2017 Trade & FA Targets Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is there anything that smells about the sheer profusion of sweetheart deals between Carlton and GWS?

Jaksch, Whiley, Lamb, Pickett, Sumner, Plowman, Marchbank, Palmer, Phillips and now Kennedy... sure they’re not all winners, but no one else seems to be able to deal with them that easily.
SOS loves potato and crab stew clearly.

With Luke Hodge going to Brisbane we are the youngest in the comp.

I am all for getting Sloane if it doesn't involve an early pick and/or young player. So ideally we get him next year as a FA.

I think it's too much to give up on our end for someone who's probably going to have a couple of good years before he tails off. Most mids don't make it to their mid thirties and still have a big impact.
Sloane is a star ... he would have 3 years at a minimum as a very very high qty mid then to finish up his career you could plonk him in the Joey role of this year or put him forward with short stints in the middle .. he adds class that we lack and with him in the team guys like Ross, Dunstan Billings, Gresh, Acres and Steele get some valuble leadership and experiance to work with and learn from ... realistically since Lenny retired we havent had any real hardend midfield experiance to call on .. Sloane brings that in spades ...

Prestia was pick 6
Pick 9 in the draft a proven young player and the tigers were in go mode.

The deal was 6 and a future second for Prestia and 24 which they flipped to Geelong for caddy, nice work.

Is he a star nah but they paid a buyers premium not two firsts.

OR just be smart about this and get Rocky as a FA. Rotate through mid and free up Sloane, Seb and Stuv. All 3 can be outside runners at different times.

Whydafaq aren't we throwing dosh at Rocky?
Interesting point. 1 month age difference. Sloane a better player but not a huge gap between the 2. Rocky reportedly turned down $950k a year from Port, so it would take some serious coin - but so would Sloane.

Would love Sloane but I think it's probably pie in the sky this year with Adelaide's situation.

Doesn't hurt to get in his ear though, which I'm sure we have for at least a couple of years now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok some big news fellas.... sort of.
I swear on my life that I have just heard from what I consider to be a reliable source. Rory Sloane is 50/50 on staying at crows or requesting a trade to stkilda
Sounds like the same stuff that was written about Kelly

Would love Sloane but I think it's probably pie in the sky this year with Adelaide's situation.

Doesn't hurt to get in his ear though, which I'm sure we have for at least a couple of years now.
Go hard for Sloane. Big Saints fan. I watch Rockliff a lot up here he is good but Sloane is way better.

Pick 9 in the draft a proven young player and the tigers were in go mode.

The deal was 6 and a future second for Prestia and 24 which they flipped to Geelong for caddy, nice work.

Is he a star nah but they paid a buyers premium not two firsts.

Seriously comparing Prestia to the names we are mentioning. Come off it. Nearly everyone to man said the Tigers overpaid. Do the supporters care now. Don't even know why I asked that question.

OR just be smart about this and get Rocky as a FA. Rotate through mid and free up Sloane, Seb and Stuv. All 3 can be outside runners at different times.

Whydafaq aren't we throwing dosh at Rocky?
perhaps we did talk to him .. perhaps he didnt meet our expectation or us meet his expectation ... either way if he isnt interested in us we aint going to get him and even if we did chuck the godfather offer to him i dont know if Rocky is the kind of bloke who you want in the team if he really doesnt want to be in the team other than for the money

:rolleyes:The irony of the supporter being critical of the guy because he isn't the perfect coach, because apparently he is critical of players not being perfect players. It's a good thing we're the perfect club, with the perfect board, perfect staff, perfect members, perfect supporters and a perfect record. A lot of glass houses here!
Fair and balanced.

Honestly would love gaff and Sloane but neither of then are worth two first rounders. Would happily do gaff for 7 and 8 and 13 back then sloane for 13 and our first next year with a pick back this year. Move on hickey/lonie for what we can get and trade up for the best pick point wise we can get.

If West coast or Adelaide want two first and nothing back then too bad Sloane a gun but doesn't fit the age profile and gaff is purely outside. There's nothing wrong with going to the draft.

2 first rounders should only be offered up for a star with the bulk of their career to come, 21-23 year olds. Treloar, lever, Kelly... yes.
if Sloane wants to go (and let be honest we are just guessing that he does) the crows will want a fair return for him i think a first rounder and steakknives does it ...
im trying to think who was the last Crows player that the Crows made their move difficult for ? i know Carlton and the crows couldnt reach an agreement for Gibbs but other than that i think the crows do respect the players wishes in regards to trades

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back