Votes: 48 10.4%
  • Brayden Fiorini(GC)

Votes: 22 4.8%
  • Wayne Milera(ADEL)

Votes: 20 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Only defender who wasnt beaten and didnt make a ton of mistakes. And more to the point, didnt make mistakes.

His current form added with Birch Stratts and Frawley is going to make a great defence.

By far our BOG tonight. Shame Clarko wont give him any votes.

Yet, here's some quotes on Burton's game from the Hawthorn board...

Turned it over a bit early but he was one of the few who kept cracking in until the end. Very sure in a contest again tonight and barely wasted it in the second half.

Was port's best player early but it says a lot about his character that he responded so well after quarter time

Great learning game for Burton last night.

Love the fact he doesn't drop his head when he makes a few mistakes.

Seems he did make mistakes...

Didnt say he didnt make mistakes. Said he didnt make a ton of mistakes. Given our backline its hard to work out how Port didnt win by a 100.

We are certainly lucky their only forward is Dixon.

Umm...
Only defender who wasnt beaten and didnt make a ton of mistakes. And more to the point, didnt make mistakes.

His current form added with Birch Stratts and Frawley is going to make a great defence.

By far our BOG tonight. Shame Clarko wont give him any votes.

shows people go on stats alone, oh and one plays for a vic club.... even though there isnt much in it stat wise SPP 66.6% time on ground vs 84.8%
It's ok mate. We know it's all a conspiracy against the non-Vic clubs.

So you have made this comparison based on 14 games compared to one of the best in the history? Ok then :drunk:

One bloke with 12 one percenters per game vs 2.2.

Fair comparison right there. Plenty of good young defenders around but comparison with Rance? i can start comparing SPP with Judd then, he stats are better than Judd's first year but it will be a pointless comparison.
also moves like Pendlebury apparently. No doubt he also kicks like Jarmen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ask Tex Walker if Burton can defend!
I base my observations on all his games this year. Rarely picks up an opposition player. Has sensibly been used as the spare man in defence due to age/experience. This is not an attack on burton, just an observation. It also explains his high kicking efficiency as he gets most of his disposals in space, whereas SPP, SPS and McGrath get more of their own ball.

I base my observations on all his games this year. Rarely picks up an opposition player. Has sensibly been used as the spare man in defence due to age/experience. This is not an attack on burton, just an observation. It also explains his high kicking efficiency as he gets most of his disposals in space, whereas SPP, SPS and McGrath get more of their own ball.
What a load of crap.

"Rarely picks up an opposition player". Stop talking down a kid and making shit up as you go.

The week Burton was nominated he spent largely on Tex Walker.

What a load of crap.

"Rarely picks up an opposition player". Stop talking down a kid and making shit up as you go.

The week Burton was nominated he spent largely on Tex Walker.
Amazing how many defenders we have had over the last 5 years that play as a spare defender

15 touches for McGrath today.. didn't touch it in the last quarter. This is where I think Burton will push ahead towards the end of the season - has had 2 pre-seasons under his belt vs 1.. should be able to run out the run year a lot more consistently than McGrath and SPP

15 touches for McGrath today.. didn't touch it in the last quarter. This is where I think Burton will push ahead towards the end of the season - has had 2 pre-seasons under his belt vs 1.. should be able to run out the run year a lot more consistently than McGrath and SPP

Easy to get a touch in a winning side....Try being B.O.G in a losing side as a first year player; & having the highest disposal efficiency of every defender league-wide.

Easy to get a touch in a winning side....Try being B.O.G in a losing side as a first year player; & having the highest disposal efficiency of every defender league-wide.
I think your right he'll run out the season and win the rising star, but I wouldn't say he's had 2 preseasons under his belt. He was restricted in his first and then they operated on him to remove the rods in his leg from the terrible break he had at the start of his under 18 year, that's also why he slipt in the draft after being rated a top 3 or 5 pick by most before the leg break

Remove this Banner Ad

2017 Rising Star Discussion

Back