Preview 2016 Preliminary Final - Geelong Cats vs Sydney Swans, Friday September 23, MCG.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're in phenomenal shape going into this game. Our top 10 in last year's B+F was:

1. Josh Kennedy
2. Dan Hannebery
3. Kieren Jack
4. Heath Grundy
5. Jarrad McVeigh
6. Dane Rampe
7. Luke Parker
8. Kurt Tippett
9. Tom Mitchell
10. Nick Smith

I'd say this year's list is similar, and 9 of the 10 are fit and playing this week. On top of that there's Franklin, clearly one of our top few players, fit and firing. We've got an average injury list and none of those players are in our top group, except for McVeigh who may miss this weekend. Really good signs and we're in form at the right time of year

I agree with your point, but on the flip side who cares about last years best and fairest in regards to selection this week? I would be more concerned if Allir went down then third placed K Jack

I can't recall but weren't one or two of them dropped from the earlier game? Didn't Scott make a few changes after the St Kilda game?

Stanley and Kersten were dropped and Mitch Clark played his only game for the season. He was terrible and hasn't been sighted since. We have since reverted to the Smith-Stanley combination in the ruck.

Caddy was injured, S. Selwood working his way back from a long-term iniury and Menegola in the VFL but hasn't looked like being dropped since making his debut.

Caddy has been poor since his return, S Selwood and Menagola hardly send shivers through the opposition. Its Danger aND Jelwood who can rip a game away. If they don't perform you lose.

You obviously didn't see our qualifying final then when Guthrie was BOG, Blicavs excellent, Menegola and S. Selwood each had 20+ possessions and Caddy kicked two clutch goals including the winner?

No worries, sounds like you know my team better than I do.

You obviously didn't see our qualifying final then when Guthrie was BOG, Blicavs excellent, Menegola and S. Selwood each had 20+ possessions and Caddy kicked two clutch goals including the winner?

No worries, sounds like you know my team better than I do.

Guthrie was excllent that night
Selwood bog imo but thats just me.

Dangerfield was odd in that game, got plenty of it.

Blicavs is a real x factor we dont have a great match up

I agree with your point, but on the flip side who cares about last years best and fairest in regards to selection this week? I would be more concerned if Allir went down then third placed K Jack
Use whatever measure you want.

Our top 4 defenders: Grundy, Rampe, Smith, McVeigh - 3 available
Our top 3 ruckmen: Tippett, Naismith, Nankervis - all available
Our top 5 midfielders: Kennedy, Hannebery, Jack, Mitchell, Parker - all available
Our top 4 goalscorers: Franklin, Heeney, Papley, McGlynn - all available

Use whatever measure you want.

Our top 4 defenders: Grundy, Rampe, Smith, McVeigh - 3 available
Our top 3 ruckmen: Tippett, Naismith, Nankervis - all available
Our top 5 midfielders: Kennedy, Hannebery, Jack, Mitchell, Parker - all available
Our top 4 goalscorers: Franklin, Heeney, Papley, McGlynn - all available

I dont need a measure

Unless 10 or so players get hurt this week we are looking good, we need a good core of 30 at least to win a flag

Besides Derrickx and Sinclair could both play

Must be a very difficult choice for Hawks fans for this game considering both teams' recent history with your club..
To be honest I'd rather you guys because at the end of the day we would rather see buddy playing in a gf then duckwood and danger Doggies v swans gf I hope

To be honest I'd rather you guys because at the end of the day we would rather see buddy playing in a gf then duckwood and danger Doggies v swans gf I hope

Im just glad hawthorn wont be there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guthrie was excllent that night
Selwood bog imo but thats just me.

Dangerfield was odd in that game, got plenty of it.

Blicavs is a real x factor we dont have a great match up

Guthrie and Selwood our best in the QF. Selwood played a consistent four quarter game but Guthrie got us back in the game after being moved to the midfield after HT.

Blicavs is a funny one, he's had a very poor season compared to his B&F last year to the point where many fans were questioning his spot in the side for the finals. But his QF game was easily his best for the year so hopefully he continues that form this week. He's played a number of roles this season but two of his best games were tagging Bontempelli in wins v the Dogs. I wouldn't be surprised to see him start on Kennedy, with S. Selwood to Hannebery.

I assume Tom Mitchell will tag Danger?

Guthrie and Selwood our best in the QF. Selwood played a consistent four quarter game but Guthrie got us back in the game after being moved to the midfield after HT.

Blicavs is a funny one, he's had a very poor season compared to his B&F last year to the point where many fans were questioning his spot in the side for the finals. But his QF game was easily his best for the year so hopefully he continues that form this week. He's played a number of roles this season but two of his best games were tagging Bontempelli in wins v the Dogs. I wouldn't be surprised to see him start on Kennedy, with S. Selwood to Hannebery.

I assume Tom Mitchell will tag Danger?

Not sure ? Danger a bit quick these days

Mids might just go head to head, will come down to defence, both of our defences have a similar weakness to small forwards when it hits the deck imo

Mids might just go head to head, will come down to defence, both of our defences have a similar weakness to small forwards when it hits the deck imo

I wouldn't mind horse giving titch the tagging role on Danger. I dont mind head to head, but Titch in our midfield should take down Danger or jelwood.

I would have thought Nick Smith is one of the better small defenders around? I saw his H2H record v Betts on TV last night - very impressive.

I'm not sure who Smith will play on. Our most dangerous small/medium forward is Menzel but if Smith is more likely to play on a crumber it will be Linc McCarthy who has similar season averages to your Papley.

I would have thought Nick Smith is one of the better small defenders around? I saw his H2H record v Betts on TV last night - very impressive.

I'm not sure who Smith will play on. Our most dangerous small/medium forward is Menzel but if Smith is more likely to play on a crumber it will be Linc McCarthy who has similar season averages to your Papley.

Reg -> Hawkins

Would think Laidler/Rampe/Aliir is a better match for Menzel as he poses a marking threat. A forward that can play bigger then he is....... To be fair you dont have an Betts/Bruest/etc.... which is more Smiths cup of tea. So you could be right with a matchup against a McCarthy

Reg -> Hawkins

Would think Laidler/Rampe/Aliir is a better match for Menzel as he poses a marking threat. A forward that can play bigger then he is....... To be fair you dont have an Betts/Bruest/etc.... which is more Smiths cup of tea. So you could be right with a matchup against a McCarthy

All sounds about right.

I reckon Rampe on Menzel which will be a great matchup.

Caddy and Bartel both played predominately forward in our QF. Bartel played a defensive role on Gibson so I suppose there's a chance we will try him on Rampe as Rampe's intercept ability is so important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back