Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Noah Balta

• Aiden Bonar

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

"Congratulations to Haiden Schloithe & Ryan Burrows from South Fremantle for being invited to the WA State Combine.

Haiden is currently the highest ranked WAFL player averaging 28.9 disposals, 6.6 clearances and booting 26.8 from his 18 games.

Ryan is an up and coming 18 year old who's performances in the Colts this year have caught the eye of a few clubs.

Good luck to both boys!" From Foxsports
IIRC Kelly got a national combine call up

Haiden may not have a lot to think with.
The Mellington situation was similar to Timmy Zoerher I'm told.

Which Timmy Zoerher situation?

There are a couple of stories about why Zoerher was sacked. The apocryphal story is that it was because he was trying to shag Simpson's daughter. Zoerher's story is that he was falsely accused publically by Simpson of stealing a bottle of scotch, and so he gave Simpson a serve for not getting his facts right.

If the situation with us was remotely similar to either of those then it reflects more poorly on the club than on the player.

Your Nick Shipley suggestion...would he last to the 40-60 He's impressive for a number of reasons but particularly disposal efficiency and power in the legs ala Dusty the Great. Can work through congestion and hard to tackle for that reason. :thumbsu: from me

There are a couple of stories about why Zoerher was sacked. The apocryphal story is that it was because he was trying to shag Simpson's daughter. Zoerher's story is that he was falsely accused publically by Simpson of stealing a bottle of scotch, and so he gave Simpson a serve for not getting his facts right.

If the situation with us was remotely similar to either of those then it reflects more poorly on the club than on the player.
You really don't like our club do you.

You really don't like our club do you.

I don't like authority figures who sack people for not worshipping at their feet - which is essentially why Zoerher was sacked from the Australian cricket team. If Schloithe was sacked for similar reasons then no, I don't like it. But that's why I said "if".

The story that I heard at the time was that things went missing from the changeroom and Zoerher was blamed. Not just a bottle of scotch (hadn't heard about that): money and saleable items.
Of course, like all the stories, it's probably bullshit, as is your twisting of the narrative to have an attack on the club, yet again.

I don't like Schloithe because after leaving Freo, he learnt from Hams and became a master of the art of drawing free kicks by ducking and raising the elbow.

Your Nick Shipley suggestion...would he last to the 40-60 He's impressive for a number of reasons but particularly disposal efficiency and power in the legs ala Dusty the Great. Can work through congestion and hard to tackle for that reason. :thumbsu: from me

I think there is a reasonable chance - I've come up with a power ranking and he is still there at 40. We also had a trial Bigfooty phantom draft and he wasn't picked till our third pick.

I don't like authority figures who sack people for not worshipping at their feet - which is essentially why Zoerher was sacked from the Australian cricket team. If Schloithe was sacked for similar reasons then no, I don't like it. But that's why I said "if".
Who really cares? Your a poster boy for negativity on this board.

I don't normally spread rumours but I was mates with a representative cricketer who had shared changerooms with 'Fingers Zoerher' and he was adamant about the reason for the nickname...I was assured by someone who I don't know so well that Mellington suffered the same affliction.
In both cases I was told the character admitted the behaviour before team mates.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't normally spread rumours but I was mates with a representative cricketer who had shared changerooms with 'Fingers Zoerher' and he was adamant about the reason for the nickname...I was assured by someone who I don't know so well that Mellington suffered the same affliction.
In both cases I was told the character admitted the behaviour before team mates.

Same scenario when he was at East Freo so the legend goes.

Who really cares? Your a poster boy for negativity on this board.

I've never really understood why it's perfectly fine on this board to bag the shit out of players, but bagging any aspect of the coaching, medical or administrative staff is "being negative about the club". Why are you guys so aggressive about defending bureaucrats and pen pushers?

The short comings of players are there for all to see week in week out. As far as other employees go you would have to be an insider to have credible knowledge.Therefor innocent until proven guilty beyond reasonable doubt. They should still sack Lyon though.:)

We seem to like the tassie boys could well be us that has requested to see him at the combine. Would not be surprised if we have a scout down in Tassie.

We seem to like the tassie boys could well be us that has requested to see him at the combine. Would not be surprised if we have a scout down in Tassie.

The go home factor doesn't appear to be as strong with them, as they know they have to leave Tassie anyway.. I've seen a few interviews with him... very level headed... he is the only Taswegian ask to go to Melb...

His pace is the question mark (although it is not obvious when he is leading). His combine results will be interesting.
If he is still available at pick 55 or 58 , i hope the club will take him .

Remove this Banner Ad

Live Event 2017 AFL Draft - #2, #5, #42, #60, #66, #70, #77, #80, #90

Back