List Mgmt. 2016 Trade, Draft and free agency news (no hypothetical trades)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh I don't care who goes, as long as we improve the areas of major concern, and the biggest concern is the midfield. If that means we sacrifice a poppy or Punky or Sicily or whoever then so be it, we move on and we get better.

Vickery will at least provide a big target for us which is going to help Gunno and Sicily no end, also gives the Ruff man some free reign when he comes back.

If we can juggle and move some pieces (players,picks) to help improve our KPD stocks that would be ideal as well.

Brand - re-sign
Vickery - RFA signing
JOM - trade
TOM - trade
Barret (if this is legit) - trade

Those as a collective will rapidly improve our chances next year regardless if we lose any 1 of Sic/Pop/Punky.

Puopulo wont be part of the JOM trade. Why would GC want a 29 year old small forward. He holds more value to us.

I have said all along. If any forward is involved in this trade, it will be Sciliy. He is good, young and holds value.

A general rule is if you think its a good trade, and you would happily do it. Its too good to be true.

Puopulo wont be part of the JOM trade. Why would GC want a 29 year old small forward. He holds more value to us.

I have said all along. If any forward is involved in this trade, it will be Sciliy. He is good, young and holds value.

A general rule is if you think its a good trade, and you would happily do it. Its too good to be true.

Jedi trade last year?

Eade would love to get Puopolo to the club, to show the kids what work ethic looks like. That why he's there, they needed a hard ass to fix the mess McKenna facilitated.

Brisbane get a priority pick (19*)
bloody disgrace what a corrupt piece of crap that commission has turned into

where is hawks handout?
"It was ruled that the Lions met the requirements for a priority pick when considering the club’s current age and list profile, as well as recent movement both in and out of the club."
Id say we meet that comfortably, lost 6 assistant coaches buddy suckling etc etc

Am I the only one who can't see why GC would want Poppy? Surely they'd baulk purely on his age alone?

Very, very good player and I'd hate to lose him but I just can't see them fawning over a 29yo
If this true it could be a win-win situation for both clubs. Suns are after 5 or 6 quality seasoned players so that they be competitive next year. With 6 picks under 30 plus Prestia/ JOM compensation they will heaps of chances to draft quality for 2018 and onwards.

Suns have the quality talls with Lynch, 2 metre Peter and day. Poppy provides the defensive pressure and reliable goal kicking that will help them. Also provide experience and guidance to their other forwards.

Love Poppy too but we have promising small forwards who can play a similar role; plus, if we get more midfield grunt, we can play Cyril forward more.

where is hawks handout?
"It was ruled that the Lions met the requirements for a priority pick when considering the club’s current age and list profile, as well as recent movement both in and out of the club."
Id say we meet that comfortably, lost 6 assistant coaches buddy suckling etc etc

You can't be serious?

where is hawks handout?
ummm.....#threepeat

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He had a very nice send off. Always gave his best - even when enfuriating everyone. Went through injuries and ended up playing his part in 2 flags.

Was sad he missed out at the Dogs this year. Had a chance to join Burgoyne as a current multi club flag winner.

Swans have timed their B and F nicely. Trades start tomorrow.

Not quite. Trades start Monday, Free Agency starts tomorrow

where is hawks handout?
I agree. i don't think they need the pick as they played themselves and got into this situation by themselves.

also on the trade news front does anyone know if ty will officially accept our offer tomorrow and wether the tiges will match?

where is hawks handout?
Really??

I agree. i don't think they need the pick as they played themselves and got into this situation by themselves.

also on the trade news front does anyone know if ty will officially accept our offer tomorrow and wether the tiges will match?

Wording I heard today is the paperwork should be ready to put in tomorrow once a few kinks are ironed out. Think Tigers likely not to match but it depends on the amount of the contract. Originally reported they would get potentially a second round pick or end of second round. They would be happy with a pick after their second round and would likely not take a risk on the end of second round but if its a third rounder it would make it interesting to see what they do. As it stands they would get one of pick 26, 38 or 44. If they match they are asking hawks to beat 38 to get a trade done and you wouldnt think that would happen as we would be giving up 14 already and our only other pick is 33

(all these numbers are after Brisbanes gift today)

Argueable. They didn't have a lot of choice about Yeo, Aish, Docherty, Polec, etc all wanting to leave.
Yeah they got smashed over the past few years could argue that the only two players of note to keep during that period are the two that are now being spoken about to leave. Having said that they still managed to bring in Beams and Christensen who were going pretty well at the time, not to mention guns like Bell and Robinson from Carlton :drunk:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back