Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harley Balic
#24 Fremantle Dockers
Height: 187cm Weight: 82kg Position: Midfield, Forward
Last Drafted: Round 2, Pick #38 2015 National Draft by Fremantle Dockers
Contract Status: Out of contract at the end of 2017

This kid wants out of Fremantle and is already in Melbourne swap for Mav or Lonie

Don't know him, but why all the hype about him on Big Footy generally? He was only a pick #38, has done nothing at Freo, and has baggage.

Bombers no.1 dp was the RS. Do you expect Richo to play our no.1 when concussed?
Our no.26 didnt deserve to be played more and our no.39 was doing year 12.

But I suppose the Bombers and us were in the exact same position to compare.
I just feel that the ones that were performing in VFL needed to get plenty of games in the second half of the season, I also feel Long should've gotten a few more tries, i'm ****ing pissed we didn't blood young players enough and we still didn't get any advancement in seasons. Terrible team management.

Hear what you are saying gringo, but reportedly he is signing a 2 year deal @800k with GWS.

This was reported the offer months ago. So if he was driving up the offer for his client, it hasn't worked.

I don't know what his game is then because we can't all have imagined he was definitely coming. Maybe Kelly is a pathological liar and a drama queen who loves attention ten.

I stopped reading there. Hickey no spud mate. Had a shocking year with injury and form. Before that he was very good and waaay ahead of Longer.
Agree in 2016.Hickey done very well in the Ruck,and was even better around the ground.
And Savages second half this season was very valuable for us

Harley Balic
#24 Fremantle Dockers
Height: 187cm Weight: 82kg Position: Midfield, Forward
Last Drafted: Round 2, Pick #38 2015 National Draft by Fremantle Dockers
Contract Status: Out of contract at the end of 2017

This kid wants out of Fremantle and is already in Melbourne swap for Mav or Lonie

I reckon he'd be more like a Roberton type compassionate delisting. He comes with some issues that need fixing before he pulls on the boots.

I just feel that the ones that were performing in VFL needed to get plenty of games in the second half of the season, I also feel Long should've gotten a few more tries, i'm ******* pissed we didn't blood young players enough and we still didn't get any advancement in seasons. Terrible team management.

Long didn't show anything in his four games. The club was trying to make finals. I think we're not ready yet but if they think we are then why would they play kids ahead of more experienced guys?

Correct. In fact apparently he told GWS a while ago that he did not want them to revise their offer. He genuinely seems to not be trying to squeeze them for cash. However, that then does pose the question of why one earth he has taken so long to sign...

If, as someone on here reported, Connors has other players the Saints are interested in as well, could Kelly be waiting to see if we can get them before he finally decides? ie it might be hinging on us getting another player he would like to have added to the Saints' list?

It's just puzzling as to why he hasn't signed already if he was definitely staying with the Giants. I can't figure out a reason why he hasn't...it would just put all the unnecessary speculation to bed.

I just feel that the ones that were performing in VFL needed to get plenty of games in the second half of the season, I also feel Long should've gotten a few more tries, i'm ******* pissed we didn't blood young players enough and we still didn't get any advancement in seasons. Terrible team management.
5 debutants and another who had played one game got games this year.

Sandy were poor. Long deserved no more than he got.
You just want to gift unearned games to underperformers?

Now that is bad list management.

5 debutants and another who had played one game got games this year.

Sandy were poor. Long deserved no more than he got.
You just want to gift unearned games to underperformers?

Now that is bad list management.
Long would've been better than Mav for most of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon Connors has been playing everyone. I have a friend of a friend who is so very well connected with managers and players and he'd heard the Saints had him. I have seen pretty much the same thing from North and Carlton. I would suggest he has been telling every club the same thing with this guy telling my mate that we had an in principal agreement to a contract. Connors has basically been driving up his clients price and anyone that says they know definitively that they are favoured is probably full of shit unless they are Connors or Kelly.

The problem with that theory is he is staying for bugger all of what he could be getting and secondly clubs talk and I doubt very much a manager would do that especially with him staying. Reckon that theory has hairs on it and goes with all your posts on Conners.

Rookies man first year rookies.
Rookies cant play seniors.

5 debutants and you still complain.

Give me a list who should have got games and why that didnt.

I reckon only Rice was stiff. All the others got a taste.
Two or more spots open in 2018. They can grab them if they are good enough.

who ??? im sorry what young player was tearing it up in the VFL ? Long was average at best in VFL and when we did give him a shot at AFL he did nothing to retain his spot.... remember up until the last round we were still a chance for finals so gifting games to kids not ready wasnt high on our agenda

how i rate players is :
A+. Super Star - a player you would build a team around
A. Star - An AFL top ten player for his position (I.E you cant name 10 players better in that position)
A-. great player - a player that would be a walk up start in any other team
B. Good player - a player that has more good than bad games
C. GOP - a player who is about the mark has the odd good game
D. Development - player that is still developing
S. Spud - total dud

so going by this years team i have:
1 Hickey, Tom - S
2 Carlisle, Jake - A
Steven, Jack - A-
Gresham, Jade A-
Savage, Shane C
Ross, Sebastian A-
Dunstan, Luke B-
Acres, Blake B
Steele, Jack B
Montagna, Leigh RETIRED
Riewoldt, Nick RETIRED
Lonie, Jack C
Geary, Jarryn B
Billings, Jack A-
Newnes, Jack B
Roberton, Dylan A
Longer, Billy A
Gilbert, Sam B
Armitage, David S
Long, Ben D
Brown, Nathan C
Stevens, Koby C
Battle, Josh D
Bruce, Josh B
Membrey, Tim A-
Webster, Jimmy C
White, Brandon D
McCartin, Paddy D
Wright, Nathan S
Sinclair, Jack B
McKenzie, Daniel S
Minchington, Darren S
Marshall, Rowan D
Weller, Maverick C

Did we win the flag? We may have had one A grade player this year and that is it.

I'd say Rice is the only one who was probably really unlucky but you have to remember it wasn't until the last game finals were out. We have plenty of small backs too with not too many injuries.

If, as someone on here reported, Connors has other players the Saints are interested in as well, could Kelly be waiting to see if we can get them before he finally decides? ie it might be hinging on us getting another player he would like to have added to the Saints' list?

It's just puzzling as to why he hasn't signed already if he was definitely staying with the Giants. I can't figure out a reason why he hasn't...it would just put all the unnecessary speculation to bed.

Yeah, it is weird. It definitely does not seem to be a Dusty situation where he was trying to wring out every last dollar.

I can only think of 3 reasons for the delay:

a) He is negotiating a difficult clause in to the contract (which we will never know) such as an option to extend the contract at his own discretion (ie if he suffers a really significant injury which threatens his career / value, he then has the insurance of being able to extend to a long contract at GWS). This then takes away his main motivation for leaving now (ie the safety net of a long contract at another club, while also retaining the option to leave in 2 years).

b) He was waiting to ensure that the core of GWS stays together - ie, "so long as you retain Hopper, Whitfield, etc, I will stay". If they all left, then they are probably not in a premiership window in the short term so he may as well leave now.

c) He genuinely considered / is considering leaving.

Did we win the flag? We may have had one A grade player this year and that is it.

Who? Robbo or Ross? Probably both had A grade seasons but Ross in a bigger talent pool because of position.

I don't know what his game is then because we can't all have imagined he was definitely coming. Maybe Kelly is a pathological liar and a drama queen who loves attention ten.

Who said he was definitely coming? No one I know who has some sort of knowledge. His mates said he was more likely to stay. Surely rumours on BF don't make it definitely coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back