Hot Topic 2016 Leadership Group - Murphy retains Captaincy

Which 5 players will form our Leadership Group?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Was down at the club this afternoon, caught a glimpse of the 2016 leadership group heading off to take their photo:

Murphy

Gibbs
Walker
Simmo
Cripps
Ed Curnow
Docherty

Love the Curnow and Docherty inclusions!

Job well done :) .....................and change your user name if you keep coming through with the good oil.

Was down at the club this afternoon, caught a glimpse of the 2016 leadership group heading off to take their photo:

Murphy

Gibbs
Walker
Simmo
Cripps
Ed Curnow
Docherty

Love the Curnow and Docherty inclusions!
Happy with Murphy and Gibbs if it's C and VC respectively. I know we've debated the merits of each ad nauseum, but to me they are both the obvious choices for now. Not happy with a 7 man group personally. Just think it's too many. Don't have a problem with those named, but don't see the need for Walker and Simmo to be part of it.
I'll take that post with a grain of salt though. Thanks for taking the time to sign up and post if it's true, but it's hard to take 1st time posters on their word 100%.

Happy with Murphy and Gibbs if it's C and VC respectively. I know we've debated the merits of each ad nauseum, but to me they are both the obvious choices for now. Not happy with a 7 man group personally. Just think it's too many. Don't have a problem with those named, but don't see the need for Walker and Simmo to be part of it.
I'll take that post with a grain of salt though. Thanks for taking the time to sign up and post if it's true, but it's hard to take 1st time posters on their word 100%.

Haha yep that's fair enough. I hope I'm right too, cause I'd be stoked with that leadership group (though 7 is probably pushing too many...)

ps. to prove myself, check out Walker's bright green socks when the photo gets released :)

Haha yep that's fair enough. I hope I'm right too, cause I'd be stoked with that leadership group (though 7 is probably pushing too many...)

ps. to prove myself, check out Walker's bright green socks when the photo gets released :)
Just checked the club's training pics from today and I can't see Walker in any of them, so you're in with a chance. ;)
Welcome aboard BTW.

Well I guess that's why they pay recruiters the big buckeroos !!

Seriously though most armchair experts wouldn't have picked Steve Smith to be Aust cricket captain back in the day.

Anyone consider that Cripps may have asked for it?

It's not as though he'd be running the show and many of the young guys already look up to him............and if what has come through is correct, he makes for one in seven. No big deal.
I'd rather clubs leaders be selected from a poll of players and coaches.
Whether a player asks for it shouldn't be relevant imo.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marc Murphy gets nod to continue as Carlton captain in 2016

MARC Murphy will be confirmed as Carlton captain for a fourth season.
The Blues’ off-season “reset” under new coach Brendon Bolton hasn’t extended to the club’s on-field leader, with Murphy given the nod to continue.

Bolton said he was “really open-minded” about the captaincy when he took over in November, but was impressed by the midfielder’s leadership qualities over summer.
Murphy is on Tuesday expected to be named at the head of a leadership group featuring at least one new name as Carlton looks to start its re-birth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to see:

Murphy & Gibbs obviously
Tuohy: I reckon he's ready to take on a stronger role at the club.
Docherty because he's clearly already a regular and is made of the right stuff and is an eloquent speaker.
Curnow: Train as I do............Simple

Bragging rights time. Four out of five ain't bad...........pretty sure there's a song in there somewhere

Remove this Banner Ad

Hot Topic 2016 Leadership Group - Murphy retains Captaincy

Back