List Mgmt. 2018-19 DFA & SSP Period (Midseason Draft after Round 10)

Remove this Banner Ad

This. The only reason we have a pick is because Pickett is out for the season.

We replaced Bugg's spot on the list by acquiring Gibbons, had one list spot left, then grabbed Cottrell once Pickett and Docherty went down. The information they are using is incorrect AFAIK.

If we'd pick someone else, Docherty would have been ineligible for the season unless we had another LTI. As it was, it seems Hirst was in our thinking for a second selection, and we opted not to roll the dice. I ******* hate our rookie picks... in fact I pretty much hate every rookie pick SOS has ever made in his career.

Which picks was he responsible for?
I think Tommy Papley is one of his, could be wrong though. I’d have him in navy in a heartbeat

I think Tommy Papley is one of his, could be wrong though. I’d have him in navy in a heartbeat
He was definitely in the building, but I'd like to get some idea of his personal successes, contributions and failures.

Can't recall seeing much of this bloke when he was at the Dockers.

Does he go hard at the contest or is he generally another plodder who will only fill in when other options are injured?
Goes hard, inconsistent disposal. Armfield 2.0 minus a smidge of pace and agility, though definitely a better stoppage player then Dennis.

If we'd pick someone else, Docherty would have been ineligible for the season unless we had another LTI. As it was, it seems Hirst was in our thinking for a second selection, and we opted not to roll the dice. I ******* hate our rookie picks... in fact I pretty much hate every rookie pick SOS has ever made in his career.

Yep, not sure why we wouldn’t have placed another on the LTI to free up another possible selection.

As it goes, Hirst falls to the 2nd round and if we were keen, he was ours.

Just like others, we could have passed if there was no one still on the board of interest.

Yep, not sure why we wouldn’t have placed another on the LTI to free up another possible selection.

As it goes, Hirst falls to the 2nd round and if we were keen, he was ours.

Just like others, we could have passed if there was no one still on the board of interest.
Docherty is on the LTI list, it's just that it doesn't automatically grant us a selection (we have to apply, I think). There's a separate list for season-long injuries, similar to the 'injury reserve' in US sports.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2018-19 DFA & SSP Period (Midseason Draft after Round 10)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back