List Mgmt. 2017 Trade & Free Agency Discussion thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last day dash:

Assuming Freo end up taking the Weller deal on offer - downgrade from 4 to 5 and pick up one of their 2nd rounders (we may need to pony up our 3rd)
Trade Goldy to GWS/Geelong/Bulldogs for a pick inside the top 30
Token pick or pick upgrade for Swallow to GC and Thomas to Adelaide

Walk into draft with a top 5 first rounder and three second round picks.

Wouldn't be surprised if we continued to sit on our hands though.

Trouble is, the people who post silly stuff believe it is worth discussing in the prime news thread.

Yeah, I know. No consideration for the standards of the board.

"I'll just drop this intellectual turd right here because I crave attention, too bad if people don't like it, they can just step over it."

In the meantime the rest of us have to continue dodging turds on our lounge room floor.

Yeah, I know. No consideration for the standards of the board.

"I'll just drop this intellectual turd right here because I crave attention, too bad if people don't like it, they can just step over it."

In the meantime the rest of us have to continue dodging turds on our lounge room floor.
you have to keep in mind not all of us are intellectual giants like your good self.

DAL SANTO: GOLDY STILL NO.1 AT ROOS

FORMER North Melbourne midfielder Nick Dal Santo says for as long as Todd Goldstein remains at Arden Street he will be the No. 1 ruckman.

While Dal Santo believes emerging reserve Braydon Preuss could take the next step there is "nobody better" than Goldstein when the season proper begins.

"If Goldstein is at that footy club, Goldy takes number one, Dal Santo told SEN Breakfast.

"No question, no question."

Goldstein has come under siege in recent years from Preuss and previously Dan Currie putting their hands up with blistering preseasons.

But the All-Australian ends up being Kangaroos coach Brad Scott's first option.

"Goldy has an amazing ability for the preseason to not be the best trainer, take this in the right context, but other ruckmen, Dan Currie in previous years has probably been the dominant ruckman for the whole summer," Dal Santo said.

"Bounce that ball round one (and) there is nobody better than Goldy.

"He just takes over and I know he didn't have a great year but when the footies come out he's ready to go."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

that i knew was a given :)

but i stand by the statement and i dont mind playing the devils advocate. we really dont have much stock to generate good picks as disappointing as it is.

so we go to the draft and have a crack at getting some midfield depth/flair, IMO we have plenty of defensive/Fwd stocks to go forward the next couple of years, start looking for a few replacements in these areas in 2019/2020.
He's 25. If he's not part of our next premiership push we've royally ****ed up.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Are Swallow and Thomas just going delisted and paid out?
There is no way we would do this. If they don’t find a new home then I’m pretty certain they will stay on the list. Most likely they will play in the VFL for most of the season.
Besides we have enough list spots to keep them without rocking the apple cart.

There is no way we would do this. If they don’t find a new home then I’m pretty certain they will stay on the list. Most likely they will play in the VFL for most of the season.

That's not the way it's sounding for LT.

He's 25. If he's not part of our next premiership push we've royally ****** up.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
i agree, which is why he would have the most currency, again i wouldn't do it for 2 good reasons, firstly along with Jy he is my favourite player to watch and more importantly why would you trade the heart of the team? and the bloke is in Phar Laps league with regard to this.

I think we would. I also think if we are upfront and pay them out they would likely agree rather than waste away in the VFL. Would also allow them to explore new ventures. Maybe Spitta gets a coaching role at GC, maybe LT gets a mentoring role with us or elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back