Resource 2017 AFL and AFLW Crowds and Ratings

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We have years for that. Increased professionalism, more resources, will mean ongoing improvement.

Apart from the fact that they are all still semi-professional and this is the first season of the new comp, other factors would have contributed to poor skills:

- the players being met by a massive crowd and a wall of noise
- the intensity being far greater than most are used to (especially noticeable with some of the girls who were relatively new to the game).

One thing is for sure, the women's game will not be for the fainthearted.

It has to be said, Mo Hope looked well, well off the pace of the game, and a few other girls who have previously done well in the exhibition games did not look up to standard tonight, but you have to give credit to Carlton - they are clearly going to be a top 3 team (the other top two play tonight).

Bit harsh on mo hope. She kicked over 100 goals last year in the same comp vescio kicked 40odd

She was double teamed all night with extra players in front of her and Collingwood rarely got the ball to her efficiently all night

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caught a bit of the Bulldogs Dockers game and i thought the standard was better than the Carlton collingwood game.

Crowds have been unbelievable really.

Is it a matter of no footy ATM, womens footy starting, bit bored with what else is on, games are free.

TBH i reckon they are much rougher, with plenty of high contact and late hits than football i have seen for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back