List Mgmt. 2016 Trade, Draft and free agency news (no hypothetical trades)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is definitely something going on with the Brand issue. For him to be the best key defender we've naturally developed since Croad/Hay and to have him uncontracted suggests to me he wants to move back to SA for family reasons or the like. He's unlikely therefore to be used to get Mitchell unless it's a Brand to Port, Hartlett to Sydney and Mitchell to Hawthorn along with a range of picks.

I meet a Kaiden a few months back and had a lengthy chat with him he is a ripper fella.

He was very happy in Melbourne and is actively looking at careers (with assistance from the club) in Victoria for post football opportunities.

Probably doesn't mean too much but FWIW he seemed very happy at Hawthorn and was excited that he had served his 'apprenticeship' and was knocking the door down for a permanent place in the team.

Hope he stays a Hawk.

There is definitely something going on with the Brand issue. For him to be the best key defender we've naturally developed since Croad/Hay and to have him uncontracted suggests to me he wants to move back to SA for family reasons or the like. He's unlikely therefore to be used to get Mitchell unless it's a Brand to Port, Hartlett to Sydney and Mitchell to Hawthorn along with a range of picks.
Maybe the club is waiting to see who they bring in before offering an improved deal to Brand with what is left.

Any reason for no contract in front of him? He is a servicible at best, and his body is restricting him even more so than ever. You speak of BB like he is a brilliant mark, far superior than anyone else on our side yet when presented with facts you have nothing. Laughable.

Ok, I'm obviously arguing with a 12 year old.

This is what I said:
You're comparing him to what you think a ruckman should be. McEvoy was targeted to play the exact role he plays. We don't rely on a large number of hit outs and his role is be a big body and provide overhead support or at the least, and get his 10-15 goals a year. He's not a superstar but he does exactly what the coaches ask of him.

Well the talk his he is considering retirement. Doesn't mean that the hawks don't think he is critical.

Ok, I'm obviously arguing with a 12 year old.

This is what I said:
You're comparing him to what you think a ruckman should be. McEvoy was targeted to play the exact role he plays. We don't rely on a large number of hit outs and his role is be a big body and provide overhead support or at the least, and get his 10-15 goals a year. He's not a superstar but he does exactly what the coaches ask of him.

Well the talk his he is considering retirement. Doesn't mean that the hawks don't think he is critical.

Do I need to quote the post you stated he is the only capable player to take an overhead mark in our side? You made outlandish posts and now you look the fool. We could have thrown Paul Johnson or Wade Skipper as a ruckman the last 3 years and we still would have won.

BB is bog average, he is a battler. This famed marking you talk about doesn't actually exist.

Do I need to quote the post you stated he is the only capable player to take an overhead mark in our side? You made outlandish posts and now you look the fool. We could have thrown Paul Johnson or Wade Skipper as a ruckman the last 3 years and we still would have won.

BB is bog average, he is a battler. This famed marking you talk about doesn't actually exist.

No need - I will:
and is one of maybe 3 players on our list who regularly marks over his head.

You're the one with the outlandish statements. It's very easy just to say whatever comes into your head, the facts are he is better than anyone else on our list for his particular role.

No need - I will:
and is one of maybe 3 players on our list who regularly marks over his head.

You're the one with the outlandish statements. It's very easy just to say whatever comes into your head, the facts are he is better than anyone else on our list for his particular role.

Disagree, I don't think his output is any good.

Maybe the club is waiting to see who they bring in before offering an improved deal to Brand with what is left.

Makes no sense. We have no KPP depth down back. he's the last person we should be shopping around.

We'd be better shopping around Sicily who must have some currency, than Brand, where we have no depth.

something-smells-fishy-and-it-certainly-isnt-fish.jpg

Makes no sense. We have no KPP depth down back. he's the last person we should be shopping around.

We'd be better shopping around Sicily who must have some currency, than Brand, where we have no depth.

I'm not for one minute suggesting he should be shopped...quite the opposite. He can be a cornerstone of our defence for the foreseeable future. My guess is it's all a matter of dollars and cents.

Have to agree I'm afraid

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not for one minute suggesting he should be shopped...quite the opposite. He can be a cornerstone of our defence for the foreseeable future. My guess is it's all a matter of dollars and cents.
My guess is that we're retaining some flexibility to see how trade week goes for talls (we've obviously got the mids sorted as we've just extended a few contracts there,) how Spang comes up from his most recent injury and if Fitzy is just a flash in the pan or the real deal.

Seems like Jaeger to bombers is looking more and more likely if you go off the main board.
The main board? Are you high or dense, it's the main board, more trolls than the bay more stupidity than the hird apologists

No necessarily shopping him around, but if we bring in Vickery and TMitchell, then the cupboard would be a little bare in terms of salary for an upgrade for Brand. Therefore we might be holding off on the contract extension till possibly next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back