2017 Non Crows AFL Discussion Thread - Part IV A New Hope

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's what you would call career suicide. He would have forgone any chance of success for the remainder of his career just for an insane pay packet. North Melbourne who are funded by the AFL should have had to get the offer authorised because thats wasting your money. Dusty did the right thing, with a salary cap in place there is such a thing as too much money....(Not for Tippett, he would be at North now probably demanding an extra couple of $100k on the side!)

I wonder if the offer came from another big Vic Club like the Pies, Dons or Blues if that could have persuaded Martin, definitely not a shit club like North who is struggling with a supporter base in Melbourne.

Dusty should be grateful for North's offer though, as it improved the Tigers contract offer I feel definitely in terms of length.

Makes total sense!

Kill-the-Brain-Cells.jpg

Are Port playing Jackson Trengove in the 2s to give him match fitness or are they cutting off their noses to make a ''stand'' ?
He hasn't been in good form, so that has something to do with it obviously.

Marshall has talent but Trengove is the better bet in a cutthroat final.

Hmmm, how many AFL listed players are there? Summerton is included in that number from what I'm led to believe being a marquee

Hmmm, how many AFL listed players are there? Summerton is included in that number from what I'm led to believe being a marquee
Mate, Sturt have this

Just was reminded of the genius list manager that is SOS on the Trading board

Kristian Jaksch + Mark Whiley + Pick 19 traded for Pick 7
Didn't they end up with the player picked at 7 ?? Marchbank IIRC

And Carlton picked up Boekhorst with pick 19. Mins you though GWS picked up Ahern
With pick 7. Nothing gained and nothing lost by both clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was SOS in charge then?

Pretty funny that North have spoiled Richmond and Dusty's big resigning surprise by revealing it early
At this rate, North will be front loading the contracts of their whole side!

Anyone busy on 21 September?

R&T Forum: Rebuilding Carlton Football Club

Steven Trigg, CEO, Carlton Football Club

Date
Thursday 21 September
Time
Registration 5.30 pm; Presentation 5.45 - 6.30 pm followed by networking drinks and canapes
Venue
PwC, Level 21, 2 Riverside Quay, Southbank
Price
$75 member, $92 non-member (GST incl.)

I'm one of the organisers, thanks for the plug!

We really do appreciate his doing this for us - I'm sure he'd get lots of requests.

If we have any Melbourne-based Crows-supporting ARITA members it would be great to see you there.

Dusty rejected 11 mill Jesus.
Good on the bloke.
$10.5M at a club with one of the worst lists v $9.1M at a club playing finals.

Reckon he has made the right choice, as still making millions, but will be winning more too.

So he and Gov have forgone HUGE cash to stay in successful environments.

Wonder if Kelly and Lever do the same. It could be a huge lesson for them.
I think there is a good chance Kelly will remain at GWS, but that they will lose a couple of others.

Lever needs to think whether he wants to play for teams not making finals or be part of one of the most talented squads for less but still good money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back