2017 Trade & FA Targets Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the exception of the trade whisperer dropping the Shiel bomb, and a little bit of noise around Gaff there's very little mention of the Saints in trades. I don't know whether that means we've got something really big up our sleeves or if we're going to the draft.

Personally, I'd be happy with Rockliff as a free agent, Hall for a future second, and take 7&8 to the draft for Naughton (ready to go) and O'Brian.

Sloane in next year after we make finals. Aim for a prelim in 2019.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
if Sloane wants to go (and let be honest we are just guessing that he does) the crows will want a fair return for him i think a first rounder and steakknives does it ...
im trying to think who was the last Crows player that the Crows made their move difficult for ? i know Carlton and the crows couldnt reach an agreement for Gibbs but other than that i think the crows do respect the players wishes in regards to trades
Agree that a 1st rounder and maybe a bit of mayo would be enough for Rory but I don't think the crows will come any where near biting that TBH. They'll want the farm, he's massively rated in Adelaide.

Honestly would love gaff and Sloane but neither of then are worth two first rounders. Would happily do gaff for 7 and 8 and 13 back then sloane for 13 and our first next year with a pick back this year. Move on hickey/lonie for what we can get and trade up for the best pick point wise we can get.

If West coast or Adelaide want two first and nothing back then too bad Sloane a gun but doesn't fit the age profile and gaff is purely outside. There's nothing wrong with going to the draft.
sorry im not interested in giving WCE two top ten picks for Gaff ... even if we get a first coming back no way why give them a leg up on top ten is over paying for a player of Gaff's quality

If this sloane business is for real, this is how I could see us getting it done...

STK: IN Sloane OUT pick 8, future 2nd
CARL: IN pick 17, future 2nd OUT Gibbs
ADE: IN Gibbs, pick 8 OUT Sloane, pick 17

Fair for all parties I think. We get Sloane and hopefully Cerra or a good mid with pick 7.

Seriously comparing Prestia to the names we are mentioning. Come off it. Nearly everyone to man said the Tigers overpaid. Do the supporters care now. Don't even know why I asked that question.
Richmond paid a first and a second for Prestia and caddy would you do that deal?.

I hope your not talking about gaff, I don't rate him as a class above Prestia.

With the exception of the trade whisperer dropping the Shiel bomb, and a little bit of noise around Gaff I don't know whether that means we've got something really big up our sleeves or if we're going to the draft.

Personally, I'd be happy with Rockliff, Hall for a future second and take 7&8 to the draft for Naughton (ready to go) and O'Brian.

Sloane in next year after we make finals. Aim for a prelim in 2019.

Going to the draft.

Interesting point. 1 month age difference. Sloane a better player but not a huge gap between the 2. Rocky reportedly turned down $950k a year from Port, so it would take some serious coin - but so would Sloane.
If Rocky is knocking back $950k deals then the world I am living in has gone completely, batshit, crazy

Sloane is a star ... he would have 3 years at a minimum as a very very high qty mid then to finish up his career you could plonk him in the Joey role of this year or put him forward with short stints in the middle .. he adds class that we lack and with him in the team guys like Ross, Dunstan Billings, Gresh, Acres and Steele get some valuble leadership and experiance to work with and learn from ... realistically since Lenny retired we havent had any real hardend midfield experiance to call on .. Sloane brings that in spades ...
Entitled to your opinion, I disagree with you, too much to give up for a team that is still building IMO.

Get him as FA or don't get him at all. I think if we're choosing between two top 10 picks and Sloane I'd go with the picks...I think it puts us in a better position long term.

Pick 9 in the draft a proven young player and the tigers were in go mode.

The deal was 6 and a future second for Prestia and 24 which they flipped to Geelong for caddy, nice work.

Is he a star nah but they paid a buyers premium not two firsts.

How were they in go mode when they were 13th last year, and just lost Deledio?

I would not pay two firsts on anyone but Kelly. If we got Sloane, it would have to be fairer than that.

Agree that a 1st rounder and maybe a bit of mayo would be enough for Rory but I don't think the crows will come any where near biting that TBH. They'll want the farm, he's massively rated in Adelaide.
the crows let Danger return home for Dean Gore pick 9 & 28. and Danger is/was higher rated than Sloane and in his prime... the crow did that as the return was better than they would get if he went as a FA .. same applies here except a year early

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find it hard to believe that Rory would walk out on the crows after a gf loss in which he under performed by his own standards. I don't think that Rory is that type.

I am prepared to believe that Rory has told the crows hierarchy that he wants to return to Melbourne next year, and that in particular he wants to get to the Saints.

On that basis Crows might actually want to send him across this year when the Saints hold a strong draft position, as there is more to leverage.

My apologies mate. Funny how some supporters take any sort of criticism towards the club so personally.
Funny that the club itself identified areas of improvement needed from coaching panel after this season and are going towards rectifying it.
I'll make sure I only mention positives from now on.
My apologies too. I'd hate to do a survey on St. Kida threads and how much we trash our own. I'm actually greatly optimistic about our future and the only way improvement comes is to identify our own failings, and I see the club, Richo and the other coaches doing their bit. Put it down to a knee jerk reaction to a lot of knee jerk reactions.

Richmond paid a first and a second for Prestia and caddy would you do that deal?.

I hope your not talking about gaff, I don't rate him as a class above Prestia.

No they paid 6 for Prestia and got a pick back. I think Caddy was a completely different trade. Just because they used that pick For caddy you cant say its the same deal. Gaff is much better than Prestia. Sloane shits on both of them and IMO is worth our 2 first rounders with Adelaide's coming back.

Entitled to your opinion, I disagree with you, too much to give up for a team that is still building IMO.

Get him as FA or don't get him at all. I think if we're choosing between two top 10 picks and Sloane I'd go with the picks...I think it puts us in a better position long term.
im not saying two top ten pick though ... for one top ten pick and steak knives then yeah .. there isnt a player available in the AFL at this moment worth two top ten picks now Dusty and Kelly have signed

the crows let Danger return home for Dean Gore pick 9 & 28. and Danger is/was higher rated than Sloane and in his prime... the crow did that as the return was better than they would get if he went as a FA .. same applies here except a year early

That year early is pretty important because bugger all stars are leaving under FA certainly with the SC increase.

yep but it's that 1 year after they've just lost the GF. They'll think with him they are a big chance for next year.

That year early is pretty important because bugger all stars are leaving under FA certainly with the SC increase.
the differance is unlike say Fyfe who really didnt want to go but used his FA as a way to get the deal he wanted if we are believing the stories so far then Sloane is wanting to come home so the likleyhood of him staying with his original club is much lower ... the Crows would know this so if it is true then the question is for the crows is what they can get this year going to be higher then what they would get next year ...

but its all just rumour at this point but its still fun to discuss

Going to the draft.

Great news hope we trade for players using other players to improve list also.

Only thing would offer Crows future 1st rounder for Sloane as he will be back here soon with wife getting
gig on Channel 7 anyway.
If they say no fine won't get a lot of support from Sloane other half going forward.

im not saying two top ten pick though ... for one top ten pick and steak knives then yeah .. there isnt a player available in the AFL at this moment worth two top ten picks now Dusty and Kelly have signed
What deal would you be okay with us doing ?

Let's say we ended up with

Hall for a player or future 2nd
Talia for nothing
Take picks 7 & 8 to the draft

We can't be too unhappy with that. The managers got our hopes up stating we're targeting big fish. No doubt we did and went hard, but they are almost impossible to pry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back