Review 2017 AFL National Draft - Friday 24th November

Dow, LDU & Rayner are taken. Who do you select at pick 4?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack Higgins is criminally underrated . He is an absolute gun , I don't think he would be in our thinking at 4 but I wouldn't be upset if we took him there . Like Obrien if he slides outside the top 10 -12 ... it's a steal.

Assuming Swallow and Thomas are gone with the other four off the main list, what are the odds we'll go into the season with an extra rookie?
Taking kids with picks 4, 23, 46, 64. Using 78 to promote Zurhaar. Then using four rookie picks. Will give us a 39/5 split.

We need speed BUT we need someone that has silky foot skills more than anything

Actually we just need more players that can get it 25 times a game, we've struggled in this regard since Simmo and Shagga left.

Assuming Swallow and Thomas are gone with the other four off the main list, what are the odds we'll go into the season with an extra rookie?
Taking kids with picks 4, 23, 46, 64. Using 78 to promote Zurhaar. Then using four rookie picks. Will give us a 39/5 split.

I wouldn't promote zurhaar as he can be promoted for Watson who will be out and on the LTI list.
Plus we might need to promote players next season concerning f/s and having picks that need to be used.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't promote zurhaar as he can be promoted for Watson who will be out and on the LTI list.
Plus we might need to promote players next season concerning f/s and having picks that need to be used.
If we don't promote Zurhaar (assuming there are 6 main list spots to fill) then we'll either need to take players with picks 78 and 96 to fill up the list (who will get two year contracts) or take extra rookies and go into the season with less players on the main list.
I don't see what F/Ss have to do with this?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-16/future-200game-player-as-good-as-petracca

Interesting,"
Adam is as good a player that has come through our program," Bewick told AFL.com.au.

"He got injured last year and he's had a few injuries this year, so if he'd played a full season he'd be right in contention for the No.1 pick.

"Boyd and Patton were No.1 picks, and Petracca was pick No.2, but Adam just has a great understanding of the game and his skills are at a high level.

"He can play inside and out, he can play half-back, and I put him forward one day and he kicked 3.5 in a half.

"He's a (future) 200-game player that's ready to play AFL football now."

Actually we just need more players that can get it 25 times a game, we've struggled in this regard since Simmo and Shagga left.

This.

Neat disposing accumulators. A bit of leg is good, but blistering isn't absolutely necessary (obviously you take it if it's there).

Dom Tyson with a good peg.

Hardly a knock (not that I'm suggesting that was your intent) Tyson with his average peg would be our 2nd best midfielder.

I'm just wondering what is Cerra's main point of difference? Elite extraction capabilities?

Hardly a knock (not that I'm suggesting that was your intent) Tyson with his average peg would be our 2nd best midfielder.

I'm just wondering what is Cerra's main point of difference? Elite extraction capabilities?

It wasn't a knock at all, I think statistically he's close to the best player in the draft. He's had a lot of injuries in the last 18 months. He was the clear #1 as a 16 year old.

Lacks pace, but he's the best user in the top 4.

Vision and football awareness.

You can see it in his highlights from the champs the way he kicks the footy to a teammates advantage, or pulls kicks at the last second.

I heard a good anelogy for Cerra and constable in comparison to dow and LDU on another teams board. It was that LDU and Dow will see a gap in a pack and try and burst through it without really knowing what they will do once they get through and can then tend to just bang it long.

Cerra knows what's going on around him and can set up team mates by hand or foot resulting in a more effective clearance.

Like cunners without the outrageous handballs but with more speed (not hard) and much much better endurance.

Just read the Blues board and they had a poster claiming to have spoken to Cerras dad today who said he thinks the blues will take him at 3. They have interviewed him 3 times, Gold Coast and north 2 times. His dad also allegedly stated his preference is carlton not that I'd hold that against a 17 year old.

It wasn't a knock at all, I think statistically he's close to the best player in the draft. He's had a lot of injuries in the last 18 months. He was the clear #1 as a 16 year old.

Lacks pace, but he's the best user in the top 4.

Cerra knows what's going on around him and can set up team mates by hand or foot resulting in a more effective clearance.

Lacks pace but has a good tank.

Sounds like a behind the ball play maker in a Mitchell/Goddard/Gibbs type role.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-16/future-200game-player-as-good-as-petracca

Interesting,"
Adam is as good a player that has come through our program," Bewick told AFL.com.au.

"He got injured last year and he's had a few injuries this year, so if he'd played a full season he'd be right in contention for the No.1 pick.

"Boyd and Patton were No.1 picks, and Petracca was pick No.2, but Adam just has a great understanding of the game and his skills are at a high level.

"He can play inside and out, he can play half-back, and I put him forward one day and he kicked 3.5 in a half.

"He's a (future) 200-game player that's ready to play AFL football now."
For the love of God, no one mention that to Scott!

If we don't promote Zurhaar (assuming there are 6 main list spots to fill) then we'll either need to take players with picks 78 and 96 to fill up the list (who will get two year contracts) or take extra rookies and go into the season with less players on the main list.
I don't see what F/Ss have to do with this?

We'd have to keep spitta and LT for another year.

F/S we need pts and the amount of picks with pts vaule we need to draft that Many players

Remove this Banner Ad

Review 2017 AFL National Draft - Friday 24th November

Back