2017 Ladder Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just don't get the love for saints and demons myself

And the Eagles to finish top 4 Coz why? Mitchell?
Saints & Dees both have young improving lists & just missed this year... so look most likely to jump into the finals... given 1-2 teams likely to drop out.

I have weagles 5th, but they have strong claims for top-4 if they can improve their away record. Gaining the hawks b&f winner will improve them. The question mark is their ruckmen.

Saints & Dees both have young improving lists & just missed this year... so look most likely to jump into the finals... given 1-2 teams likely to drop out.

I have weagles 5th, but they have strong claims for top-4 if they can improve their away record. Gaining the hawks b&f winner will improve them. The question mark is their ruckmen.
I don't get the West Coast love in. They were strong defensively, and they have JJK, but their midfield just isn't that good. I think they'll get in the 8 but Mitchell aside I struggle to see where the improvement comes from.

Saints jumped from 14th to 9th (missing finals on percentage) from 2015-2016. Biggest flaw was lack of any tall defenders (old third tall types in Dempster and Fisher forced to play on the monsters)- a problem we won't have next year with Jake Carlisle and Nathan Brown into the team.

Added more midfielders in Steele and Stevens. Breakout years from Acres (started playing really well in the last 6 weeks of '16) and Billings impending. Dunstan to get his tank up hopefully and up his production for a breakout season (same injury as Membrey in between the '15 and '16 seasons where he worked on his running for most of the pre season because it's all he could do, Dunstan's only issue is his tank ATM). D-Mac showed heaps of improvement late year as well, a lot of our young guys seem to be getting around that stage where they're ready to break out.

Membrey to play every game (17 games for 44 goals this year, easily can kick 50+ with a full year) and McCartin getting a good run on, here's hoping.

Lots of improvement to come- same as the Dees who have added some really good experienced heads in Lewis and Hibberd which are valuable to a young team.

Think both Dees and Saints will take big steps forward next year, would love to see both make the 8.

Nah both do zero for me sorry

10th-14th again

I don't get the West Coast love in. They were strong defensively, and they have JJK, but their midfield just isn't that good. I think they'll get in the 8 but Mitchell aside I struggle to see where the improvement comes from.
Adding Mitchell to priddas, schuey, gaff, maston, etc... is hardly a weak midfield. Was good enough to make a grand final only a year ago... so the main issue is loss of Nic Nat.

1 GWS
2 Sydney
3 Western Bulldogs
4 Adelaide
5 Geelong
6 Hawthorn
7 Melbourne
8 St Kilda
9 Fremantle
10 West Coast
11 Port Adelaide
12 Collingwood
13 Essendon
14 North Melbourne
15 Richmond
16 Gold Coast
17 Carlton
18 Brisbane

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's points are required when I simply don't think your good enough.

I thought even a simple person could understand that.
A simple person uses the word your when they should be using "you're".

You're welcome to your view of the Dees, as misguided as it is, but you'd garner more respect if you annunciated what part of our list underwhelmed you.

Nah both do zero for me sorry

10th-14th again
They also get Carlisle, who is a solid player when up and about. I think St Kilda is the likeliest of the teams out of the top 8 to make it given their list demographics and additions to the 2016 squad.

They missed top 4 this season by a whisker and the majority of the better teams we played away.
We have a more even spread playing good teams at home (although we'll find out who really are the 'good' teams next season) and less 6 day breaks.
That is perhaps what people are seeing. That and they follow the general trend of a team, not just looking at a seasons results in isolation.

I'm not saying we're a lock for top 4 but the team that madethe GF in 2015 will get their chance to show whether 2016 was just a bad year or whether indeed we're tracking downwards.
We'll just have to wait and see.

A simple person uses the word your when they should be using "you're".

You're welcome to your view of the Dees, as misguided as it is, but you'd garner more respect if you annunciated what part of our list underwhelmed you.

The whole list isn't good enough to make finals but hey who am I to question a team that has been poor for 20 years, under a new coach who has proven zero.

My apologies I now see how there is no way you're team can't make the eight

I'm really enjoying the low expectations people have of the Tigers next year. Easy to exceed expectations when the bar is set so low. I do think that next year there will be more movement in and out of the eight than for quite some time given the evenness of the competition. With the gap between first and eighth closer than ever before in 2016 in terms of wins, I don't think it will take much for some teams to not only drop down the order but out of the eight completely.

Just off the top of my head - St Kilda, Melbourne, Fremantle, Essendon, Gold Coast and even Collingwood and Carlton have the potential to push into the finals with teams such as North, Sydney, Hawthorn and Geelong tumbling out in a hurry.

Will make for an interesting season :)

The whole list isn't good enough to make finals but hey who am I to question a team that has been poor for 20 years, under a new coach who has proven zero.

My apologies I now see how there is no way you're team can't make the eight
Your inability to articulate any semblance of a position other than a vague observation serves you poorly.

You're better off keeping ill-considered opinions to yourself.

Your inability to articulate any semblance of a position other than a vague observation serves you poorly.

You're better off keeping ill-considered opinions to yourself.

So because I'm not a self appointed grammatical adjudicator my opinion is ill-considered? See we can all attempt to be pompous arrogant quasi-educated syntax judges, in a vain attempt to propel our irrelevant egos to another level of self importance and appear important to the minions.

I find it amusing that a simple I do not rate you're list enough to make the finals isn't satisfying your bias little heart. I wonder why? Hmmmmmm .... Like you were all sprouting you would make the finals 8 weeks out and how did that work for you? Not good enough.

So let's discuss so you can then pick apart my so called irrelevant opinion and yours can replace mine as obviously it's all knowing and pure genius.

1- new coach with no history... Oh that's right Roos has done zero for 2 years it all been Goodwin
2- Gawn doesn't play your done
3- Hogan is over rated
4- Not enough class in the midfield - plenty of grunt but no dazzle for mine
5- backline is suspect
6- years of losing culture
7- next years ski season is supposed to be a cracker

So go ahead and pick it apart but that's my opinion and I don't give a sh!te what you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back