrific pace and a big leap, good breakaway speed from stoppages and has some real influence when hes on his game. His numbers are quite inconsistent. Has the ability to dominate by foot but he's also inconsistent sometimes. Certainly would not call him vanilla. Hayden Crozier would be a similar(ish) type in terms of his traits and perhaps Gallucci may be likewise suited to a role in defence in which Crozier blossomed this year. If he puts it all together though he will be a great pickup and certainly has outstanding midfield potential.

Cockatoo?

Jetta or Lucas was a huge one and Rich was massive.

I think he meant this is different because people are treating it as a foregone conclusion? Certainly for Cockatoo there was a lot of support but there was probably more discussion of other options than there has been this year. I am probably guilty too of thinking of SPP as an Eagle already, I think it'll happen but we'll see.

Sheed was a very predictable pick that year from a long way out and the only other rumoured option was Lennon (wow we dodged a bullet there).

Gallucci is an interesting one. He has some exceptional traits but whether he cant put them all together at an AFL level im not sure on. He has terrific pace and a big leap, good breakaway speed from stoppages and has some real influence when hes on his game. His numbers are quite inconsistent. Has the ability to dominate by foot but he's also inconsistent sometimes. Certainly would not call him vanilla. Hayden Crozier would be a similar(ish) type in terms of his traits and perhaps Gallucci may be likewise suited to a role in defence in which Crozier blossomed this year. If he puts it all together though he will be a great pickup and certainly has outstanding midfield potential.
You see I would describe Crozier as vanilla so I'm not sold.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2016 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back