2018 Best 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Let’s rile him up somehow then

I suggest Sic has a couple of words with him
Something along the lines of 'you can't be a true Ranga unless you are prepared to whack somebody'?

If Lovell hits his straps, expect him in ahead of Langers and Howe.

Bold prediction with Glass being starting 22 and on the field. I did like the look of him though, maybe it's not a bad bet.

I would hope we would persist with Glass. He showed enough for mine and is only going to get better playing at AFL level.

It's one of the reasons I was surpised we kept both Birch and Stratts at the end of the year. Playing them will likely rob someone like Glass some game time.

I hope by the end of the season the best 22 becomes:

FB: Hardwick, Brand, Birchall
HB: Sicily, Frawley, Burton

C: Smith, Mitchell, Morrison
Fol: McEvoy, Shiels, O'Meara

HF: O'Brien, Gunston, Impey
FF: Rioli, Roughead, Breust

Int: Lovell, Howe, Stratton, Hanrahan

Can't recall the line up, but what a do know is Jaeger kicked the sealer on the run to the Ponsford end from 50 & Birch won the Norm Smith with 32 touches and a goal off half back.

Sweet!
I'll take that....

What else have you got?

My footy withdrawals have started to kick in... happy to listen to stories of greatness. even if they haven't happened yet

Our best 22 without anyone 28 or older

B: Hardwick Brand Glass
HB: Burton Sicily Impey
C: Morrison Mitchell Shiels
HF: Schoenmakers Gunston Langford
F: Breust O’Brien Hanrahan
Foll: Ceglar O’Meara Howe
Cousins Lovell O’Rourke Whitecross

Emg: Pittonet Vickery Miles

Others: Willsmore, Nash, Heatherley, Lewis, 3 NDs, 4 RDs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FB: Hardwick Frawley Stratton
HB: Sicily Brand Birchall

R: McEvoy Shiels O'Meara
C: Glass Mitchell Smith

HF: Rioli Burton Gunston
FF: Breust Rough Puopolo

Int: Burgoyne, Impey, Howe, O'Brien

Emg: Ceglar, Lovell, Henderson

Depth: Schoenmakers, Duryea, Langford, O'Rourke, WhiteX, Morrison, Lewis, Pittonet, Heatherley, Miles, Vickery

Rookie List: Cousins, Hanrahan, Nash

If Lovell hits his straps, expect him in ahead of Langers and Howe.

Bold prediction with Glass being starting 22 and on the field. I did like the look of him though, maybe it's not a bad bet.
What does Lovell bring in your opinion?

Would like to see McEvoy and Cegs in the team. Having Cegs parked at FF will I am sure assist our crumbers and provide Rough and the other medium to tall forwards with a weaker defender.

Not srue we can play all three fo TO, Cegs and Schoey in the same side, so will be interesting to see who gives way, if all three are fit...

Agreeing but how often have those three actually been available together?

What does Lovell bring in your opinion?

Explosive speed out of a stoppage, the ability to win his own contested ball and evasive skills that make him hard to tackle.

He's not quick over 100 metres but over 20 I'd say he's arguably the quickest on our list. I don't think he'll get ahead of Howe but he does provide attributes our side was lacking.

Explosive speed out of a stoppage, the ability to win his own contested ball and evasive skills that make him hard to tackle.
Funny that you use that description for Lovell as this is exactly how I'd describe Jarman Impey!

Of Impey, I'd also add that he's defensively responsible & loves a 1%er & defensive pressure acts.

I'm really going that we turn him into an outlet player at stoppages, rather than pigeon-hole him as a small forward

Funny that you use that description for Lovell as this is exactly how I'd describe Jarman Impey!

Of Impey, I'd also add that he's defensively responsible & loves a 1%er & defensive pressure acts.

I'm really going that we turn him into an outlet player at stoppages, rather than pigeon-hole him as a small forward
With the amount of depth we have in the small forward role i hope we use him as a rebounding defender to be honest. Or at least try him in that role and see how he goes for us.

With the amount of depth we have in the small forward role i hope we use him as a rebounding defender to be honest. Or at least try him in that role and see how he goes for us.
Could rebound by adding run/carry but I don’t think he’s real creative or ultra-reliable by disposal.

FB: Stratton.......Brand.........Hardwick
HB: Sicily..BURTON...Frawley...Birchall

Ce: Shiels..........Mitchell...........Smitty
Foll: BigBoy.......O’Meara.........J Impey

HF: Gunston.......Roughy.........Brooster
FF: .........Rioli........T O’Brien.............

I/C: Popeye....Burgoyne....Howe.....Glass

Emergencies: 3x of: O’Rourke / Henderson / Langers / Doc

BURTON: I’d like someone to line up ‘unmanned’, on the back of the square, charging forward (maybe in a pre-defined running path) at Centre Bounces. Burton would be perfect for this. With our zonal & adaptive defence, he’d have the ability to follow the ball forward (stopping at our HF line), then track back as required.

In short - I see Burton as a partial replacement for Hodge, but In largely an attacking sense as I can see 7x Defenders being a hugely positive recipe for Massive Attack (best band ever!;)) if One (Burton) could move forward with the play & help set up that wall behind the ball. This should probably transition to Sicily over time, but he doesn’t have the temperament yet.

The added beauty of that HB line is that any of Sicily, Burton or Frawley could be expected to win a 1-on-1 & with the extra there, we orchestrate an immediate outlet, with the disposal potency of Sicily/Burton/Birchall.

FB line has stoppers across the line, of which all 3x have shown aerial ability & a want to rebound by run or by foot. All 3x have reliable disposal, with Hardwick’s being exceptional.

Fox showed superstar: Tom Mitchell and showed the Adelaide (oval) game where it showed the importance of Birchall before he reiinjured. Really hope we get him back permanently in the best 22

Our best game for the year I think.

Funny but they also showed r17 v Geelong which was strange. I. Thought it was meant to be Mitchell:superstar not chamberlain:superstar

Remove this Banner Ad

2018 Best 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Back