2016 Rate My Team

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 226007

Deciding on whether to go with either Pendles, Hanners or Steven as my first super premium (600K+) mid.

I would go none of the above!!!

Parker, Adams, Titchell and Sidebottom IMHO will score just as well as the three you have named and save you some coin.

Apart from that, nice team!!!

With a week to go and the NAB Challenge all done and dusted I'm finally quite settled on my side so I thought I'd go and post my current side. Thoughts and opinions would be really appreciated.

Really happy with how the team is starting look and finally happy with my structures. Still have one or two players I've got some concerns with, I'm also a little worried that I've spent a bit to much on rookies. Would love to hear what other people think. :D:thumbsu:

Great team and I like how you posted up your thought process also :thumbsu:

I really like Shiel for the price. He was on my shortlist but didn't quite make it in.
Nice to see Hall in someone elses midfield. I always feel like I've got to try a squeeze DPP mids into their other positions :confused:

Seeing Titch in quite a few teams and not sure why I haven't considered him. He's a beast - the last quarter of last year he was like 130+. Mind tricks with me remembering him as a cheap player with fwd status and bizarre JS. Surely he's locked in the 1's now?

I like the premo + mid price ruck structure, despite it burning lots of people in the past I've managed to do pretty well. I've got Smith in my team atm. Had Stef + Jacobs originally. Fingers crossed Goldy gets off to a slow start and we can swoop on him when the time is right.

Danger has been in and out of my team. Cannot make up my mind on him and it's driving me nuts.

Hi Guys, any tips / advice would be great.

Bcks: M.Boyd B.Houli R.Laird J.Weitering
J.Wagner M.brown (ess) subs: B.Rice M.Adams

Mids: P.Dangerfield G.Ablett D.Hannebery R.Gray T.Rockliff C.Menadue J.Gresham C.Petracca
Subs: R.Mathieson H.Balic M.Hibberd

Rucks: M.Blicavs K.Tippett sub: M.cox

Fwds: L.Montagna D.Martin D.Zorko J.Anderson W.Hoskin-Elliott S.Kerridge
Subs: M.Jones (Melb) J.Silvagni

Bit uncertain on my rookies and Tippett in the ruck is a bit of a risk

Cheers

Def: Shaw, Yeo, Howe, MacKenzie, Harwood, Dea (McDonald-Tippa, Broad)
Mid: TMitchell, Rockliff, Adams, Duncan, Hunter, MCrouch, Kerridge, Macaffer (Menadue, Davis)
Rucks: Martin, Goldstein (Currie, Cox)
Fwds: Barlow, Robinson, SGray, Hall, Wells, Kennedy (McCarthy, Kommer)

Worried a bit about Rockliff not flying down for the captains thing today but sounds like he's playing Rd 1

Rocky is good value, could go to Mitch Robinson (also great value) if he doesnt get named and possibly change Hunter for Libba is he gets named also

Let me know what you guys think.

DEF: H. Shaw, J. Bartell, G. Birchall, D. Howe, M. Dea, R. Harwood (N. Broad, J.Cowan)

MID: B. Ebert, S. Mitchell, J. Redden, M.Crouch, D. Prestia, J. Crisp, D. Parish, C.Mills (B. Macaffer, R. Davis)

RUCK: M. Blicavs, B. McKevoy (D. Currie, M. Cox)

FWD: M. Barlow, M. Robinson, T. Greene, D. Wells, B. Kennedy, N. Kommer (A.McDonald, C. Petracca)

Thanks for your feedback mate :)

McCarthy is from geelong. young fella, does ok, not much job security but, will depend on selections for him and collins and adams.

I went for varcoe cos he finished last year really strong (not sure what he scored in DT but), has been playign really well in NAB, a POD, will upgrade to Laird mid season hopefully

I have always like ZacSmith at GC, has a lot of potential but has fellow rucks in GEEL now also. Nicholls, now that smith has gone should step up, has great potential. I will eventually upgrade to maxy gawn or likes

Not a problem... I suspected there was another McCarthy lurking around, but I haven't seen too many rookies with any real guaranteed selection as yet. I suspect that Collins and Adams may rotate a little during the year, depending on form, fitness etc.

I've tried the rookie rucks before, so I'm just using a set and forget approach. Goldie and Gawn....

image.jpg

Pretty set on this. Fyfe may change to a parker/sidey but apart from that and a few roolie changes this is what I will likely have locked in on Thursday. Any thoughts are appreciated :thumbsu:

With a week to go and the NAB Challenge all done and dusted I'm finally quite settled on my side so I thought I'd go and post my current side. Thoughts and opinions would be really appreciated.

View attachment 225808

- Still debating to go with Houli or Laird. I have Houli sitting there at the moment because he's a safe bet, he's very consistent and reliable. Has only missed two games over the last five years. His lowest average for a season over those last five years being 83ppg. I'll acknowledge that I think Laird has the higher ceiling but with quite a risky backline and with the fact that I really haven't spend that much down there the safer and more consistent option is probably required.

- Johannisen is probably the ultimate hype pick but If you're searching for a premium prospect and only have 425k to spend then you've got to select an unproven player. After his NAB Cup his confidence will be sky high the Doggies play their first seven games at Etihad Stadium and play the Saints, Blues, Lions, Crows, Dees and Giants over their first nine games. A seriously good draw to start the season gives him the potential to both score really well and make some coin.

- I'm still quite worried about Lonergan not being fit come round one, his price makes him quite vital to my structures so if he doesn't get up in time for the first game of the season I'll probably replace him with Sheridan. Which would leave me with exactly zero in the kitty, not much room to move If I don't change anything else.

View attachment 225818

- Really happy with my midfield. Tom Mitchell can be the next Dane Swan, absolutely racks up the stats, is quickly becoming a Fantasy pig. I know Danger hasn't ever been renowned for his Fantasy ability but he's now entering the peak of his career has gone back home and is ready to grab the AFL by it's balls he's actually my bet for the Brownlow. I can't see why won't average 110ppg this season. Rocky needs no intro, yes he may be a bit underdone but how can you not start with Rocky, especially at that price. It could take him a couple of weeks to really get going but he's not going to lose you any cash and get significantly low scores.

- Dylan Shiel is my POD, now entering his 5th season and I think he's primed to take his football to that elite level. As the Giants rise I believe so should his football. Had a bad run with injuries last year but after a good preseason, he averaged 90 points from his two NAB Challenge games with 77% TOG is pretty solid stuff.

- Hall & Graham are actually quite similar cases both are set to have key roles for their respected sides and should get plenty of time on the ball. Hall had an unbelievable run home last season, averaging 109ppg over the last six games of the season. Graham played his first game of last season as a sub but then averaged 82ppg over his next five games before getting injured and missing the rest of the season. Both have backed up their form of last season with absolutely super NAB Challenges. Gives you some faith that can consistently play to the standards of their form they played at last season and that their NAB Challenges has indicated.

- Very very happy to have both Mills and Oliver I know for rookies they're quite expensive but both have fantastic job security and I don't see why they both can't average 75-80ppg and make me at least 200k each along the way.

View attachment 225841

- Stefan Martin is the most expensive player in the game for a reason, nothing else needed to say.

- Traditionally I don't mind getting a midpricer as second ruckman. Smith isn't going to go and crack me 100pts every week but the extra cash he's freed up is very important for the rest of my team and structures. I think it'd be realistic to hope for an average score of 75-85ppg. He'll make me some extra money and then upgrade into a premo within the near future.

View attachment 225847

- Quite happy with my forwards, we all know what to expect from Dusty, he'll be in most sides this season, he's been there since day 1. Barlow is looking the fittest I've seen him in years, had a super NAB Challenge. I know he had a very poor start to last season and he couldn't consistently reach the standard we've all come to expect but it's a new season and I'm hoping to see him back to his best. Greene is another one who just racks the ball up, also had a super pre-season and looks raring to go. Three very stock standard premium forwards, just couldn't not select them.

- With the real lack of rookie forwards who have a good job security this year I'm quite glad I've been able to have the cash to pick up Ben Kennedy and Mitch Brown, I'd expect both to play important roles for their clubs and score much better than any other sub 195k forward rookie.

* Have 13k left in the kitty.

Really happy with how the team is starting look and finally happy with my structures. Still have one or two players I've got some concerns with, I'm also a little worried that I've spent a bit to much on rookies. Would love to hear what other people think. :D:thumbsu:

Quality post. Ill try and produce something half as good when the season starts.

I love the defence. I mean really!!! Perfect balance. I have Houli & Laird so I cant help you there. I think that Hartley is the only player I would not select. He will be a supercoach scorer. I dont see him getting over a 50ish average.

Quality Mids. I would never choose Titch at his price but I can see why people do. He has a bigger upside then most but at his price point, you need the player guaranteed the role. Could pay off really well though.

Rucks. I am going 2 premo's but Martin is a no brainer and Smith played quality in the NAB.

Forwards, please dont start Brown. You have a good forward line but Brown I dont think will be a good scorer. Personally I would move A. Mcdon (long fn name) to f6, drop M.Brown and have Dea at D6. you would then have 20/30 extra K and in my opinion a better scorer.

Overall a really good team. You have a good mix of PODs and the recognised stars. My post is nit picking the parts that I notice, but I reckon that team can go up the rankings!!!

First time doing this, what do you guys reckon?

DEF: Houli, Laird, B. Smith, D. Howe, E. MacKenzie, Harwood, (Brand, Ruggles)

MID: Pendlebury, Dangerfield, Ablett, Rockliff, S. Mitchell, Graham, Mills, Crowley, (Gore, Blakely)

RUCK: Martin, Goldstein, (Cox, Currie)

FWD: Hall, Sheed, Bird, Kerridge, Wells, Simpkin, (Kommer, T. O'Brien)

View attachment 226143

Pretty set on this. Fyfe may change to a parker/sidey but apart from that and a few roolie changes this is what I will likely have locked in on Thursday. Any thoughts are appreciated :thumbsu:

Very good looking team here. Just need to sit tight and hope the rookies play in round 1.

First time doing this, what do you guys reckon?

DEF: Houli, Laird, B. Smith, D. Howe, E. MacKenzie, Harwood, (Brand, Ruggles)

MID: Pendlebury, Dangerfield, Ablett, Rockliff, S. Mitchell, Graham, Mills, Crowley, (Gore, Blakely)

RUCK: Martin, Goldstein, (Cox, Currie)

FWD: Hall, Sheed, Bird, Kerridge, Wells, Simpkin, (Kommer, T. O'Brien)
Get rid of Eric McKenzie mate. Won't make enough money and won't score that well.
**** EDIT **** Just saw this was AFL Fantasy thread. Eric is only 200k. I'm now going to put him in my own team. LOL THANKS!! :D:D:thumbsu::drunk:
Sheed has had an injury interrupted preseason, get someone else.

You are obviously keen on Howe, so am I but don't have the balls. What can you say about his JS?

Last edited:
My 1043043th change. I'm liking everything except Defense. Feels a much lighter than everything else.

I did initially have Houli instead of Sheridan and Kennedy instead of De Goey. Have to downgrade to afford Do Geoy. Opinions would be great, thanks.

144.jpg

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thoughts? I know it probably needs a lot of work.

D: Shaw - Aish - Yeo - McGuiness - Kolodjashnij - Hibberd EMG: Rice - Brown
M: Dangerfield - Armitage - Titchell - Rockliff - Ablett - Gresham - B. Kennedy - Anderson EMG: Freeman - Keays
R: Goldstein - Vardy EMG: Cox - West
F: Bennell - Robinson - Greene - Bird - Petracca - Cavka EMG: C. Smith - S. Yarran

Get rid of Eric McKenzie mate. Won't make enough money and won't score that well.
**** EDIT **** Just saw this was AFL Fantasy thread. Eric is only 200k. I'm now going to put him in my own team. LOL THANKS!! :D:D:thumbsu::drunk:
Sheed has had an injury interrupted preseason, get someone else.

You are obviously keen on Howe, so am I but don't have the balls. What can you say about his JS?

From our 2015 team we've lost Lake, Hale, and Suckling, plus Roughead and Shiels missing the first couple of rounds. Howe was the best performed of the 6-7 likely replacements during the NAB cup, and seems a like-for-like replacement for Suckling. I wouldn't be surprised if he plays his way into our best 22 this season.

The build I've gone for is fairly straightforward. 3 defenders, 4 midfielders and 3 forwards I expect to end the year with. 4 mid-priced players (2 forwards, 1 defender, 1 ruckman). I tend to always go thin in midfield, I'm disappointed by the lower priced players there this year so I have 4 'premiums' in the model.

I have a very low level of commitment to Neale and Adams and would happily turf them for better suggestions!

When considering 'rookies' my priority is scoring > job security > price so would love to hear suggestions of how to improve the ones I currently have.

$370k spare which I considered using on upgrading Wells, Leuenberger or a midfielder

ce8293b.png

The build I've gone for is fairly straightforward. 3 defenders, 4 midfielders and 3 forwards I expect to end the year with. 4 mid-priced players (2 forwards, 1 defender, 1 ruckman). I tend to always go thin in midfield, I'm disappointed by the lower priced players there this year so I have 4 'premiums' in the model.

I have a very low level of commitment to Neale and Adams and would happily turf them for better suggestions!

When considering 'rookies' my priority is scoring > job security > price so would love to hear suggestions of how to improve the ones I currently have.

$370k spare which I considered using on upgrading Wells, Leuenberger or a midfielder

ce8293b.png
Gaz for Neale and upgrade Berger...just not sure who to

What do you guys think on this so far? I had Menadue on the bench with Davis but I was short on cash so had to put him in the midfield and pick up Hewett. The same thing happened with Broad who was on the bench but I had to play him and get Adams.

I'm not 100% happy with either of those guys being put on the field, I think I should downgrade some guys so Broad and Menadue go back on the bench and I get some good cheap options in at D6 and M8. I'm thinking either Gawn or Goldy should be downgraded, not sure on who I'd pick up yet .. thoughts?

23a5e23.png

Thoughts? I know it probably needs a lot of work.

D: Shaw - Aish - Yeo - McGuiness - Kolodjashnij - Hibberd EMG: Rice - Brown
M: Dangerfield - Armitage - Titchell - Rockliff - Ablett - Gresham - B. Kennedy - Anderson EMG: Freeman - Keays
R: Goldstein - Vardy EMG: Cox - West
F: Bennell - Robinson - Greene - Bird - Petracca - Cavka EMG: C. Smith - S. Yarran
Just needs a little.
Backs: Aish not in best 22 imo neither is McGuiness and Hibberd, Rice he gas glandular fever i think.

Mids: Can't really fault except Freeman will miss 4 weeks.

Rucks: would be good to see either Gawn, Jacobs or Martin along with Goldy

Forwards: Petracca won't play rnd 1, Cavka he has retired.

Try and get say Houli and Laird in your defence, C.Mills in your Mids to start with good luck.

Just needs a little.
Backs: Aish not in best 22 imo neither is McGuiness and Hibberd, Rice he gas glandular fever i think.

Mids: Can't really fault except Freeman will miss 4 weeks.

Rucks: would be good to see either Gawn, Jacobs or Martin along with Goldy

Forwards: Petracca won't play rnd 1, Cavka he has retired.

Try and get say Houli and Laird in your defence, C.Mills in your Mids to start with good luck.

Going to have to shuffle a fair few around!

View attachment 226007

Deciding on whether to go with either Pendles, Hanners or Steven as my first super premium (600K+) mid.
Love the team i had Pendles but was unsure what his role is gonna be so decided to go with Stevens.
Also i think Ben Kennedy has more upside than Simpkin other than that. :thumbsu:

Edit: Scott Pendlebury believes he will spend 20 per cent of his time playing off half back this season.

Last edited:
D: Shaw - Lonergan - Kolodashnij - Laird - Houli - Dea EMG: Weitering - Broad
M: Pendles - Rockliff - Fyfe - Steven - Menadue - Simpkin - Mills EMG: Hewett - Davis
R: Goldstein - Gawn EMG: Cox - West
F: Kerridge - Kommer - Martin - Greene - L. McCarthy - Ah Chee EMG: C. Smith - Adams

184k in the bank so might try and upgrade a forward?

M: Pendles - Rockliff - Fyfe - Steven - Menadue - Simpkin - Mills EMG: Hewett - Davis
F: Kerridge - Kommer - Martin - Greene - L. McCarthy - Ah Chee EMG: C. Smith - Adams

I'd downgrade one of KK/Laird/Houli to ruggles/hartley/AMT and upgrade Ah chee to a premo forward.
Also put Weitering on your field and don't start with Clem Smith

What do you guys think on this so far? I had Menadue on the bench with Davis but I was short on cash so had to put him in the midfield and pick up Hewett. The same thing happened with Broad who was on the bench but I had to play him and get Adams.

I'm not 100% happy with either of those guys being put on the field, I think I should downgrade some guys so Broad and Menadue go back on the bench and I get some good cheap options in at D6 and M8. I'm thinking either Gawn or Goldy should be downgraded, not sure on who I'd pick up yet .. thoughts?

23a5e23.png
As much as I'd like to believe otherwise, Stef Martin is a better Fantasy ruckman than Goldstein, for only 1k more. Having said that, I'm starting with both!
EDIT: Also, please do not have Tom Lonergan in your team. Maybe you're getting him confused with Jesse Lonergan? Also, consider similarly priced players to Liberatore, such as the Crouches, Hunter, Gibbs etc.

Barlow is the forward you're looking for in that case. That's a very strong backline, but your rookie picks are a little shaky, especially in the forward line. Having Weitering as D7 is probably a little wasteful, given his price. I'd probably look to downgrade one of your defender premos in order to shore up your forward line, and try to get Kommer and McCarthy onto the bench, where they belong.

Remove this Banner Ad

2016 Rate My Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back