List Mgmt. 2016 Draft - It was on last Friday.

Remove this Banner Ad

I would say that we are more than likely to draft 3 inside mids in 5 picks across senior & rookie selections

That tells me that C.Ellis probably hasn't lived upto what was expected and they would be hedging their bets

So your speculation we will take 3 inside mids leads you to the conclusion that CEllis hasn't lived up to promise and the club is hedging their bets? :huh:

So your speculation we will take 3 inside mids leads you to the conclusion that CEllis hasn't lived up to promise and the club is hedging their bets? :huh:
In your opinion will he !!

Not just Ellis but Conca,Townsend and even Vlastuin in the sens of being able to play midfield.

All were drafted to me midfielders and with a shortage of our KPP stocks if we select another 3 mids then you would ask how many can be played

You're.

Cmon buddy.
57852788.jpg

I reckon we can land a gun midfielder at 27 and project KPP's at our next two picks assuming we make them.

If one of the KPP's comes on we can get away with drafting one in the first round next year and taking a gun mid as well.

We don't need any small-mid sized forwards/defenders or outside runners.

I reckon we can land a gun midfielder at 27 and project KPP's at our next two picks assuming we make them.

If one of the KPP's comes on we can get away with drafting one in the first round next year and taking a gun mid as well.

Give me two

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would say that we are more than likely to draft 3 inside mids in 5 picks across senior & rookie selections

That tells me that C.Ellis probably hasn't lived upto what was expected and they would be hedging their bets

No way, he has shown more than enough and probably missed a dozen games he would have played due to injury. He'll play 15+ games next year barring injury as he was starting to find the ball 15+ times a game and he has elite disposal.

Haven't seen any of these kids but Bolton s highlights are impressive reminds me of Peter Matera running down the wing .
Any chance he's still available at our pick .
Watched Bolton in a couple of games. Looked like an absolute gun impact player. I'd be happy to take him if we had a top 10 pick. If he falls to us, I am buying a lotto ticket. I'd say no hope.

I would be interested to see how many quality KPF currently on lists that were drafted outside the top 20? I know Darling went at 25 but most quality go early therefore you may as well forget about them later in the draft.
If there are none at 27 worth picking don't bother, defenders are different, IMO we should take Battle followed by mids.

reckon we are adding depth to the mids so Corey for example can play as Mid #6/7 & develope under less pressure etc.

we have 5 spots overall including 2 Rookie spots so hoping it's Mids in the Draft & maybe a tall back if the right one is there, maybe Rookie a ruck & leave fwds for next yr!

I would be interested to see how many quality KPF currently on lists that were drafted outside the top 20? I know Darling went at 25 but most quality go early therefore you may as well forget about them later in the draft.
If there are none at 27 worth picking don't bother, defenders are different, IMO we should take Battle followed by mids.
as a rule the "elite" ones go top 15 the rest rarely make it.
KPD's are 2nd rd or later, can find good rucks in rookie Draft.

as a rule the "elite" ones go top 15 the rest rarely make it.
KPD's are 2nd rd or later, can find good rucks in rookie Draft.

This is my point, why waste picks on VFL players or list cloggers, just because you have a need.....
If we have 4 picks late you try your luck and hope to get 1 right, most likely a mid.
If you don't have KPP you trade, or manoeuvre yourself into draft position to get them and take them early

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2016 Draft - It was on last Friday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back