MRP / Trib. 2017 MRP/ Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Elbow to the head way off the ball, knocking your oponent out 10 min into the game where he can take no further part, is apparently ok as long as you are a good bloke and have high profile mates.

Congrats AFL.

Shining example to the rest of society.

I agree, it shouldn't have any bearing at all.... But Malcolm obviously likes him so I guess that was the main reason he got off so lightly... Doesn't the PM have better stuff to do though?
Mal spends most of his spare time playing pocket billiards with his thumbs ..

I might be in the minority who thinks a 2 game ban is fair enough.

however the prime minister getting involved....what in the sweet name of ****? he wasn't facing the firing squad in Bali, it's a bloody incident on a footy field
spot on

I might be in the minority who thinks a 2 game ban is fair enough.

however the prime minister getting involved....what in the sweet name of ****? he wasn't facing the firing squad in Bali, it's a bloody incident on a footy field

I reckon three would have been better...but your points are bang on.

Leave the character references for a job interview or court where the deciding panel don't have access to exposed form.

We see Houli play every week and he has been a clean player previously. How much more character about a footballer do we need to know about a football incident?

Reduce the sentence a little based on his clean playing record and judge the incident for what actually happened.

“It’s very hard to think of a better example of the strength and resilience of our great multicultural society than the work that Bachar Houli does,” Turnbull said as part of the submission.

Aly, a Richmond supporter and prominent member of the Islamic community, wrote of Houli’s “humility and gentleness”.

He said Houli is “the first devout Muslim to play AFL … and bears the burden of a community that is desperately short of heroes and role models.”

“He delivers some of the most powerful and constructive messages that any athlete in recent times has been seen to offer young minds,” the Richmond counsel relayed of Aly’s statement.

“He does this in the face of racial abuse, which Aly has seen time and time again.”

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ri...b/news-story/d2e233da4893cd880a4093172fca5897
that's the first time ever I've thought waleed should be ashamed of himself - another commercial media star loses his integrity

Leave the character references for a job interview or court where the deciding panel don't have access to exposed form.

We see Houli play every week and he has been a clean player previously. How much more character about a footballer do we need to know about a football incident?

Reduce the sentence a little based on his clean playing record and judge the incident for what actually happened.

This is what I was getting at a page back re the points system. If they've been influenced by character references, it's really bizarre. Wayne Carey gave a character reference for Jason Moran

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May as well condone king hits as fair game if you are only going to give out 2 weeks for a potentially life threatening hit, no lessons learned here

Totally agree.

It's this type of "coward hit" that has taken too many young lives off the football field and the AFL had the chance to say it is blatantly unacceptable, but they have instead taken a backward step.

If basher Houli was such a good bloke he would of taken his 4 week punishment as a fair result for costing a human being his day job and taking away the PRIVELEGE to play the game he loves. I will boo the **** out of basher houli until he quits or retires no matter what self entitled **** wits he brings to his aide. All this charade tells me is that he is an absolute w***er and I will hate him more then ever. Truly ****ed is the MRP and we've been shafted just as much as when shitface Wellingham nearly killed Kade Simpson. I'm so outraged I'm never gonna watch that flog Aly on the project ever again nor will I vote for Turnbull. What a disgrace.

Just heard on SEN that the AFL has the option to appeal. AFL's legal cousel advised the tribunal to give him 4 weeks, but tribunal ignored it. We find out tomorrow if they will apeal.

On SM-N920I using BigFooty.com mobile app
Mate they won't have the balls to do that.

Pathetic

Playing the race card, to lower the penalty.

Proves to me that there was really no remorse for leaving a player unconscious on the ground behind play.

Should have just taken his penalty.

I don't understand how a players apparent good standing in the community can be taken into consideration when deciding an initial penalty, isn't it used for after a penalty has been decided

If this had happened to the star of the game and not a fringe 22 best player at Carlton Houli would have gotten 4-5 weeks. In all the matches I've seen Houli play he seems to be a clean player and I'm happy for that to be taken into account. 2-3 week discount seems incredibly generous to me. Disappointing to see some Carlton supporters bring his religion into the argument in a negative light regardless of what Houli has said or done, pull your ahead in.

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. 2017 MRP/ Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Back