Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Noah Balta

• Aiden Bonar

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Think Crumpy is right and we will take Naughton at 5 and the best mid they think will suit us at 2. Freo is currently very WA focused, will want to mitigate risk at least with one of the top picks, and Lyon is very defensive focused.
My bad. Forgot we had Hamling (and Apearce) as KPB. I'll report myself and see myself out. :oops:

I love how he refers to bigfooty posters as Fremantle list management!

“Whether to recruit rising West Australian star Aaron Naughton or outstanding Victorian young guns at this month's national draft has generated frenzied debate among Fremantle list management.”
That is not his intention , by highlighting his article he get your time to read his article.

Thought you may be interested in having the polls to compare together. They have shifted around a bit the last few days and reflect clubs with pics 3,4,5,6 seemingly presuming players most likely already taken thus the choice.etc.
  • Luke Davies-Uniacke Carlton Poll Pick 3
    91 vote(s)
    19.3%

• Other
    4 vote(s)
    0.8%
  • ********************************************************************************************
  • Jaidyn Stephenson North Melbourne Poll Pick 4
    81 vote(s)
    39.1%

• Nick Coffield
    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
***************************************************************************************************************

*************************************************************************************************************
    Luke Davies-Uniacke Fremantle Poll Picks 2 and 5
    127 vote(s)
    48.5%
    Cameron Rayner
    94 vote(s)
    35.9%

• Darcy Fogarty
    139 vote(s)
    53.1%

• Adam Cerra
    30 vote(s)
    11.5%

• Jaidyn Stephenson
    29 vote(s)
    11.1%

• Paddy Dow
    22 vote(s)
    8.4%

• Andrew Brayshaw
    24 vote(s)
    9.2%

• Jack Higgins
    1 vote(s)
    0.4%

• Sam Hayes
    2 vote(s)
    0.8%

• Jarrod Brander
    5 vote(s)
    1.9%

• Aaron Naughton
    16 vote(s)
    6.1%

• Oscar Allen
    2 vote(s)
    0.8%

• Nick Coffield
    3 vote(s)
    1.1%

• Charlie Constable
    2 vote(s)
    0.8%

• Hunter Clark
    2 vote(s)
    0.8%

• Noah Balta
    5 vote(s)
    1.9%

• Aiden Bonar
    3 vote(s)
    1.1%

***********************************************************************************************************
  • Cam Rayner Collingwood Poll Pick 6
    4 vote(s)
    2.5%

• Paddy Dow
    1 vote(s)
    0.6%

• Luke Davies-Uniacke
    2 vote(s)
    1.2%

• Adam Cerra
    7 vote(s)
    4.3%

• Jaidyn Stephenson
    11 vote(s)
    6.8%

• Andrew Brayshaw
    5 vote(s)
    3.1%

• Darcy Fogarty
    62 vote(s)
    38.3%
    Nick Coffield
    57 vote(s)
    35.2%

• Jarrod Brander
    18 vote(s)
    11.1%

• Aaron Naughton
    15 vote(s)
    9.3%

• Other
    6 vote(s)
    3.7%

• Aiden Bonar
    10 vote(s)
    6.2%

Bit crass Peppy but yes I agree. My perfect pref is Rayner and LDU, or LDU and Dow (if two mids is our target). Those three would be ready to go straight in in 2018 I think too if we want. If one mid and one positional then LDU and Fogarty or Dow and Naughton (all okay for start of 2018). Stephenson and Cerra while heaps of potential and will be good I dont think will be right to play AFL in 2018.
One will definately be the best mid we rate. Having only one A+ midfielder in Fyfe suggests that.
Mundy, Neale, Hills, I would classify as B+ players, and Mundy isn't getting any younger.
Blakey, Tucker have potential but Bennell, Walters maybe better suited forward, with a surprise run in
the middle.
I am being brutally honest, maybe unfairly, at our peak Sandi, Fyfe, Mundy, Barlow were A grade.

One will definately be the best mid we rate. Having only one A+ midfielder in Fyfe suggests that.
Mundy, Neale, Hills, I would classify as B+ players, and Mundy isn't getting any younger.
Blakey, Tucker have potential but Bennell, Walters maybe better suited forward, with a surprise run in
the middle.
I am being brutally honest, maybe unfairly, at our peak Sandi, Fyfe, Mundy, Barlow were A grade.
Barlow before he broke his leg would be b+ in my opinion.

I love how he refers to bigfooty posters as Fremantle list management!

“Whether to recruit rising West Australian star Aaron Naughton or outstanding Victorian young guns at this month's national draft has generated frenzied debate among Fremantle list management.”

That's what got me, sif he would know what debate they are having

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You wouldn't draft Naughton as a forward.

I don't know why we aren't into Fogarty. Big lumbering forwards are too slow are not where the game is headed.

Fogarty is a great contested mark, great kick and has the aggression to play forward. Yet, we might draft another defender. Lloyd will **** this up.

Logue isn't a midfielder. He is still learning how to play in defence.

I don't know why we aren't into Fogarty. Big lumbering forwards are too slow are not where the game is headed.

Fogarty is a great contested mark, great kick and has the aggression to play forward. Yet, we might draft another defender. Lloyd will **** this up.

I was listening to Twomey today and he didn't seem to think Freo were in the race for Fogerty. Although being Freo, I doubt we would let on if we were interested.
Interestingly, he thought one of the players most likely to turn into "anything" was Stephenson.

Anyone know if Naughton can play forward - I think it's been discussed, but I can't find where.

If Logue >/= Fogarty and Naugton can play FWD, then I'm OK with Naughty.

You have to pile back through his Peel stats last two years etc and see where he kicked his goals. I recall it being confirmed somewhere his part time stints forward in some games and he had an impact.

I was listening to Twomey today and he didn't seem to think Freo were in the race for Fogerty. Although being Freo, I doubt we would let on if we were interested.
Interestingly, he thought one of the players most likely to turn into "anything" was Stephenson.
I think Llyod will pick Sam Hayes at 5 now , really make more sense than not , getting the second best at 2 and a Kpp size Hayes later . I personally don't like Hayes but just got that feeling that he will be in purple .

I think Llyod will pick Sam Hayes at 5 now , really make more sense than not , getting the second best at 2 and a Kpp size Hayes later . I personally don't like Hayes but just got that feeling that he will be in purple .
Brayshaw at 2, Fog at 5. Signed, sealed, delivered. You heard it here first. This is my opinion only.

I'd say it's highly unlikely we pick Hayes. If we wanted Hayes we wouldn't have demanded a top 5 pick. It's most likely we will pick 2 midfielders.

What do you think of Taylor's marking? The highlights reel was as good as Iv'e seen of contested marking in recent times. His ctp and good numbers from back and delivery by hand and foot too were good. Has been the go this year to downplay all our WA potential picks as not up there with the East yet there U18 performances and local WAFL efforts have been very very good.

I'd say it's highly unlikely we pick Hayes. If we wanted Hayes we wouldn't have demanded a top 5 pick. It's most likely we will pick 2 midfielders.

Hayes probably won’t even go top 20. Twomey basically hinted he’s sliding rapidly yesterday and mentioned him around Richmonds picks in the late teens. Won’t go before that but likely to last even longer. Happens every year with rucks. English was top ten this time last year, almost slipped out of the top twenty in reality and probably would’ve slipped even further if the digs hadn’t picked him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Live Event 2017 AFL Draft - #2, #5, #42, #60, #66, #70, #77, #80, #90

Back