• Noah Balta

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Aiden Bonar

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Ha!
Here are the ones that I seen play, just off the top of my head, let alone the 100 years of first class cricket before that:
Jamie Siddons
Jamie Cox
Michael Di Venuto
Jimmy Maher
Michael Klinger
David Hussey
Mark Cosgrove
Dan Marsh
Dean Hills
Damien Wright
James Hopes
Dirk Tazelaar
Ashley Noffke
Mathew Inness
Luke Butterworth
Micheal Hogan
More than half of these have played for Australia.......

And most are not better than Brayshaw. Brayshaw would have played has ODIs been around in about 1970. 31 with the bat and 25 with the ball. Pretty handy stats.

Ha!
Here are the ones that I seen play, just off the top of my head, let alone the 100 years of first class cricket before that:
Jamie Siddons
Jamie Cox
Michael Di Venuto
Jimmy Maher
Michael Klinger
David Hussey
Mark Cosgrove
Dan Marsh
Dean Hills
Damien Wright
James Hopes
Dirk Tazelaar
Ashley Noffke
Mathew Inness
Luke Butterworth
Micheal Hogan

Oh dear...when things are taken out of context or the context gets shifted. Brayshaw some 40 plus years ago. Probably true at the time eg end of his career and was often stated by our parochial loyal west. But since then there have been quite a few. 100's might be stretching it though Holy One.

Burton is not similar to Fogarty.
Fogarty played with a injury to his meniscus in later in his draft year, Burton did not play at all. Also Burton was not a man child, just a regular size medium forward for an 18 year old.
The only thing they have in common, other than being South Australian, is playing predominantly forward.

Hmmm, don't know if you really read what i wrote townie

More than half of these have played for Australia.......

And most are not better than Brayshaw. Brayshaw would have played has ODIs been around in about 1970. 31 with the bat and 25 with the ball. Pretty handy stats.

31 with the bat & 25 with the ball is epic...I wish the current Australian test team had a all-rounder with those kind of stats.

Any how pick 2 LDU/Dow - pick 5 Fogarty/Brayshaw

I think North trying to spook us into taking Brayshaw at 2 so they get one of Dow, Rayner or LDU. We won’t flinch, did you see us in the negotiation for Weller, and we’ll take who we rate at 2. Then I think we’ll take the left overs of Stephenson and Brayshaw. Unless we take Dow, then we’ll take Fogarty / Naughton.

It got us real close in 2013 but can't help but feel it works better if you do have areal threats as well. Hopefully Tabs can do his bit.

Not that Freo usually makes noise but there is certainly nothing positive out there about Fogarty from us. In fact I think the only clubs he has been linked to in the top 10 are Carlton and Collingwood.
The difference next time is we have rebuilt without the role players, strived for more class, skills, and have a youth
policy, age demographic.
We basically had the one chance of success against the greatest team of the century.
Bulldogs, Tigers, probably pinched one and the AFL do love a good romance story.

I have gone from wanting one player to the next for the last month and at different times have had all of Rayner, LDU, Dow,Cerra,Stephenson,Brayshaw and Fogarty as my #1 preference.

Ive now come to the conclusion that I will be absolutely stoked with any 2 of this group and im so glad there isnt a prospect in there that im really against as I just know somehow thats who we'd get.(unless we pull a left field choice which will really set me off)

You have to sit back as a freo supporter and be confident in the people who are steering the ship at the moment with last years trade/draft period and again this years trade period being so succesfull it gives me alot of confidence Loydy will nail this draft again.

The only single thing the club isnt excelling at in the last two years is our on field performance, which in a way is a blessing in disguise as most premiership teams are build around some high draft picks which arent esy to come by. But at this point im very confident we will start to see some serious improvement over the next two years. Maybe 2018 we will push up the ladder and in 2019 I fully expect us to be back in the race for finals.

Its good that our club is out there grinding away to get better and not just sitting on its hands like Lolnorf did this year. If you dont go out and make it happen you can easy end up like carlton and brissy who have been basket cases for basically a decade now. Kudos to the club. Im bloody proud to be a dockers supporter. Its looking like being an enjoyable 5/6 years coming up for us as we slowly build this young exiting group towards another flag challenge while the scum down the road looks like going into freefall and spending a while down there

Roll on nov 24th, I cant wait to grab a 6 pack and sit back and watch what we do with these awsome picks. with me best mate who is a saints supporter and is equally exited about their picks.

Its All Good!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have gone from wanting one player to the next for the last month and at different times have had all of Rayner, LDU, Dow,Cerra,Stephenson,Brayshaw and Fogarty as my #1 preference.

Ive now come to the conclusion that I will be absolutely stoked with any 2 of this group and im so glad there isnt a prospect in there that im really against as I just know somehow thats who we'd get.(unless we pull a left field choice which will really set me off)
Here comes Coffield and Hayes.

Oh dear...when things are taken out of context or the context gets shifted. Brayshaw some 40 plus years ago. Probably true at the time eg end of his career and was often stated by our parochial loyal west. But since then there have been quite a few. 100's might be stretching it though Holy One.
I agree a 100 is a stretch. A big one. What can I say; I was in a bad mood yesterday.

Anyway pick 2 I think will be not what we expect if what Lloyd said about rating to top players evenly is not just ducks and drakes. They'll take who they think will be the best player in seven years at 2 and the best of who is left at 5.

Surely we don't take Hayes with either pick... could have downgraded 5 if we were that keen on him, I just don't see the point in using one of our top 5 picks on a guy that will definitely still be there past pick 10. Also don't understand the reasoning unless they see Hayes as more of a Key forward than a ruck but imo he doesn't have enough agility and X factor to be a number 1 key forward. Feel we could make a big mistake with taking him that early with plenty of other quality players still on the board at 5 (Fog, Stephenson, Cerra etc). would even prefer Naughton at 5 and I don't particularly want him at all.

Surely we don't take Hayes with either pick... could have downgraded 5 if we were that keen on him, I just don't see the point in using one of our top 5 picks on a guy that will definitely still be there past pick 10. Also don't understand the reasoning unless they see Hayes as more of a Key forward than a ruck but imo he doesn't have enough agility and X factor to be a number 1 key forward. Feel we could make a big mistake with taking him that early with plenty of other quality players still on the board at 5 (Fog, Stephenson, Cerra etc). would even prefer Naughton at 5 and I don't particularly want him at all.
Sam Haynes is not what we want but what we need , we still don't had a proper KPF/Ruckmen with Apeness injury , clarke Gone . This year JLT we can clearly see Ross prefer two Ruckmen structure in his team only to be interrupted by Sandi injury.

Sam Haynes is not what we want but what we need , we still don't had a proper KPF/Ruckmen with Apeness injury , clarke Gone . This year JLT we can clearly see Ross prefer two Ruckmen structure in his team only to be interrupted by Sandi injury.
Yeah but what's the point of taking him with 5 when we have Sean Darcy... If we didn't unearth such a gem last year I would agree with you, but I see Hayes as more of a number 1 ruckman. I would rather get value for my pick and go best available at pick 2 and pick 5.

Thiis thread is cracking me up the longer it goes. I've rediscovered the "philosophy of the circle" where we go round and round one hypothesis at a time before coming back and repeating the same. Seems the only one we hav'nt really tossed up out of the 6 to 7 is Dow. Because of that we probably will pick him first. Can't leave him out of the circle but.:thumbsu:

Thiis thread is cracking me up the longer it goes. I've rediscovered the "philosophy of the circle" where we go round and round one hypothesis at a time before coming back and repeating the same. Seems the only one we hav'nt really tossed up out of the 6 to 7 is Dow. Because of that we probably will pick him first. Can't leave him out of the circle but.:thumbsu:

That's why it's best to select who you want and stick by your guns, otherwise you find yourself going round and around in ever decreasing circles until you disappear up your own arseh*le

That's why it's best to select who you want and stick by your guns, otherwise you find yourself going round and around in ever decreasing circles until you disappear up your own arseh*le

Bit crass Peppy but yes I agree. My perfect pref is Rayner and LDU, or LDU and Dow (if two mids is our target). Those three would be ready to go straight in in 2018 I think too if we want. If one mid and one positional then LDU and Fogarty or Dow and Naughton (all okay for start of 2018). Stephenson and Cerra while heaps of potential and will be good I dont think will be right to play AFL in 2018.

Think Crumpy is right and we will take Naughton at 5 and the best mid they think will suit us at 2. Freo is currently very WA focused, will want to mitigate risk at least with one of the top picks, and Lyon is very defensive focused.

Remove this Banner Ad

Live Event 2017 AFL Draft - #2, #5, #42, #60, #66, #70, #77, #80, #90

Back