• Eric Hipwood

• Jonathan Freeman

• Jack Repath

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus christ Tom Lynch (GC) is squirming on live TV getting asked about his contract/future. Never seen anything that uncomfortable.
The few Gold Coast fans should probably prepare themselves for a 2019 without their Co-captain.

To be honest, I think with our culture, Stringer would need to adapt accordingly.
I love the guy and what he brings to the team, but Caddy is a bit of a DH. Sometimes you need a couple of cocky campaigners on your list, nothing wrong with that.
I like what Stringer could offer us in terms of X-Factor and scoreboard impact. Plus he can go through the middle if we need him to.

More competition for the likes of Townsend. With all do respect to GOATsend but if I had to pick between he and Stringer moving forward, Stringer gets the nod every time. Would need to buy in to the high pressure game style which I don't foresee to be an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caddy is a DH? If so not in the same DH league as Stringer. Still i agree Stringer has T'send covered...but a risk imo. If he doesnt buy into the whole place. Just think he has a fair FIGJAM air about him.

Ralphy's article about last years post season trade period on the HUN was pretty good. Totally agree with this:

By now it is well known they were able to rip required player Toby Nankervis out of Sydney with the bargain-basement selection of 46.

Imagine them without him this year, as Shaun Hampson battled a back injury, Ben Griffiths sidelined with concussed and Todd Elton came and went from the senior side with little impact.

We'd be Far queued without Nank this year. Probably the trade of the off season

Actually watching that right now. The one where Kramer gets cubans to make cuban cigars for him :D

Saw him live in New York couple months back...deadset legend pissed myself

We currently have Soldo & Hampson as back-up rucks after Nank. Given rucks are generally injury-prone creatures an extra cheap back-up may be an idea. Jake Spencer may be OK.
I am incapable of predicting how the game will evolve next year and beyond. We have done OK with just one key forward this year but still have our biggest tests ahead of us. I feel Callum Moore will be a possible 2nd forward/2nd ruck next year, probably ahead of Griffiths (depending on if that position makes a comeback or disappears). I have not been able to see Scache play so have no idea if he is worth looking at or not. Ditto Johnathan Freeman.

Stringer - Let's have a quick look at the no dickheads policy.
We can go as far back as Dan Connors, who I kept thinking was going to be the next big thing but was probably the original definition of dickhead. Were we disappointed to let him go?
That Robinson dickhead who went to Brisbane. He was a player we definitely could have used at the time but is anyone desperate to trade him in right now?
Jeff Garlett - got traded for SFA at the time, again we could have used that type of player at the time but would we want him right now?
Everyone still disappointed about not getting Harley Bennell?
What about that Eliot Kavanagh with the dickhead father who warned non-Essendon clubs not to take him? First round pick delisted after a couple of seasons...
Fevola to Brisbane, how did that one turn out?

Keep in mind guys, the names i have mentioned are warm now but shit changes fast just before and during trade week.

We are into Franklin , Dangerfield and Sloan.

Keep in mind guys, the names i have mentioned are warm now but shit changes fast just before and during trade week.

I think we should look at Matt Taberner. He has put off contract talks with the dockers and he would be a good insurance policy .
Can take a grab, athletic, willing tackler and can pinch hit in the ruck. TBH I would prefer him over Schache as he definitely won't cost as much.
With Stringer I just can't work out if he would be worth the risk.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lions axe free agent among five delistings

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-09-12/lions-axe-free-agent-among-five-delistings

THE BRISBANE Lions have delisted five players, including experienced defender Ryan Harwood and key forward Jono Freeman.
Midfielder Jarrad Jansen, utility Josh Clayton and rookie Blake Grewar have also been told by the Lions their contracts would not be renewed.

View attachment 415205
View attachment 415207
Just can't find the pill.

Not the worst player imo.

He is a poor mans Vlastuin.

f776f67e5912d8e0f688bd32b0123f67.jpg

Any worth looking at?
Five blokes delisted by the spooners? Let's get 'em all!

Ralphy's article... [snip] was pretty good.
I call BS.

Shache will be at the tigers first day of pre season.. His first days at Brisbane eforr becoming homesick he was winning all one on one match ups and he is a beautiful kick who can play ruck.. Get excited jack and shache with our smalls will turn our forward line into the envy of the competition over the next 3 years.. Just my opinion guys but where there's smoke there's fire and it is a fact he had a great relationship with Leppa, and leppa absolute loves him.. As a defender himself I think he'd know what makes a good tall forward

Caddy is a DH? If so not in the same DH league as Stringer. Still i agree Stringer has T'send covered...but a risk imo. If he doesnt buy into the whole place. Just think he has a fair FIGJAM air about him.
I think when he is traded the FIGJAM will go down by the pick swapped and the level of his salary the dogs will pay (if he is still contracted)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back