2016 Fixture predictions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Complaining about the fixture is up there with the biggest wastes of time around...

Yes it's not fair but if you want to be the best you have to beat the best regardless
I know of one person who argues that the Dogs got a really soft draw and that was the reason why they finished so high up.

I know of one person who argues that the Dogs got a really soft draw and that was the reason why they finished so high up.

perhaps, but they did beat West Coast, Richmond, Adelaide, Sydney, North Melbourne throughout the year, not to mention beating teams who were vying for that final 8th spot on the ladder. They will improve again next year.

perhaps, but they did beat West Coast, Richmond, Adelaide, Sydney, North Melbourne throughout the year, not to mention beating teams who were vying for that final 8th spot on the ladder. They will improve again next year.

They played Eagles, Port, Roos, Saints and Dees twice so nothing absolutely ridiculous

Did they win the flag? No... so it didn't mean squat.
It can inflate teams true standing and actually hurt them draft pick wise IMO, and at the end of the day the best couple of teams are normally the ones there on the last game of the year.

Is the draw coming out today?

I know everyone loves night games at Skilled but I will say that as someone who lives 3 hours away from Geelong it was the reason I gave up my season reserved seating,driving back at 1am dodging roos just wasn't worth it. Still happy to get them though and it's great for the city.

Will the renovations affect when the first game can be played at KP? Or will it be avilable from the start?

Re: the Doggies "soft draw", I thought they actually stuffed up some of their easier double up games by losing and they actually won against many of the teams above them on the ladder to make up for it.
I thought Doggies got there on merit. Some other teams in other years certainly made the most of a friendly draw.

SO confirmed from afl.com, addy etc (i think) is:

Rnd 1 Hawks @ G (home or away?)
Rnd 2 GWS (away)
Rnd 3 ?? (home?)
Rnd 4 Bombers @ G (homne or away?))
Rnd 5 Port (away)
Rnd 6 ??
Rnd 7 ??
Rnd 8 ??
Rnd 9 ??
Rnd 10 Carlton (away @ Etihad)
Rnd 11 GWS (home)

4 night games at skilled.
You would think that Dangerfield returning to Adelaide won't happen in the second half of the season. I would think it would have to be in the Round 3, 6, 7, 8, 9 spacing. Will be interesting to see when the AFL place that game. Obviously promotion will be a big thing.

I just want the AFL to stick to its word and schedule based on ladder position from the previous year. Sure, we had a good trade period - but we still had all of September off.

And if they are really worried about us, im sure they will find no shortage of 6 day breaks to give us like last year. But make the teams we play relevant to how we did.

And really, if we are not good enough later in the year and make the finals, we'll get flogged like WC did.

Go Catters

The AFL will no doubt delay releasing the fixture today in order to have a few hundred thousand people repeatedly clicking on their website link over the course of the day, thus boosting their "hits" and making them feel popular. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just want the AFL to stick to its word and schedule based on ladder position from the previous year. Sure, we had a good trade period - but we still had all of September off.

Go Catters
So is there a written policy about fixtureing and the 6-6-6 rule? If so, one would think it cannot be broken.

So is there a written policy about fixtureing and the 6-6-6 rule? If so, one would think it cannot be broken.
Didn't someone post the "rules" or fixturing structure in this thread a few days ago? I'll have a look through later and link it for you if I can- can't do just now, sorry.
In any case, the AFL will just change the "rules" to suit what they want, then issue the fixture along with the new set of rules. That's how they do things.

Edit- rules are on page 1 of this thread, second post in by Biggy Boy.

Is the draw coming out today?

I know everyone loves night games at Skilled

images

Would like to see a day game v the pies. Last time was 07! (Besides that great day in 2011).
Would make sense to host Carlton in Geelong rather than the bombers, given how poor the blues are atm.
GWS in Geelong would also be nice.

Would like to see a day game v the pies. Last time was 07! (Besides that great day in 2011).
Would make sense to host Carlton in Geelong rather than the bombers, given how poor the blues are atm.
GWS in Geelong would also be nice.

Addy reckons we're playing GWS twice in Rd 2 + 11 - having the return match halfway through the season is a bit early I would've thought.

Will probably get Carlton at Simonds next year but Essendon aren't much better.

GWS are going to be a force next season.
They were virtually bound for finals this season before injuries to Mumford, Shiel, Palmer and Scully slowed them down.
They will gain all those guys and have Patton & Johnson added to the forward line.

Fingers crossed they aren't next years surprise packet (ala West Coast 2015).

Sorry to intrude but hearing we play you guys at KP round 3. Just wondering if any of you have heard that.

Nothing against you guys but hope its not true as our merger agreement says 6 games in Melbourne which never gets honoured.

Sorry to intrude but hearing we play you guys at KP round 3. Just wondering if any of you have heard that.

Nothing against you guys but hope its not true as our merger agreement says 6 games in Melbourne which never gets honoured.
I heard that on twitter from a K-Rock journo

And they count the game in Geelong as a Melbourne game for the purposes of your agreement, so unfortunately for you guys I think you will get that game every year

I heard that on twitter from a K-Rock journo

And they count the game in Geelong as a Melbourne game for the purposes of your agreement, so unfortunately for you guys I think you will get that game every year
Under the merger agreement and our membership its not counted. Have no issue as long as we get 6 games in Melbourne as well as 1 in Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

2016 Fixture predictions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back