List Mgmt. 2016 NAB AFL Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

who's going to play on the best small forwards?
Not sure Tuohy done a great job of this either although he had his moments but would expect that Buckley, Plowman, Sheehan, White, Simpson and Docherty all might get a go depending on match ups.

Would also like to see Armfield or Palmer thrown that challenge at times also, maybe if they can succeed at this role they may have a regular spot.

May also have a target as a delisted free agent for this role as well.

As for McKay. What a load of shit. Loved watching the guy play but hate listening to him speak.

"We've got a pick in every round" Come one mate stop it.

We don't give a **** about getting a pick in every round, we need multiple picks in the early rounds.
Yeah but that was a polite way of saying **** Essendon* and the PSD probability....

Apologies for posting here...............BUT

Can someone explain to me how you managed to trade your 2017 R2 pick to BOTH Geelong & Hawthorn??
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-10-20/indicative-2016-afl-draft-order

From what I gather, you traded it to Geelong as part of the Tuohy deal.
Then got the GWS 2017 R2 in the Marchbank trade. Was this pick then traded to Hawthorn in that weird pick swap??

So do you have a 2017 R2 pick or not?

Can someone explain to me how you managed to trade your 2017 R2 pick to BOTH Geelong & Hawthorn??

Then got the GWS 2017 R2 in the Marchbank trade. Was this pick then traded to Hawthorn in that weird pick swap??

Traded to Hawthorn in exchange for 48, 66 & 70 which helped Hawthorn get Omeara.

No we do not have a 2nd rounder as yet for 2017 but will have next years trade period to rectify this.

Ooof, what a day. First time since the trades I've been on here.

I'm a bit confused though.. since when did we get pick 63 from Geelong? I don't remember that from yesterday.

Also, why did we swap our 2017 second round pick that we got from GWS and trade it to Hawthorn for lower picks? Did we win/lose, or was it an even trade?

We traded our 2017 pick to Geelong.

The 2017 2nd pick that went to Hawthorn was from GWS in the Marchbank and Pickett deal.

I'm happy with what we have achieved out of trade week, would of loved to get a few more top 30 picks and ultimately was only willing to accept 2 first rounders for Gibbs, so I'm happy with him for him to stay.

I'm not sure if it just me but from what has happened this trade period I'm assuming that next years draft is very shallow, can anyone confirm this?

Ooof, what a day. First time since the trades I've been on here.

I'm a bit confused though.. since when did we get pick 63 from Geelong? I don't remember that from yesterday.

Also, why did we swap our 2017 second round pick that we got from GWS and trade it to Hawthorn for lower picks? Did we win/lose, or was it an even trade?
63 was an extra in the Tuohy deal and our trade with Hawthorn was probably a nett loss on points but it gave us a presence in the 3rd and 4th round again after we traded out of it to obtain Marchbank and Pickett.

Also stopped *Essendon snaring Omeara via the PSD for free.

Effectively traded Tuohy for Marchbank (Pick 6), Pickett (Pick 4), Smedts (Pick 15) and Palmer (pick 7). A good 27 year old half back for 4 former 1st round picks.

Get to go to the draft with picks 5, 25, 48, 63 and 66.

Very little damage to next year's draft order.

We've had a blinder. Injuries could tell another story but potentially this is huge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm very pleased in the end - would have taken these trades 2 weeks ago
With a bit of injury recovery luck, we'll look back at this trading period with big smiles
Can't wait to see what Pickett can do

Effectively traded Tuohy for Marchbank (Pick 6), Pickett (Pick 4), Smedts (Pick 15) and Palmer (pick 7). A good 27 year old half back for 4 former 1st round picks.

Get to go to the draft with picks 5, 25, 48, 63 and 66.

Very little damage to next year's draft order.

We've had a blinder. Injuries could tell another story but potentially this is huge.
Don't forget we had to give up our second next year to Geelong. But otherwise agree - solid trade period.

63 was an extra in the Tuohy deal and our trade with Hawthorn was probably a nett loss on points but it gave us a presence in the 3rd and 4th round again after we traded out of it to obtain Marchbank and Pickett.

Also stopped *Essendon snaring Omeara via the PSD for free.

Anything to stop the scum! :cool:

But now we don't have a 2nd round draft pick next year, right? I hope that doesn't effect us too much!

Carlton supporters have always know it but now Hawks supporters are also thinking:
SOS, you are a LEGEND
I'm thinking it was like a scene from The Godfather, Hawks come to SOS and say we desperately need your help. SOS says yes I will help you but one day I may need to call in that favour. They kiss his hand.....as the door slowly shuts.

Something needs to happen with players that have years left on their contract and request a trade.

Should get whatever the club is offering + a compo pick. The compo pick based on the years left on the contract, age of player and $$$.

So in this situation, Gibbs for #13 from Adelaide and the AFL give a compo pick

I would suggest the pick can't be in the top 10. So with Gibbs' case with 3 years left and the high $$$, we should get #14 from the AFL. If he was 24 then it's #11.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2016 NAB AFL Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back