2017 Trade & FA Targets Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I ask what the word is about Kelly from the ITK's on your board?

Sure.

The feeling has been for a while that Kelly will stay at the Giants, with Carlton his preferred club should he have decided to leave.

No doubt some will laugh but the reality is we're very lucky to have some seriously ITK posters on our board. There are plenty all over the place who make things up for fun but I can honestly say some are the real deal and have proven as such over a long period of time.

Not everything they say is correct - people have to understand that things do change and can often change quickly. Naturally those who doubt and are keen to dismiss these posters will point to that which they got wrong to discredit...but its not always that simple.

Correct ridiculously water tight, nothing good can come from people knowing anything until it is official

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
But somehow you know "something big" is going to happen.

But conveniently cant say.

Excellent.

Saw on Twitter that apparently Carlton been enquiring about 3 for 7 and 8. I wouldn't do it straight but what about 8 and a future second for 3? They'd want 7 but still points value add up. Do they have any father sons next year to bid on? Probably able to get rayner at 3 if not him 2 of dow cerra and LDU should be there. And can still get someone at 7/8.

Adding onto that Weller and 7/8 to freo for 5 take naughton.

Overall could be 3,5 for 7,8 Weller and a future second. Id do it get a very good defender and a very good mid.
Like the idea but whoever has the top 4 picks will keep them - Rayner, Cerra, LDU and Dow(they are the 4 standouts in this years draft) - would be stupid to give away, even for a Lever.

Sure.

The feeling has been for a while that Kelly will stay at the Giants, with Carlton his preferred club should he have decided to leave.

No doubt some will laugh but the reality is we're very lucky to have some seriously ITK posters on our board. There are plenty all over the place who make things up for fun but I can honestly say some are the real deal and have proven as such over a long period of time.

Not everything they say is correct - people have to understand that things do change and can often change quickly. Naturally those who doubt and are keen to dismiss these posters will point to that which they got wrong to discredit...but its not always that simple.
Where have I seen something like this before?...

Kelly is still coming...
giphy.gif

Name some please.

OK I'll help.

Current situation is that we have misse dout on Martin, Fyfe and Kelly. They are the main or were the main OOC's.

What do we have?

Three first rounders plus a bucket of cash.

tradables with some kind of currency (dont ask how much) who could play in a 22

Hickey
Armo
Lonie

left field
Jack Newnes
Jimmy Webster
Shane Savage

What do we require.

1) Some more mature leadership. Most of our "leaders" are young. We lost three mature aged leaders in Dempster, Roo and Joey.

Do we look at teams with maturing players like Mitchell and Lewis last year that can play a year or two while the young players still develop?

Who do we look at? Sydney? Jack or Hannebery (stretch and would be in no.2 below probably)

Someone from the Hawks or Geelong?

Do we even need to go doewn this path?

2) Some outside run from our mids.

Who can do that for us?

A fit Jack Steven
Maybe Freeman not many other options

So do we look at someone like an Adam Saad who is quick and could link up well.

Or do we look at contracted players who are A graders but will cost us the high dp's?

Over to you campaigners

I'm not sure we need to go down the path of getting extra experienced players in for a year or two at the expense of actually giving some of our others - White, Rice, Battle, Marshall, Long etc some game time.

With Gears, Gilbert, Brown, Armo ( if still around) and even players like Newnes and Carlisle who have been around quite a few seasons, surely that is all the experience we need?

I don't want to see players languishing in the vfl without giving them a real go.

That said, we should be looking for a youngish B grade key defender IMO.
Sean Gregory (Coburg) named as fullback in VFL Team of the Year

Recruited From: Rupertswood/Calder Cannons/Essendon (AFL)
Date of Birth: 20-01-1994
Height: 197 cm
Weight: 92 k

Bingo.

Where have I seen something like this before?...

It's funny how each board has their own itk's saying the same thing to suit their own club. Perhaps some embellish what they were told or heard. Chinese whispers? Perhaps campaigners like Connors are playing all clubs to up their clients offers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cant help but think L Weller is a target once again. Would we trade pick 7 or 8 just to get the deal done? Personally I would. Exactly what we need & is ready to go .
Oh god I hope not.

Apart from being incredibly good looking and a fringe players brother, he really isn't that good.

Poor mans Sinclair.

When it comes to rumours and/or predictions I’ve always admired Zager and Evans.

Put em that far in the future that you will be long gone before anyone has the chance to call you out ;)

21 yo this year averaged 20 touches a game at 77% efficiency. Averaged almost 400 metres gained a game. He's exactly what we need.
Wait, we haven't finished hanging **** on the Weller we already have yet, let alone get another.

I haven't seen much of Freo this year so haven't taken much notice of how he has played (raw stats are nice, but they don't do it for me), but I haven't seen anything to date to suggest he is worth a first rounder. No idea what else Freo is holding but him and a 2nd, maybe.

Though in reality I'd be happier to go to the draft.

W2L - I couldn't reply to your old post because the thread is closed.

I am overseas at the moment so my mail isn't current, however yes - I did get a bit from that function I went to recently.

Confident that my Kelly mail is correct. 6 years (some talk of avoiding a Gibbs scenario). Agreed in May. Other terms of the contract agreed. HOWEVER, that doesn't mean he is coming! Just that if he comes, it is to the Saints as both Kelly and GWS are happy with the proposed deal. No idea what picks or players are involved. I was also told that Connors has other players who the Saints want and Kelly was waiting to see how that plays out before making a decision. Perhaps those other deals are sorted? Could be games by Connors to give Kelly an out if he stays. Not sure. That mail was not from the same contact.

Expect the game plan to change. Players are too stuffed to kick straight. The taxing nature of our game plan is killing them.

Apparently Joey didn't clean out his locker despite agreeing to retire. Things could have changed since then.

The other mail more recently is that Trout is looking to trade for a player that he should have picked up previously.

I also caught up with my Doggies contact before I left. Dodoro has old mates at the Bulldogs who were the reason that Cooney ended up there.... Same mates have been discussing things with Dodoro about Stringer. Someone posted something about Gordon the other day. I was told the same thing. Micro-manager and the real reason the Doggies are all over the shop. A lot of talk at the EJ game about the issues at the Doggies. Libba wasn't dropped for form...but will remain at the club. Hunter going nowhere. He was previously chased by Saints and GWS (Leon Cameron sweet talking his dad) but he is committed to Doggies. The other bloke looking around at the Kennel is Lucas Webb. Rated by the coaches but has told the club he wants more opportunities because he is too similar to a lot of players there. Some strong interest from other clubs. Doggies were going to take Long in the draft but are more than happy with Lipinski who they rate highly. I will leave all other Doggies mail to Nanganator who is clearly an ITK at the Kennel.

The war room is firmly locked this year. Water tight. I have never heard so little. Much like the way the Swans and Buddy kept things quiet. Buddy even allowed his "Buddy Boots" to be made in GWS colours as a smoke screen for the Swans deal (collector's items when he retires). I suspect the same smoke and mirrors is at play with the Saints this year.

Given the way MG has been attacked on this board, and given he is far more of an ITK than me - I will now retreat back under my rock and stick to PMs. Besides, the cost of data is killing me.

Have a safe trip mate, catch you for a round when you're back

Superb Intel BTW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heeney and mills untouchable and wouldn't want to leave either.
Florent on the other hand... Wouldn't mind dangling and extra 200k in front of him to come home

If we take on Tippett's salary then Florent or Haywood should be the targets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure.

I reckon Connors has been playing everyone. I have a friend of a friend who is so very well connected with managers and players and he'd heard the Saints had him. I have seen pretty much the same thing from North and Carlton. I would suggest he has been telling every club the same thing with this guy telling my mate that we had an in principal agreement to a contract. Connors has basically been driving up his clients price and anyone that says they know definitively that they are favoured is probably full of shit unless they are Connors or Kelly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back