List Mgmt. 2016 NAB AFL Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Wait for Adelaide to cop a few injuries, then accept the same thing they were offering this year but for a better first rounder. Win/Win. Add that to a top 3 pick, (hopefully) something for our 2018 first and the foundation is complete- with a few years into our young KPP's, it's time to climb the ladder.

SOS did a lot this year with virtually nothing, gotta look at the bigger picture.

So Adelaide's best offer for Gibbs was 13 + future 2nd for Gibbs + Future 3rd. Considering without Gibbs we'd be basically wooden spooner and with Gibbs they'd be close of Grand Finalist... their best offer was Pick 13!

All that hoohaa about Family... they couldn't muster an offer that even Richmond received more for Lids

Anyone have insight on why we did the pick swapping with the Hawks??
No I do not, and why help a club that has been up the top for ages get another top mid to keep them up there.....not happy helping that prick clarkson who has never had the moral guts to apologize to Carltons`Ian Aitken for king hitting him and breaking his jaw in an exhibition match !!!!!!!!!!!! I have no time for those HAWS ever !!!!!!!!!!!!

The worst thing that can happen is we win 10 odd games on the back of some handy players. I really hope we concentrate on kids & development.

Thomas jones armfield everitt white etc should be our back up not best 22

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I thought Armfield played some fantastic games this year and was our better players tbh.

No I do not, and why help a club that has been up the top for ages get another top mid to keep them up there.....not happy helping that prick clarkson who has never had the moral guts to apologize to Carltons`Ian Aitken for king hitting him and breaking his jaw in an exhibition match !!!!!!!!!!!! I have no time for those HAWS ever !!!!!!!!!!!!

Would you have preferred he goes to Essendrug for free?

What a reward for the druggies, McCluggage and JOM for systematically cheating???

I've already said it was a nothing trade and won't cost us anything anyway. When you think about it GWS are likely in the grand final next year. After compo picks their 2nd rounder will around #40 anyway.

The only trade that I think we should've got more out of was the Tuohy one. Our 2nd next year is going to be early 20's. That + Tuohy for a late 1st rounder and a journeyman? I know it was to help facilitate the Marchbank trade, but I was hoping for a better outcome than that.

People don't seem to realise we gave away several 3rd rounders in the marchbank and Pickett deal (gws gave us a future second back)

The trade with the hawks means we effectively got back into the draft with a future second. Without that trade, we would have had pick 5, and 25, and then daylight until the 60s or so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Effectively traded Tuohy for Marchbank (Pick 6), Pickett (Pick 4), Smedts (Pick 15) and Palmer (pick 7). A good 27 year old half back for 4 former 1st round picks.

Get to go to the draft with picks 5, 25, 48, 63 and 66.

Very little damage to next year's draft order.

We've had a blinder. Injuries could tell another story but potentially this is huge.
We must have the most former 1st round picks in the league

Would you have preferred he goes to Essendrug for free?

What a reward for the druggies, McCluggage and JOM for systematically cheating???

I've already said it was a nothing trade and won't cost us anything anyway. When you think about it GWS are likely in the grand final next year. After compo picks their 2nd rounder will around #40 anyway.

The only trade that I think we should've got more out of was the Tuohy one. Our 2nd next year is going to be early 20's. That + Tuohy for a late 1st rounder and a journeyman? I know it was to help facilitate the Marchbank trade, but I was hoping for a better outcome than that.
Excuse the intrusion, just wanting to thank you guys for acting like a professional organization with the pick swap.

Although on the face of it probably a small loss to you (although you might come out with some real guns, higher picks are always a lottery) but I guarantee you it wont be forgotten by Hawthorn for a long long time to come.

Clarko will make sure that it will be one of the most beneficial trades you have made.

Goodwill is a very valuable commodity when it comes to trading and you just bought a mountain of it.

People don't seem to realise we gave away several 3rd rounders in the marchbank and Pickett deal (gws gave us a future second back)

The trade with the hawks means we effectively got back into the draft with a future second. Without that trade, we would have had pick 5, and 25, and then daylight until the 60s or so.

You're right, and when you put it like that, it makes sense. Now it means we don't have any second round picks for next year, I would assume SOS has a reason/plan for this, but obviously very early days.

Excuse the intrusion, just wanting to thank you guys for acting like a professional organization with the pick swap.

Although on the face of it probably a small loss to you (although you might come out with some real guns, higher picks are always a lottery) but I guarantee you it wont be forgotten by Hawthorn for a long long time to come.

Clarko will make sure that it will be one of the most beneficial trades you have made.

Goodwill is a very valuable commodity when it comes to trading and you just bought a mountain of it.

You're welcome.

Now hand over Gunston & Breust. :p

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2016 NAB AFL Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back