2016 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also guys like Lewis Taylor who were subs in the early rounds that made good cash.

Add Touk Miller to the list. Scored only 30 & 35 (sub affected IIRC) from the first 2 rounds last year. A few of the guys from here even corrective rookie traded him out for Rd3 since it seemed like he was going to make very little money from his 1st price rise and was going to be sub affected all year. (scored 86 in his 3rd game and started making $$$)

He never wore the sub vest again after Rd2 and went on to average 77 from the next 20 games.

Starting price 117k > Mooed at just under 400k

Ended up being the best M11 I've ever had. The End.

Add Touk Miller to the list. Scored only 30 & 35 (sub affected IIRC) from the first 2 rounds last year. A few of the guys from here even corrective rookie traded him out for Rd3 since it seemed like he was going to make very little money from his 1st price rise and was going to be sub affected all year. (scored 86 in his 3rd game and started making $$$)

He never wore the sub vest again after Rd2 and went on to average 77 from the next 20 games.

That was me last year.

Choice between Touk & Jackson Nelson (who IIRC, scored 30 & 50) at end of rd2.

Choose to keep Nelson & traded Touk.

****!

On foxfooty tonight they said Petracca will now NOT be playing a practice match next week (same week as afl R1). It was originally reported that he would be having a run.

That pushes his likely debut out to R3-5, so I don't think I'll be starting with him.

I jumped on Sam Gray (2014) after his first game of 104. Next 2 were 38 & 45. He got dropped and didn't play till rd12. Sat on my bench all year.

I jumped on Sam Gray (2014) after his first game of 104. Next 2 were 38 & 45. He got dropped and didn't play till rd12. Sat on my bench all year.

Was that Gray? Or Lloyd (Rich)?

After doing something like that, how do you even bring yourself to play Supercoach ever again ??

Group therapy sessions have helped thus far.

After doing something like that, how do you even bring yourself to play Supercoach ever again ??
Thats just the game though isnt it? I smashed out all the research and knew Touk was the best pick for what he could do, but performances and history means everything. You see him get made sub the first two weeks and get doubly outscored by NVB and you think you need to make the correction, especially after Round 2. But I learnt a valuable lesson. I wont be picking any $200k+ rookie unless they are something special - Cripps last year, Tyson the year before? Mills this year.. I have Weitering in atm but if another rookie pops his head up Im all over it..

Thats just the game though isnt it? I smashed out all the research and knew Touk was the best pick for what he could do, but performances and history means everything. You see him get made sub the first two weeks and get doubly outscored by NVB and you think you need to make the correction, especially after Round 2. But I learnt a valuable lesson. I wont be picking any $200k+ rookie unless they are something special - Cripps last year, Tyson the year before? Mills this year.. I have Weitering in atm but if another rookie pops his head up Im all over it..
I'm with you there, and trading Touk probably seemed like the right option at the time, but VB ?? I know where he was priced last year, but it was VB !!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To me, the real tricks come with selecting the right rookies on the ground each week.

Couple of years ago I swear Langdon would smash out 100 after a 30 the week before.

You could technically have the best team, but playing the wrong rookie can be so costly.

I remember the rage from people in my league last year who had Cripps on their bench when he smashed 170.

Shut up, just shutup!! Traded him for Van Spuddo.:(

To me, the real tricks come with selecting the right rookies on the ground each week.

Couple of years ago I swear Langdon would smash out 100 after a 30 the week before.

You could technically have the best team, but playing the wrong rookie can be so costly.

I remember the rage from people in my league last year who had Cripps on their bench when he smashed 170.
A lot of people got off to a good start last year using loopholeson each line to maximise try and avoid such instances

They did seem to drop of as the year wore on however as they weren't making enough money

A lot of people got off to a good start last year using loopholeson each line to maximise try and avoid such instances

They did seem to drop of as the year wore on however as they weren't making enough money

Yeah I had someone in my league trade in a non-playing defender just to get Macintosh's score from Rd. 1 haha

I'd also add Rhys Palmer to the rookie missing round 1 to become a brilliant cash cow all the way back in 2008. I had him as I was sure he would play soon and one only had 20 trades back then.

He played round 2 and went on to play 20 games at an average of 87. Ironically that is his best ever season both in terms of games played and SC average.

On foxfooty tonight they said Petracca will now NOT be playing a practice match next week (same week as afl R1). It was originally reported that he would be having a run.

That pushes his likely debut out to R3-5, so I don't think I'll be starting with him.
If it's a Round 3 debut he ain't on the bubble til Round 5 at the earliest. You'd be mad to start him. Coming along at the perfect downgrade time now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back