News 2017 St Kilda in the media

Remove this Banner Ad

Murphy - " so Jake i hear you snort a bowl of coke every morning"
Carlisle- " well i hear that your Mrs ****** *****?"
Murphy- " get f*****d im not shaking your hand" .

What a joke if that is gonna take up all the sports media for 4 days .
Both parties got involved in some over the top sledging.
Both clubs ( even Murphy) handled it ok and weren't gonna take it any further.
Just got spun out of control by the media to the extent where both clubs and Murphy had to make a statement.
All the media did was make it more embarrassing for Murphys wife by putting it all over the papers and tv.

Hopefully now the media will focus on Jesse Hogans battle and give him some support in what has been a terrible month for the poor bloke.
Instead of going round n round in circles trying to sensationalize victims and villians in a footy match.

AFL on there web site has said the sledge is done & dusted as far as they are concerned, jog on SEN sick & tired of KB banging on about it.
Good.
Its only human Nature for Carltank fans to think Saints players are dogs for sledging.
And for for us to vent our rage at Murphy for mouthing off to an obviously injured player.
Then life moves on and we go back to our usual hatred of each others clubs:D
Both footy clubs seemed happy to move on.
It was just the media filling up the newspapers 3 days later.

Saints have been involved in various nonsense a little bit this season:

Dempster supposedly retiring cos he didn't get selected
Joey timewasting against the Lions
Joey getting a 50m pen for saying "Soft Bump"
Now this

Obviously not saying that as a negative against the club or players. Just a shame to detract from what has been a very promising season so far.
Koby being suspended for tackling a bloke, getting praised by the commentators, being awarded a free kick by the umpire, and the player not being injured in any way. Meanwhile others punch players in the face and get off.

Journos saying Paddy should leave because he's going through the same process that pretty much every decent tall forward has gone through at some point early on in their career.

The last time we started to generate this kind of "Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children" type criticism, was precisely when we got out of our little box and became a threat in the competition. Simple, we are the club that everybody wants to stay small, weak, and victimised. They hate it when we succeed. It ruins the narratives of the Big 4, etc, etc.

It's one of the reasons I love barracking for this club. A high degree of sticking it to the man.

I like the attitude, but can't we be talented as well. Maybe a bit more "Clash".
hqdefault.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lost all respect for Caro after her 7 venomous articles in 7 days about the Saints a few years ago. Now that's media sledging
Same here.....never looked at her with the same level of respect after that sorry affair.

Last night was the final nail as far as I'm concerned....I was gob smacked at her "Sermon" last night.

Yep, horrible. The "good" news is that it has an extremely good recovery rate.
Just said that he is going in for the op today.
Wishing him all of the best for a complete recovery
Yes........a medical mate of mine says the break thru's these days with cancer treatments is fantastic....especially with Jesse's type of cancer.

He has my very best wishes.

Same here.....never looked at her with the same level of respect after that sorry affair.

Last night was the final nail as far as I'm concerned....I was gob smacked at her "Sermon" last night.
Meaning at one time you had respect for Caroline Wilson?.

She is not alone but how many of these journalists are straight arrows?. So many wear their allegiances to clubs and mates agendas openly, it is a joke.

At least you know you are listing to a party broadcast when Eddie is speaking.

I know many get into the game because they love the sport and are fans but please I stopped hoping for fair and balanced reporting so long ago I can't even remember when it was.

Just heard this on channel 9's news promo

"Marc Murphy will explain how sledgegate has hurt his wife"

Sledgegate. Jesus f**king christ.

The Melbourne media is a disgusting swarm of rats devouring anything they can and shitting out as much as possible, spreading festering disease wherever they can. The fact that these grubs can look at themselves in the morning as they put their cheap suits on and think they're off to do a good day's work is pathetic.

Just over this now. Totally unnecessary. You might claim that Saints get the rough end of the media pineapple but we know the score, as do the club which is why we have have had to be so quiet and proactive generating positive media. One tiny ripple and we're accused of destroying coastal cities in Sri Lanka. It's not fair. That's life.

Let's just not give them the ammo. Play well, move as a unit, give the bastards nothing, nothing. Even after our first next premiership, no tomfoolery, straight back to work and keep on beating the favourites, or die trying. When the well is empty, turn back to the media and the oppo fans and say "There's your minnow club you ****ing campaigners".

We are not permitted to be normal? So be it. Let's just get on with our business. Starting with the Swans this weekend.

Just heard this on channel 9's news promo

"Marc Murphy will explain how sledgegate has hurt his wife"

Sledgegate. Jesus f**king christ.

The Melbourne media is a disgusting swarm of rats devouring anything they can and shitting out as much as possible, spreading festering disease wherever they can. The fact that these grubs can look at themselves in the morning as they put their cheap suits on and think they're off to do a good day's work is pathetic.
Keep saying it Murphy was upset but everything after the game has been part of a campaign to get his wife on reality tv

I have to vent. Now Saint kilda is disrespectful to women and have no right to ask for a women's team! Let's ignore the fact that they have the first female coach.
Calling ONE, singular woman a **** or whatever, is disrespectful to that particular woman, not the entire female species !

I have to vent. Now Saint kilda is disrespectful to women and have no right to ask for a women's team! Let's ignore the fact that they have the first female coach.
Calling ONE, singular woman a **** or whatever, is disrespectful to that particular woman, not the entire female species !

Well that's ok then.

Don't worry we ain't getting a women's team anytime soon anyway

Remove this Banner Ad

News 2017 St Kilda in the media

Remove this Banner Ad

Back