Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Noah Balta

• Aiden Bonar

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

yes I agree with that...... any others in the 40 to 60 pick range?

Around pick 40-60? He is a GWS academy player, but I really like Nick Shipley as a tall, strong midfielder with good evasion, sense of where he is (and his teammates), get's his arms free and quick hands. Also can stand up in tackles and has a reasonable "don't argue". Kicking needs a bit of work, but nothing that isn't workable.

Around pick 40-60? He is a GWS academy player, but I really like Nick Shipley as a tall, strong midfielder with good evasion, sense of where he is (and his teammates), get's his arms free and quick hands. Also can stand up in tackles and has a reasonable "don't argue". Kicking needs a bit of work, but nothing that isn't workable.

I always laugh at player reviews when they read:

Great contested beast, does the 1%ers, read the game well, fast hands, can play big or small, good evasive skills, runs a 15 beep test etc.

Then the reviewer throws in the: could tidy up his kicking! HAHAHAHA makes me laugh every time. Like kicking the football in the game of AFL is a small component.

Great contested beast, does the 1%ers, read the game well, fast hands, can play big or small, good evasive skills, runs a 15 beep test etc.

Then the reviewer throws in the: could tidy up his kicking! HAHAHAHA makes me laugh every time. Like kicking the football in the game of AFL is a small component.

I am not disputing kicking is important, but at PICK 40 - 60 (which was the original question) you have to balance up a range of weaknesses versus their strengths. I could have just have easily thrown up the name Harry Simington, who is also tall but has a great kick for goal. The problem is that he gets very little of the ball, is more of a straight line runner etc.

Or I could have just thrown in a token West Aussie (Let's say Callan England or Jake Patmore), as they always are supported on this board regardless of whether they are any good or not.

I am not disputing kicking is important, but at PICK 40 - 60 (which was the original question) you have to balance up a range of weaknesses versus their strengths. I could have just have easily thrown up the name Harry Simington, who is also tall but has a great kick for goal. The problem is that he gets very little of the ball, is more of a straight line runner etc.

Or I could have just thrown in a token West Aussie (Let's say Callan England or Jake Patmore), as they always are supported on this board regardless of whether they are any good or not.

Chill bro.

Nothing against the player or your post.

Just funny that the 'knock' on too many players is their kicking.

It would be like saying he's a wonderful cricket player, but needs a bit of work on his batting and bowling.

Chill bro.

Nothing against the player or your post.

Just funny that the 'knock' on too many players is their kicking.

It would be like saying he's a wonderful cricket player, but needs a bit of work on his batting and bowling.

There are in fact very few pure skills based players in this draft. Lochie O'Brien is perhaps the best skilled player but he is likely to fall into the twenties because he is basically tagged out of each game and can't get the ball. The game is dictating (unfortunately) the need for more athleticism.

Dangerfield could tidy up his kicking

I said last year we should draft Ben Sanders as a ready-made medium forward, I still think he is worth at least a rookie list. He kicked 6.7 in the State win against the Vics and he takes a good mark. Also, this won't be popular, but Haiden Schloite has vastly improved since he was last on the Dockers list and has become a reliable goal-kicking midfielder, worth a late pick I think.

I said last year we should draft Ben Sanders as a ready-made medium forward, I still think he is worth at least a rookie list. He kicked 6.7 in the State win against the Vics and he takes a good mark. Also, this won't be popular, but Haiden Schloite has vastly improved since he was last on the Dockers list and has become a reliable goal-kicking midfielder, worth a late pick I think.
Nah only good at wafl level .

Schloithe bags the club out all over social media. He can get f*cked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah only good at wafl level .
"Congratulations to Haiden Schloithe & Ryan Burrows from South Fremantle for being invited to the WA State Combine.

Haiden is currently the highest ranked WAFL player averaging 28.9 disposals, 6.6 clearances and booting 26.8 from his 18 games.

Ryan is an up and coming 18 year old who's performances in the Colts this year have caught the eye of a few clubs.

Good luck to both boys!" From Foxsports

I would be surprised if Schloith was drafted again. I think most clubs avoid mouthy douchebags, except for the Dees, of course. Unsociable football probably cost them a finals place this year, though.

"Congratulations to Haiden Schloithe & Ryan Burrows from South Fremantle for being invited to the WA State Combine.

Haiden is currently the highest ranked WAFL player averaging 28.9 disposals, 6.6 clearances and booting 26.8 from his 18 games.

Ryan is an up and coming 18 year old who's performances in the Colts this year have caught the eye of a few clubs.

I hope Freo pick up Tim Kelly , can pass Schloithe to other club .

I would be surprised if Schloith was drafted again. I think most clubs avoid mouthy douchebags, except for the Dees, of course. Unsociable football probably cost them a finals place this year, though.

He was going ok in his season with us and was shown the door . He must have done something that the club didn't like. It didn't make sense why he was cut . Those tied up with Souths on here might know more .

He was going ok in his season with us and was shown the door . He must have done something that the club didn't like. It didn't make sense why he was cut . Those tied up with Souths on here might know more .
Mellington too. I thought he was really showing something when he was delisted the same year as Schoithe. I've always wondered what that was about. There are decisions about players the club keeps tightly under wraps.

Meima was referring to Ben Saunders and I agree with Meima. At AFL level he would be too short and too slow. He has had a few knee injuries as well.

Schloithe would be a chance due to his speed and has had a very good WAFL year. But as others have mentioned it won't be at Freo. Tim Kelly on the other hand.

In his first TAC Cup game for 2017 with school football duties complete, Jarrod Brander, this year's most highly rated key forward, performed strongly. He collected 21 disposals, nine marks and two goals.
That was last week I believe. Think he struggled yesterday although apparently the service from the mids was awful/non-existent. That is only 3rd hand though.

I'm backing the recruiters to know whether he is right for us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Live Event 2017 AFL Draft - #2, #5, #42, #60, #66, #70, #77, #80, #90

Back