News 2017 St Kilda in the media

Remove this Banner Ad

The last time we started to generate this kind of "Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children" type criticism, was precisely when we got out of our little box and became a threat in the competition. Simple, we are the club that everybody wants to stay small, weak, and victimised. They hate it when we succeed. It ruins the narratives of the Big 4, etc, etc.

It's one of the reasons I love barracking for this club. A high degree of sticking it to the man.

Hope Richo uses something like this to work up the team for this weeks game.

The last time we started to generate this kind of "Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children" type criticism, was precisely when we got out of our little box and became a threat in the competition. Simple, we are the club that everybody wants to stay small, weak, and victimised. They hate it when we succeed. It ruins the narratives of the Big 4, etc, etc.

It's one of the reasons I love barracking for this club. A high degree of sticking it to the man.
Wish I could like this more than once. Spot on.

I think a lot of clubs would like this to just go away now, not just st kilda and Carlton.

Some people like Eddie should be very careful, it's not like he has a team of choir boys playing there, you throw too much shit and all of a sudden people start bringing up your players.

Media are an absolute disgrace and as for Marc murphy, what the hell is he thinking.

Next year playing the Blues.

Marc: Haha Jake, you got busted for sledging me ... you're a nasty nasty sledging person.
Jake: You're worse , your sledging me now.
Marc: Mummmy he called me a sledger.
Cheer squad banner...

Our boys won't sledge
Our boys won't diss
Coz they all know Murphy's
As weak as piss!

Now that the feeding frenzy over the sledging has simmered down some, do you think Jon Ralph feels like a ****ing knob? The attempts by "football journalists", if that's what we're going to call them, to grab a little bit of the limelight was as bad as anything that occurred on field IMO.

Talk about some low grade groupthink taking over, what a shame this industry that's huge now and has such passionate followers doesn't have a group of quality journalists/commentators on any mainstream media outlets.

Basically, once someone's feelings were hurt, media was on with a search for a lamb slaughter.

Just needed a sacrificial one. Saints just apologised, and that's not enough, Caro and the ilk are baying for a suspension/counselling/mediation, etc.

Idiots.

I think you make a great point here Perse.
The timing is incredible. We're on the up and the league knows it. Big 4 not happy about it.

"We're on the way up whether they like it or not"

http://www.footygospel.com/josh-pinn/time-for-change

Good read here I thought which addresses some of our frustrations with the media over the past 72 hours and more.

Always keen to get stuck in for any transgression but when it's a weekly thing in their own backyard they scoff at any criticism.

It's no wonder ratings for these things are dying and it couldn't come quick enough

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Robbo started calling for Umpires to immediately report players on field for swearing on 360 last night.
That's when I knew I had to avoid all football programming for the rest of the week. For my own sanity if nothing else.
No. He was taking the sanctimonious BS spouted by Wakely to its logical conckusion.
Wakely seem flummoxed by the suggestion and I think the penny had dropped on this ludicrious stance.

SEN banging on again but Lyon said the text machine telling them people have had a gutful and they were flogging a dead horse.

These clowns dont understand that the term ' the caravan has moved on but the dogs are still barking'.

They wonder why their ratings have plummeted

Good read here I thought which addresses some of our frustrations with the media over the past 72 hours and more.

Always keen to get stuck in for any transgression but when it's a weekly thing in their own backyard they scoff at any criticism.

It's no wonder ratings for these things are dying and it couldn't come quick enough

A really good read - thanks!

No. He was taking the sanctimonious BS spouted by Wakely to its logical conckusion.
Wakely seem flummoxed by the suggestion and I think the penny had dropped on this ludicrious stance.

SEN banging on again but Lyon said the text machine telling them people have had a gutful and they were flogging a dead horse.

These clowns dont understand that the term ' the caravan has moved on but the dogs are still barking'.

They wonder why their ratings have plummeted
Ok thanks for the context. I'd just flipped over and obviously missed that. Still the fact that the conversation had to come to that is just as ridiculous.

Ok thanks for the context. I'd just flipped over and obviously missed that. Still the fact that the conversation had to come to that is just as ridiculous.
Yes and for all the bagging Robbo cops he has been one voice of reason as opposed to the Greek chorus.
I really disliked his Essendon stance through the drugs saga but he can be forgiven as he is a Dons supporter and he was being fed the info from Essendon.
Apart from that I like his insights on the game and writing.

He has been a voice of reason.

Lyon again today it was fine to call Carlisle a coke head but apparently he has to cop it.

The logic of these imbiciles amazes me.

" Brian Taylor wandering around the change rooms like an uncle mistakingly invited to a 21St birthday party"

Gold.

Yes and for all the bagging Robbo cops he has been one voice of reason as opposed to the Greek chorus.
I really disliked his Essendon stance through the drugs saga but he can be forgiven as he is a Dons supporter and he was being fed the info from Essendon.
Apart from that I like his insights on the game and writing.

He has been a voice of reason.

Lyon again today it was fine to call Carlisle a coke head but apparently he has to cop it.

I don't get how its ok for a supposed independent journalist to slant a topic based on them baracking for the team in question.

This is a big part of what's wrong with MSM.

Not Garry lyon? Wouldve thought he'd be the last bloke to have a crack at someone for using that stuff.

Heard from a few people that would know that he loves the stuff

But again, he's in the media so that's alright.

An excellent read.
Quantity vs quality and all from an extremely hypocritical media boys club.

Koby being suspended for tackling a bloke, getting praised by the commentators, being awarded a free kick by the umpire, and the player not being injured in any way. Meanwhile others punch players in the face and get off.

Journos saying Paddy should leave because he's going through the same process that pretty much every decent tall forward has gone through at some point early on in their career.

On the players punching and getting off thing, did cotchin get anything for that nice jumper punch?.
That rocked that young fella for a second

Robbo started calling for Umpires to immediately report players on field for swearing on 360 last night.
That's when I knew I had to avoid all football programming for the rest of the week. For my own sanity if nothing else.
Ive avoided it for three years
I watch our game and come here for all news, ALL news

I'm over the whole media bullcrap
They ****ing harp on about what was said or something that was done, then come out and say something that's completely bloody wrong, like the whole Dempster scenario, and don't even have to apologize

You know what, if you're wrong, own up to it, you'll learn something and people will have massive respect for you.

Lol caro on her high horse when she is involved in a club like richmond ffs
Never ever had a scandal down there....ever

Lol
Hypocrites the lot of them

Remove this Banner Ad

News 2017 St Kilda in the media

Remove this Banner Ad

Back