List Mgmt. 2016 List Management: Contracts, Trading, Drafting, Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he is well aware that he has dropped down the pecking order and we have an opportunity to replace him with macreadie, a taller local boy.

But that whole draft is looking like a bust so far.

Pickett 0 games
Ahern 0 games
Marchbank leaving
Steele leaving(not yet confirmed)
Finlayson 0 games

I think he is well aware that he has dropped down the pecking order and we have an opportunity to replace him with macreadie, a taller local boy.

But that whole draft is looking like a bust so far.

Pickett 0 games
Ahern 0 games
Marchbank leaving
Steele leaving(not yet confirmed)
Finlayson 0 games

Still have high hopes for Ahern and perhaps with more time Finlayson will come good, but by far it's been our worst draft outcome so far

I can't see us going all out for Marshall. Us fans like the idea because "**** them for interfering with our academy" but he's surplus to needs and is going to be overdrafted simply because he's a KPF, same as McCartin and Day were. Let him go to Freo and then play the go home card in two years. :p

Before I say anything about Marshall I'll just add that I am a GWS member as well as Essendon ( I live in Sydney and have been a member since the second season although I have been snapped at for posting here before) so please don't take this the wrong way.. Would Marshall consider Sydney as going home? Deniliquin is 3 hours north of Melbourne. I'll also add I am originally from Deniliquin relocated 4 years ago. I know his father pretty well but I'm not in Deni at all anymore so I haven't had a chance to speak to him about it and If he was upset abiut the afl forcing him out of the academy.

Marshall I think will turn into a beauty of a player, he's still growing takes a mark out in front at pace and is a beautiful kick. He has always been pretty tall for his age but only in the last 12 months has he become a big forward. Has always been pretty quick and agile. Would there be any chance he gets to your Collingwood pick? Losing McCarthy, possibly Stewart and while I think Lobb will stay. Marshall would be nice depth to develop as he is probably 2-3 even 4 years away from playing senior footy.

Before I say anything about Marshall I'll just add that I am a GWS member as well as Essendon ( I live in Sydney and have been a member since the second season although I have been snapped at for posting here before) so please don't take this the wrong way.. Would Marshall consider Sydney as going home? Deniliquin is 3 hours north of Melbourne. I'll also add I am originally from Deniliquin relocated 4 years ago. I know his father pretty well but I'm not in Deni at all anymore so I haven't had a chance to speak to him about it and If he was upset abiut the afl forcing him out of the academy.

Marshall I think will turn into a beauty of a player, he's still growing takes a mark out in front at pace and is a beautiful kick. He has always been pretty tall for his age but only in the last 12 months has he become a big forward. Has always been pretty quick and agile. Would there be any chance he gets to your Collingwood pick? Losing McCarthy, possibly Stewart and while I think Lobb will stay. Marshall would be nice depth to develop as he is probably 2-3 even 4 years away from playing senior footy.

Tippett "came home" to Sydney. It's amazing how home is where the heart is, and the heart is where the money is. ;)

We all knew it was coming just hope we get decent value in return

Guys like Marchbank really piss me off. The rumours about him wanting out started last year in about March.

If he was that much of a weak gutless mummies boy maybe he should have said to SOS "Look you probably shouldn't take me because I'm still on the teat...literally, and need to remain close to bum **** Benalla".

But no, his manager wanted him to be pick 6 rather than pick 22 where he was projected.

As much as I hate that punk Wingard, and I really despise that shit stain, at least he was honest with us.

Pity Boyd and Marchbank couldn't do the same.

Hope he has a shit career because **** him.

Last edited:
Will end up being a very good player but we won't miss him one bit. We now have the depth in key defenders that you need to compete (Davis, patfull, Corr, Finlayson, Tomlinson, HH, Haynes) with a mix of experience and youth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some kids just know they're not temperamentally capable of being a premiership player.

Also-rans like Sunshine and Marchbank are simply more comfortable being a high profile player in a rubbish team.

I expect Marchbank will end up like a 2nd rate Rance. He'll jag a B&F in cellar dwelling club, because it's just a lot more comfortable than being exposed as substandard in a team like ours genuinely contesting for the Flag year in, year out.

Adios Caleb, careful crossing the Rio Grande...

Surely this becomes one of the major red flag questions at draft camp now.

Have you ever been homesick? Can you ever picture yourself away from home? Something along those lines but a bit more subtle.

Surely this becomes one of the major red flag questions at draft camp now.

Have you ever been homesick? Can you ever picture yourself away from home? Something along those lines but a bit more subtle.

"Are you a sook who's going to run off to mummy's skirts as quickly as possible, or are you a man?"

And then get it on video to leak the response if they say they're a man but then run off. ;)

Never wanted to be in Sydney and the family felt the same way is what has been whispered for a while. Seems odd that if the club did proper due diligance and still went for him.

I have the 2014 Draft on IQ, as soon as I saw his Mum's reaction when he was drafted my heart sank...her head dropped like a beaten favourite. She could not even bring herself to smile.

SOS was a very mediocre and inexperienced recruiter. Sorry but it had to be said.

Out of contract 3
Marchbank
Steele
Stewart
Under contract
Tomlinson
WHE
McCarthy
So no breaking news just if they want to leave and if we can package up Barrett and Palmer with any of them to get a contract

Oh. So no one we havent thought was possibly going.

They wrote it like it was Hopper or Shiel etx

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Nope. Nothing unexpected. Collingwood mentioned as a suitor for Tomlinson along with hoskin Elliott.

Sen just said bombers, blues and saints the front runners for Marchbank

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2016 List Management: Contracts, Trading, Drafting, Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back