Draft Watcher 2016 Young Talent Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was wondering if anyone knows if the AFL academy are having practice matches like they did last year against Collingwood's VFL team and the Northern Blues? If so when and who they might be against?
Yeah I'm pretty sure they play this Friday, against werribee at the G before pies tigers, and the against Geelong at Simmonds on I think the 9th.

Sent from my SM-T330 using Tapatalk

Josh Battle (VIC – KPF)

Height: 194cm

Weight: 89kg

Range: First Round

Comparison: Josh J Kennedy/ Witts

Profile: Aggressive in the air with hands to match, Battle is a mobile athletic key forward. Desperate at ground level, he stays in the contest even in the event that he spills a mark. Will be a big improver as the year goes on a spike towards the pointy end of the draft.

Josh Battle (VIC – KPF)

Comparison: Josh J Kennedy

Profile: Aggressive in the air with hands to match, Battle is a mobile athletic key forward. Desperate at ground level, he stays in the contest even in the event that he spills a mark. Will be a big improver as the year goes on a spike towards the pointy end of the draft.

Josh Battle (VIC – KPF)

Comparison: Josh J Kennedy/ Witts

Nice, answer my question with my own thoughts on the player. Just what I was after.

Comprehensive as always Chris25. Thanks for the read

From last years draft so I understand if your not very forthcoming on it but how do you think Matthew Allen will track in the AFL and do you think long term he will be a forward or a larger bodied midfielder. Personally I'm excited by him and already was excited pre the 2015 draft as a later pick at West Coast.

I reckon Andrew McGrath will fly up the draft charts this year. Would be very surprised if he goes outside the first round.

It would certainly be possible. The fact that he will be one of Vic Metro's best players could either help or hurt him. He should stand out at the Championships, but also might not have the help that he'll need. Even last week in the TAC Cup, he 'only' had 18 touches - but 17 were effective. He rarely wastes a disposal.

Hey there Chris25,

thoughts on Josh Battle as a player?

Probably the early front runner as the top key forward. Reminds me a little of Jeremy McGovern, big strong guy but reasonably mobile and a very good mark. Early signs are good, we'll see how he goes on this year. Kicking wasn't too flash on the weekend, but I think that's the anomaly rather than the norm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Awesome work Chris!

What picks do you see mutch, setterfield, sproule, macreadie and byrne being bid on?

My personal view is

Macreadie picks 5-10
Sproule picks 10-20
Setterfield picks 15-30
Mutch picks 25-40
Byrne picks 30-50
Pretty accurate

Byrne maybe a touch later .

Max lynch is a bushrangers ruck/ forward who you may nominate but certainly will be looked at by other clubs

Perryman will be a good shot to make the allies team also off half back

Highmore may also be a shot if he reproduces his neafl form last year where he was top 3 B and F as a 17 yr old

Not yet hes not. Lacks ability to work in congestion like those guys . His biggest assets are his contested marking and long kick- is a forward/back for me.... maybe tall wingman at a pinch ...
his contested possession rate was pretty handy in last years champs - he's no Toumpas or James Aish

Pretty accurate

Byrne maybe a touch later .

Max lynch is a bushrangers ruck/ forward who you may nominate but certainly will be looked at by other clubs

Perryman will be a good shot to make the allies team also off half back

Highmore may also be a shot if he reproduces his neafl form last year where he was top 3 B and F as a 17 yr old
Todd Marshall from the Bushrangers is another I think can have a real crack at the draft. Look a bit like Harry McKay last year.

He looks the goods for next year's draft.

Toby Wooller is another who has impressed early. All but lock an AIS spot next year.

Young Ben Caluzzi is another one for next year's draft. Known the kid since he was about 6. Him and Rayner freaked it in the Under 18.5s EDFL Grand Final last year. Then again a lot of the Under 16s that were bumped up for it outshone all the 17-18 year olds.

Young Ben Caluzzi is another one for next year's draft. Known the kid since he was about 6. Him and Rayner freaked it in the Under 18.5s EDFL Grand Final last year. Then again a lot of the Under 16s that were bumped up for it outshone all the 17-18 year olds.
Big Caluzzi. Massive boy. Needs opportunity at the cannons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back