List Mgmt. 2016 Post Season Draft, Trading & Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It falls on deaf ears because it's not mired in reality. Bond is up to his neck in trading discussions, he leaves the draft picks to lloyd's team but he is all over the trading/FA
Bond is footy operations manager which means he has varying levels of input and oversight of most aspects of the club's business - recruiting, contracts, facilities, staffing, marketing, media and possibly even finance (though I'd expect that this falls within Rosich's remit). Probably a few others too.

But control (scouting, interviews, trading, liaison with player managers etc) and responsibility for list management is Lloyd. Of course the roles of football manager, list manager and CEO will vary across clubs (and over time within each club) but that, as has been explained to me, is the usual model so differences are likely minor.

Also, input into trades is a team effort and requires the input of a number of key personnel such as RTB, the coaching staff (particularly the line coach), Webber, Kim Mercer (AFAIK still the team psychologist) and others. I can imagine the influence of these will vary depending on the circumstances e.g., Webber probably had a larger say than usual when it came to the recruitment of both Harly's given they were carrying significant injuries.

If we manage to get Hamling, Hill, Kersten and McCarthy whilst keeping pick 3 we have done very very well for ourselves.
If you break it down this way it looks even better:
1st round player: ie sps
2nd: Hill
3rd: McCarthy
4th: kersten
5th: hamling

Which is why it is very unlikely to happen. But I would be over the moon if it does.
I think we will be doing well to get 3 of those 4 players into the club.
Lloyd will have his work cut out but it is possible but we will likely have a decent gap between pick 3 and fourth round, pending what we get for Barlow.

If we get 2nd round compo for Mayne and trade Ballantyne and Pick 40 for 31/49.

Consider the following:
Hill (pick 23 compo for Mayne)
Kersten (our existing Pick 58)
McCarthy + 70 (Pick 31)
Hamling (pick 49 from WCE)

We could even swap Suban and Conca. Hopefully secure a pick from GCS around 28-35 (they have pick 28 and likely get some more around this range after trading JOM).

Leaving 3, late 2nd rounder, 70, 76

If we could squeeze a slightly earlier pick out of GWS as part of the trade for McCarthy then that would be better.

Was just thinking that. 4 players around22-24 and pick 3
IMO:
Hill and McCarthy are in the 20-30 range
Hamling is in the 30-40 range and,
Kersten is in the 40-50 Range.

Perhaps we could swap Mayne compo and 2016 and 2017 3rd rounders with GWS for Mccarthy and some picks
Out 23, 40, future 3rd
In: 32, 34, 52, 70

If thats not enough for GWS we could swap over future seconds (they will be confident on that being a 10-15 spot upgrade).

We trade Barlow and 34 to GC for a pick ~20ish and a 3rd rounder they dont need( possibly there 4th too)

McCarthy: see above
Hill: ~20ish
Hamling: 32
Kersten: 52 or GC third or PSD

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Expect johnson to be back to best with no injuries, annus all over again.

Loving the discussion on trades etc. after a terrible year.

Have little interest in Hill for the Mayne compo. Would rather use the pick if it's a second rounder.

Keen on Hamling, if it can be done and hope that McCarthy and Kirsten go through asap.

Would be keen to hear from any Claremont supporters their view on Darcy Cameron as a mature age forward ruck? Not a big follower of the WAFL anymore but heard some good things about him? Possible rookie or late draft pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back