News 2017 St Kilda in the media

Remove this Banner Ad

Saints have been involved in various nonsense a little bit this season:

Dempster supposedly retiring cos he didn't get selected
Joey timewasting against the Lions
Joey getting a 50m pen for saying "Soft Bump"
Now this

Obviously not saying that as a negative against the club or players. Just a shame to detract from what has been a very promising season so far.

This is the media direction , they like the bad angle it creates comment like we are doing now.

Club just needs to not to give any Oxygen to the weekend against blues , talk about how good Sydney was on weekend.

Will be sweet when we pull their pants down might then even get a mention on the Couch

So sledging is good if done in public by journos and footy media for fame, ratings & laughs.

But bad if done on field, away from the public, by players trying to get an edge in a major sports competition.

Right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The North coach...aka angry bird is on FC....time to retreat.

WOW....Caro just gave the club both barrels(not the poster)

She loaded up and went bang!!!!!

She said this all comes back for Matt Finnis....wtf !!!!!

And did you see what the Carlton CEO put in his press release........words to the effect that "If that's how St.kilda want to do things"...blah..blah ...blah....

I always thought that the guy is a dork(being very polite here) with some of the things he says......confirmed.

It reminded me of the Essendon Prez calling us animals after that infamous game many years ago.

Rors....you've shot up to celebrity status...your tweets are on all the big footy shows !!!!!!

And did you see what the Carlton CEO put in his press release........words to the effect that "If that's how St.kilda want to do things"...blah..blah ...blah....

I always thought that the guy is a dork(being very polite here) with some of the things he says......confirmed.

It reminded me of the Essendon Prez calling us animals after that infamous game many years ago.

Rors....you've shot up to celebrity status...your tweets are on all the big footy shows !!!!!!

Just goes to show how happy the football media are to get stuck into us for any piddling little thing. Even Wilson who I generally respect as a journo: how on earth can you link this to Matt Finnis?

And other clubs' fans claim we have a victim mentality; just watch as our club continues to rise how they'll try to tear us down.

Caro is irrelevant as is the show FC

What is unfortunately is her position about Nick Stevens ..or Bootsma
Or the story that her own paper killed about the Moran brothers and infamous John Elliott at Goldfingers.

Five women were r*ped big end of town fixed the problem. $
Maybe Carlton CEO could shed some light on that one .

Zero credibility Caro...

Caro is irrelevant as is the show FC

What is unfortunately is her position about Nick Stevens ..or Bootsma
Or the story that her own paper killed about the Moran brothers and infamous John Elliott at Goldfingers.

Five women were r*ped big end of town fixed the problem. $
Maybe Carlton CEO could shed some light on that one .

Zero credibility Caro...
Footy public don't care about conflict of interest, they just want victims to lay their boots into. The media get to choose the targets, once you control the media, you control the public.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This could all be forgotten tomorrow if some terrible news I heard today is true, word is there could be a presser announcing a young star has testicular cancer (non-Saint).

Fingers ******* crossed its bad intel

That's terrible news if true. Would rather go through the whole essendon saga again than to hear that news!!

Meanwhile StCicatriz is duelling with Andy Maher on Twitter... Go son!!
Hes about as relevant to football as susie Obrien now and you wonder why with shite takes like that. There's a reason why he's been relegated to the racing network or what ever the **** that two bit radio station is.

He's obviously massively biased and has been caught out being so.

Reality is there are two incidents here. Murphy sledging a player when injured and the saints supposedly over stepping the line. One does not excuse the other which is what Maher is trying to do here.

I'm sure if he had two of his kids come up to him in tears complaining one said something to other that was hurtful and vice versa his reaction wouldn't be to excuse one whilst lecturing the other. Why? Because it's ****in shite parenting. You need to address all of what occurred not exclude some of it because it was considered to be less severe in his eyes. You want both kids to learn from it and why their actions were wrong.

So what's the lesson for St kilda and carlton here?

Well st kilda led by Matt Finnis got to the bottom of what occurred internally, decided they over stepped the mark and went about making amends with murphy by apologising. It's not a hangable offence. But nether the less you apologise sincerely. Good mature leadership.

Carlton on the other hand played it out in the media. Portrayed themselves as victims. Then refused to take the call for the apology. After all that they still haven't addressed their players behaviour on their side and have literally looked for an out and you ****in wonder why that club is so inept and devoid of leadership.

So going back to my parent analogy. It's like working out what your kid has done, addressing their behaviour only for the parent of the other kid to make a big song and dance about it without addressing their child's behaviour. Pretty piss poor.

Pathetic Maher. Pathetic.

Lost all respect for Caro after her 7 venomous articles in 7 days about the Saints a few years ago. Now that's media sledging

Last edited:
This could all be forgotten tomorrow if some terrible news I heard today is true, word is there could be a presser announcing a young star has testicular cancer (non-Saint).

Fingers ******* crossed its bad intel

Just heard on SEN. It's Jesse Hogan. Awful news.

FFS... that poor bloke.

Yep, horrible. The "good" news is that it has an extremely good recovery rate.
Just said that he is going in for the op today.
Wishing him all of the best for a complete recovery.

To his credit, James Brayshaw summed it up perfectly...

It really comes down to our brand and what we stand for as a club. How do we want to be perceived as a club?

That's it. Nothing else matters. Who said what etc... done now.

Let's answer that question and move on accordingly.
I'd like us to not to do it. Having said that if we **** up I'd like us to own it and learn from it. I think we did that

Gotta get better at managing the media and narrative though

I'd like us to not to do it. Having said that if we **** up I'd like us to own it and learn from it. I think we did that

Gotta get better at managing the media and narrative though
Agree.

Ultimately you can only control what you do. Regardless of what may have seemed a good idea at the time, it has brought undue attention and distraction to the club.

I really don't care who said what and people's reactions. Don't care how the blues portray themselves as victims. That's their choice.

Let's just focus and let our footy and actions do the talking.

That said, with some of the comments posted around here, there's a massive irony in getting angry with the press.

A bit too much do as I say and not as I do...

When will AFL players learn? How many times, over how many years, do they need to be told life's most important rules? :rolleyes:

C_6IKTUVwAAZgoS.jpg:large

Remove this Banner Ad

News 2017 St Kilda in the media

Remove this Banner Ad

Back