List Mgmt. 2016 NAB AFL Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

of course you have to look at the teams around us and how much they may improve as well.......like the "bummers" with all their returning banned players and the suns/rich/col it depends a lot on depth, but we may have to stand still a while before we move up again........actually can only really see us finishing above the lions and who knows with them as well ???

We can look around at the additions of other clubs and postulate.

But Richmond weren't expected to flop, neither were Fremantle, probably Collingwood too.

Teams expected to perform will inevitably disappoint, every year.

Touhy has been replaced by a couple of guys who hopefully improve our flexibility, Not sure Tuohy could push into the midfield or half forward like Pickett, Palmer and Smedts probably will do.

Yes but Tuohy does it in the AFL...

A lot of negativity getting around.

I was all for gibbs being traded, but not for pick 13 and steak knives. I dearly hope adelaide struggles mightily when teams decide to stop them getting goals out the back (like they did in the last 3 weeks of their season). Their 2017 team is worse! Oh, the LOLZ.

Maybe they will slip down the ladder and their new list mangler will be offering pick 8 or 9 and a player? Who knows?

SOS managed to get two highly rated players for nix. Kept pick 5 (perhaps the best outcome after early concerns). Picked up a dickhead in palmer (but is easily in our best 22), and smedts who is also probably our starting half forward.

Very excited to add murph, a gun mid in pick 5, and hopefully a fired up gibbs to the fray.

If our youth come on, we could push for 8-10wins.

Go Blues, and well done SOS!

Now that the dust has settled, we did pretty well overall and didn't part with our first for Stewart, McKenna and co.
A little disappointed we didn't get Hrovat but other than that, we have our #5 intact and that's more important.

I do think though that Saints, Melbourne & Brisbane did best......and in the case of the Saints, that may have largely been from a Hawthorn approach.
GWS are better placed for a premiership now than they were last year but of you counted out the values of what they lost/traded/gave away, they'd be miles behind.

Imagine if we traded off so many players that were taken top ten for virtually peanuts....:eek:

of course you have to look at the teams around us and how much they may improve as well.......like the "bummers" with all their returning banned players and the suns/rich/col it depends a lot on depth, but we may have to stand still a while before we move up again........actually can only really see us finishing above the lions and who knows with them as well ???

Look, we won 7 this season and were a Marc Murphy away from winning between 4 and 6 more. That's pushing finals this season, new coach and all. I was disappointed with the Zac trade, but overall I think we've improved our list already and that's before the draft.

* is an unknown, the Suns will probably improve but could just as easily be a basket case again, the Filth probably underperformed this season but have one of the worst coaches in the business, and Richmond could have 22 Brownlow medallists running around and still finish 9th, in addition to having a coach the equal or worse of Buckley.

You're also forgetting that some teams above us might drop off (Port and Norf, I'm looking at you in particular).

And I'm a pessimist.

Thank you very much blues, to think a first and 2nd round is all it took to get a deal done why didn't we think of it in week 1 ......

Also congrats on Gibbs, he is contracted on what seems a long and big contact and should honour it unless it suits both parties

Let the crows throw a tantrum but at the end of the day he was contracted and that's it
Anyone have insight on why we did the pick swapping with the Hawks??

thanks to

1. smurph/ericp/barrassi and other keen followers for the information during trade week - much appreciated but you already now that

My summary is
2. in particular - Gibb's family situation seems to be more real than 'fake' - so I am glad he is genuinely happy to stay and Carlton is happy he stays because he is needed
3. we scored Marchbank who is obviously rated top10 draft pick still and a sneaky potential superstar in Pickett when/if he gets fit - for not much, after GWS were thinking pick#5 or at least pick#13 which they had planned for in cahoots with Adelaide ( Adelbraindead)
4. welcome to a coupel of experienced blokes in Palmer and Billy ( who might turn out to be Wright mk11)
5. WE KEPT pick #5
6. We helped Hawthorn nopt lose JOM to EssenDONE !!!:D:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:
7. SOS kept his cool and pretty much made it clear for every team in AFL to play nice - GWS ( meaning ex Richmond flogs) you will pay for trying to be too clever somewhere sometime oh and fanks for Marchbank.
8. Tuohy gone is sad - but was important to get who we got in the end.

SOS did not have last year's currency to play with so we missed Steele and maybe Hrovate and the other GWS blokes who decided to stay put - there is always next year.

Depth has improved which it needed to - here is fingers crossed for a coupel of standout draftees to add tro Marchbank and Pickett as long termers.

SOS did good and managed to get a knee into EssenDONE's groin area for laughs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For me, its more that a couple of teams that finished behind us, namely Essendon, GCS and Fremantle, I expect will finish ahead of us next season. I think our performances will improve, but I expect a ladder position similar to this years, maybe a slight drop.

Yup totally agree those two of those teams will finish above us this year, not convinced re:GCS though that may be dependent on how their injury prone players go. Concerned that we won't beat Brisbane or Richmond. Hmmm if we had lost Gibbs without an equivalent replacement we would be a lock for the spoon, still very concerned re midfield depth and quality, Cripps goes down and we are in serious trouble.The injury prone players we have in the team and have brought in more are a real concern.

Nothing so far fills me with confidence that any immediate improvement will occur, depends on who we take at pick 5 and if we get a good player in the PSD.

H McKay, C Curnow are the keys to improvement in the forward line.

I'm tipping improved performance vs the last half of the year but us finishing the season at a lower level again to due to young talent.

Have to remind myself that we are 22 games into the rebuild to be a competitive team and to be patient. Boy has this trade period tested my patience.

PS The better half will tell me I may as well support her giants given our further acquistions!!!

GWS's second which effectively could be pushed out as far as #40.
It sounds great as a second but when you look at it that 1. GWS may finish 1st. 2. By the time some compos come back in as they did this year..

We took a risk....have extra spots for players we may want....and have garnered good faith with The Hawks.
Anyone have insight on why we did the pick swapping with the Hawks??
dunno but I guess we owe you guys 1

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2016 NAB AFL Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back