List Mgmt. 2017 Draft Discussion (cont in Pt 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not that good and he's an inside mid though, we really need outside run and carry. LOB, would be better suited to needs- we don't have a pick in his range though.

Steele, Dustan, Koby, Steven, Ross and Armo are all capable of playing inside mid/ rover type roles. We need someone who can play a rangy, get on their bike type like Gaff. I reckon Hunter Clark could play that role. Brayshaw not so much.

He's more of a balanced mid than a dedicated inside mid like the above though. He's got some toe and can run, overlap and is a long kick in addition to knowing his way around traffic. That's what has got clubs interested in him.

Like Hunter Clark too but if you're calling Brayshaw an inside mid that is what Clark has done a lot of this year too after starting at half back.

I don’t necessarily disagree with you, but Clark came to prominence as a back flanker and spend his impressive midfield time as an inside type.

The salient point is that the board doesn’t seem to know it’s arse from it’s elbow sometimes.

The weirdest part of that is your expectation that it should be any different. None of us (beside you) are professionals and most don't even see a full game that these kids play. I get excited by them like a kid opening presents at Christmas, every one I open is the best thing ever.....well apart from Brayshaw who looks more like underwear or a book to me.

I have watched a few under 18 games but not enough to be even close to an expert but still love it.

Just so I understand, your analysis is based solely on a single game 2 minute highlight clip? Even if I just think about it in the context of these 2 clips...Brayshaw still looks the better player, so I'm not sure what you're on about. Cleaner with the ball, operates well in traffic, and looks a much better kick. LOB's kicks look slow to reach their target, arriving a bit late, which will get exposed at the next level.

Thanks bro, I take your opinion seriously. You have the upbeat personality of a young Plugger 66.

Did you watch the tac cup gf?

I didn't see the whole thing, but saw the highlights. I don't have fox. I'm guessing he must have dominated? He looks like on his stats he had 21 disposals and no goals but heaps of tackles? What does he do that sets him apart? I'm still trying to work it out.

I don’t necessarily disagree with you, but Clark came to prominence as a back flanker and spent his impressive midfield time as an inside type.

The salient point is that the board doesn’t seem to know it’s arse from it’s elbow sometimes.

For me it is like throwing darts and hoping that one hits its mark. I have no frigging idea of who is better than others as I haven't seen enough of the games through the year. I rely on other campaigners to give me that info so I can pretend to know what the frack I am talking about!!!

My cousins and mates think I'm a frigging draft guru - shhh don't give away my secret :p:D:cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love this thread...

For years the great majority has been whinging that all we do is draft flankers and try and turn them into midfielders, now the collective is losing their minds over Fogarty, Bonar, Stephenson, Coffield and Clark and suggesting Brayshaw is too boring to draft.

Guess who the only genuine full-time midfielder is of that lot.
9ABA78B1-13D9-4DDD-910D-CC61C46C9B01.jpeg

For me it is like throwing darts and hoping that one hits its mark.
And therein lies the problem :huh:

hqdefault.jpg

The weirdest part of that is your expectation that it should be any different. None of us (beside you) are professionals and most don't even see a full game that these kids play. I get excited by them like a kid opening presents at Christmas, every one I open is the best thing ever.....well apart from Brayshaw who looks more like underwear or a book to me.

I have watched a few under 18 games but not enough to be even close to an expert but still love it.
I am?!!

Jesus, someone’s been shafting me on pay!

I didn't see the whole thing, but saw the highlights. I don't have fox. I'm guessing he must have dominated? He looks like on his stats he had 21 disposals and no goals but heaps of tackles? What does he do that sets him apart? I'm still trying to work it out.
Well I'm no expert, but: he can win his own ball as well as being pretty quick. Good endurance. Makes good decisions. Good disposal on both sides of body. Tackles hard. Leadership.

What would you recommend?
I would've kept it simpler, for example pick one gets 25 points, through to one point for pick 25.

You've put a heap of work into this so I feel bad for my comments, but I just feel the draft points system will skew what you are trying to achieve.

I would've kept it simpler, for example pick one gets 25 points, through to one point for pick 25.

You've put a heap of work into this so I feel bad for my comments, but I just feel the draft points system will skew what you are trying to achieve.
It would still work out the same way though. The higher ranked players are getting more points as it stands now. I think all you are doing there is changing the amount of points? The order wouldn't change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back