List Mgmt. 2016 Draft Prospects(Poll Added)

Which player do you want at our first & second pick?

• Daniel Venables

Votes: 14 9.2%
  • Will Hayward

Votes: 20 13.2%
  • Jy Simpkin

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Sam Powell-Pepper

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • Zach Sproule

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Harrison Macreadie

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • Todd Marshall

Votes: 38 25.0%
  • Jarrod Berry

Votes: 19 12.5%
  • Jordan Galluci

• Oliver Florent

Votes: 12 7.9%
  • Jack Scrimshaw

• Luke Ryan

• Josh Battle

Votes: 25 16.4%
  • Willem Drew

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Jack Maibum

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Joe Atley

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Tim English

Votes: 31 20.4%
  • Josh Rotham

• Patrick Kerr

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Alex Witherden

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brennan Cox

Votes: 6 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately Alex Villis has found out that he's got a heart condition that'll probably prevent him from playing competitive sport, poor bugger.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Damn.
It's not Supraventricular tachycardia is it? Eagleton had a version of tachycardia and was able to play after an ablation, I've got a similar condition yet I gym 4 times a week, ride to and from work, played football for years etc. I guess elite level sport is significantly different but most conditions can be managed.

Damn.
It's not Supraventricular tachycardia is it? Eagleton had a version of tachycardia and was able to play after an ablation, I've got a similar condition yet I gym 4 times a week, ride to and from work, played football for years etc. I guess elite level sport is significantly different but most conditions can be managed.
Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy apparently, the same thing that Marc-Vivien Foe and a few other athletes who died while playing had.

Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy apparently, the same thing that Marc-Vivien Foe and a few other athletes who died while playing had.
Eek, that's terrible.
It's also a secondary symptom of some heart conditions so just bring diagnosed isn't the end point but it certainly makes things hard.
From my limited understanding, he'd have to wear a heart rate monitor and keep his rate under a certain level to avoid further hypertrophy of the walls.
Basically it's incompatible with anything except light non-impact exercise so forget professional sport, pretty much most amateur sport beyond bowls and chess would be out of the question.

Poor kid.

I would prefer if we went for Simpkin at 18, mainly because one of our biggest issues was we would bomb it inside 50 and expect our forwards to be miracle workers and make something out of nothing

With Simpkin, he is a renowned half-forward with good kicking, lowers the eyes and great goal nous. Before his injury, he was expected to push into the midfield, where he likely would have dominated and his stocks rise further

You only have to see with his first (and only) game this year where he took the opposition straight to the cleaners that he is a huge talent, and would suit us perfectly

Its not often a projected top 10 pick at the start of the year is available at pick 18, and assuming we go with best available, I can't see us looking past him (assuming no obvious sliders such as Logue are around 18)

With 26, Rotham for me would be an obvious choice. He is the modern defender that could be the successor of the Boyd position down back. If Ryan was available there as well, I would be weighing up whether we look for immediate impact in Ryan, or long term future in Rotham. If by some miracle Battle is still available, I cant see Dal let him slip past 26

With 50, Long would be a great pick up. Not only a great small forward, but has the ability to play a small defender as well. That versatility will hold him in good steed with Bevo and the team. If we didn't go with Rotham at 26, Ridley would also be a viable option as well to fill that half back role

With 75, the only thing I can see that comes across as somewhat obvious would be Hannan, but even then we may look at him as a rookie. Maybe Romero, but again he looks more of a rookie than anything.

I'm in no way an expert on the draft, but from all the sources and all the phantoms and various draft profiles I have read, I feel that those would be our ideal pick ups come November

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently Hannan will be looked at for a rookie spot with Romero still open for that spot.
Glad to hear Hannan is a chance, liked him a lot this year. Takes a good grab and is a dead eye shot for goal. Problem is that he is that in between type in size, not really a midfield option either. But the kid can play. He'd be a good Tory Dickson replacement in a couple of years perhaps. I think the kid Long will be hard to pass up too.

I have not seen Romero play have you?

Glad to hear Hannan is a chance, liked him a lot this year. Takes a good grab and is a dead eye shot for goal. Problem is that he is that in between type in size, not really a midfield option either. But the kid can play. He'd be a good Tory Dickson replacement in a couple of years perhaps. I think the kid Long will be hard to pass up too.

I have not seen Romero play have you?
I have seen him play the three games.
Looked a bit lost but most 23rd players do when not triaining with the team, his positioning around the ball/drop of ball is good.
He is a outside midfielder/small forward when playing for his school (which i haven't seen)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2016 Draft Prospects(Poll Added)

Back