2017 trade hypothetical thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon would want something higher in the draft than 29 back

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
That's a ripper deal for Essendon - Pick 29 and a third round upgrade is quite good for Francis. Bulldogs are getting robbed, no way is Impey worth a 2nd rounder and a further downgrade.

I havent made up any rubbish.
Facts I've stated are you asked too much, and we didnt want to pay too much.

That and Gibbs has never been AA or B+F.

Put simply you want Adam Treloar value for a guy who is half as good and 6 years older.

All for a guy who has 0% chance of being in your next premiership tilt.
Now I love Adzy Treloar but reading your comments, I'm either:
a) flattered at how highly you rate Treloar
b) confused at how lowly you rate Gibbs

I don't see why Crows supporters would be against getting him aside from having to overpay Carlton. If they can fetch him for a reasonable price, I think it's a huge step towards a premiership. Would you agree?

I don't know how accirate my. Model is, its only going by what I've heard on trade radio and rumour mill and I've thrown in some stuff that's just wishful thinking.

received_10155640826732978.png

Since I made this GORE has been delisted.

And Francis plus 46 May be ambitious

Trade deals for Freo to wrap up early:
Hang onto Taberner;
Balic and 58 to melbourne for 45 and 63 (under for Freo);
Crozier and 45 to wb for 26;
26 to gws for Wilson (unders for gws);
55 to gc for matera (unders for gc who prob prefer 2018 3rd rd for 2018 4th back);
Leaves us 5, 40 and 63 and importantly all of 2018 picks.
Personally I would also take the deal offered by bl poster of 5 for 12 and 18 after Wilson snared if we could make it happen?

I don't know how accirate my. Model is, its only going by what I've heard on trade radio and rumour mill and I've thrown in some stuff that's just wishful thinking.

View attachment 425613

That's a very nice looking model...You're definitely an artist and most certainly not a cunning Linguist with the spelling and grammatical errors.
Just being facetious :p - I wouldn't even know where to start if I had to make a chart like that.

View attachment 425613

Doesn't look like a bad Free Agency for Adelaide if all of those ins happen for the known outs.

View attachment 425613

Most of it looks good but I think 16 is too much for Francis. I think Adelaide will ask for 18 for Cameron so they could swap 18 to Essendon to Francis and 46.

Then Adelaide give 16 and 46 to Carlton for Gibbs

Good trades for us - if we are nominated by these players.

EFC send Pick 11 to Dogs
Receive Stringer and Pick 25

EFC send Pick 28 to GCS for Saad

EFC send Pick 25 to GWS for Smith

Saad replaces Kelly
Stringer upgrades on Green
Smith replaces Watson
You should stop with the receive the dogs 2nd round pick crap with Stringer. im telling you 100% wont happen.

This tells us everything we need to know.

You're clearly upset we didn't cave to your advances, and the above is just garbage.

He was one of our most important players in 2017, and will remain exactly that in 2018.
You don't have any important players when you're finishing 16th. There's nothing important happening when you're finishing third bottom.

What is it possibly achieving keeping him? All the talk about "being less terrible" and needing leadership is just justifying the decision to not get talent for your future.

Most of it looks good but I think 16 is too much for Francis. I think Adelaide will ask for 18 for Cameron so they could swap 18 to Essendon to Francis and 46.

Then Adelaide give 16 and 46 to Carlton for Gibbs
We would prefer 16 but take 18.
18 would get us smith or saad. Carlton would want more for Gibbs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You mean other than the two or three things I've already pulled you up on?

Yeah...neither of these are facts.

I suggest you brush up on your knowledge of what constitutes a fact as opposed to an opinion.

There are plenty who disagree with you.
All you've really done is throw around a lot of passionate adjectives. You've been pretty light on actual facts.

Fact is he will be 29 before he plays again. No AA, 4th in B&F, all in a third bottom side. Will be retired before you play in another final.

You don't have any important players when you're finishing 16th. There's nothing important happening when you're finishing third bottom.

What is it possibly achieving keeping him? All the talk about "being less terrible" and needing leadership is just justifying the decision to not get talent for your future.

This is what Melbourne thought when they got rid of all their experience and just played kids. Haven't looked like making the finals since until this year and that's only because Roos traded in a lot of experienced players. You need to keep top end players to help the kids.

The same thing was said by so-called experts about Richmond. Trade out Riewoldt and Cotchin while they have currency and go to the draft. Looks like we did the right thing too.

This is what Melbourne thought when they got rid of all their experience and just played kids. Haven't looked like making the finals since until this year and that's only because Roos traded in a lot of experienced players. You need to keep top end players to help the kids.

The same thing was said by so-called experts about Richmond. Trade out Riewoldt and Cotchin while they have currency and go to the draft. Looks like we did the right thing too.

A poster came onto the Lions board suggesting that trading Zorko would be a good idea. Unbelievable

You want a rational discussion and then you put forward this garbage?

I'd invite you to try again, but we're now one year on from the beginning of this saga and you're still missing the point so I hold no hope that you are all of a sudden going to understand.

All you've really done is throw around a lot of passionate adjectives. You've been pretty light on actual facts.

The 'facts' have been presented ad nauseum. How many times must they be put forward?

You can continue to reject the true state of affairs, but that doesn't mean it hasn't been offered.

Fact is he will be 29 before he plays again. No AA, 4th in B&F, all in a third bottom side. Will be retired before you play in another final.

The only fact of any relevance to you should be that he's contracted for a further 2 years and won't be traded unless Carlton receive what they believe to be sufficient compensation.

You can huff and puff about all these other 'facts' you wish to put forward, but they have always been - and remain - completely irrelevant.

Now I love Adzy Treloar but reading your comments, I'm either:
a) flattered at how highly you rate Treloar
b) confused at how lowly you rate Gibbs

I don't see why Crows supporters would be against getting him aside from having to overpay Carlton. If they can fetch him for a reasonable price, I think it's a huge step towards a premiership. Would you agree?

I used Treloar as an example because thats the kinda trade currency Carlton wanted.

Treloar is better, and younger. So why would Gibbs be worth the same. Thats the point I was trying to make.

That is the ONLY reason we would baulk at getting him, the price from Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

2017 trade hypothetical thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back