Competitions 2018 Brisbane Lions BF QUIZ - Congratulations to BigCat2!

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems a bit easier this year...
Some of the questions ended up with a small potential list of answers, e.g. dividing up players by draft year, which really narrowed it down. I'm sure it's got nothing to do with being a rush job, getting it up three days before the start of the season. :D

Having said that I've been reliably informed that the easiest ones occur in a seven year cycle, starting at 2010.

Some of the questions ended up with a small potential list of answers, e.g. dividing up players by draft year, which really narrowed it down. I'm sure it's got nothing to do with being a rush job, getting it up three days before the start of the season. :D

Having said that I've been reliably informed that the easiest ones occur in a seven year cycle, starting at 2010.

Wasn't a slight on you. Just an observation that if you'd won last year, you'd have really earned it.

Wasn't a slight on you. Just an observation that if you'd won last year, you'd have really earned it.

IMO 2017 was the first easy one, because one of the most consistent competitors got taken out of the pool and into the administration of the quiz.

With the final Brownlow results (congrats to Beams for his top 8 finish, and Cam for getting Brownlow votes in his debut year), the final quiz results are out...

Congratulations to BigCat2 for his second quiz victory!

Scores:
1 BigCat2 175
2 Jivlain 170
3 blynd_freddie 166
4 spotthedog1 164
5 KissKiss 163
6 Gibbo_88 161
7 Dlions 160
8 Cooties 157
9 Keays2myBeamas 152
10 Scubaveg 151
11 Fatcat08 150
12 WA Lion 149
13 trikster 144
14 BrizzyFan12 143
14 Dylan12 143
16 fanackapan 128

He polled strongly at the death, getting points for nailing Beams leading our Brownlow count with 18 points, Cam getting Brownlow votes on debut, being within the margin on our overall total and getting four out of five of the B&F players correct, including Martin and Andrews in 3rd and 5th!

And now post-season update 1, with it crazy tight at the top:

1 blynd_freddie 146
2 Jivlain 145
2 Dlions 145
4 Cooties 142
5 BigCat2 140
6 KissKiss 138
7 Scubaveg 136
7 Fatcat08 136
9 spotthedog1 134
10 Gibbo_88 133
11 WA Lion 132
11 Keays2myBeamas 132
13 Dylan12 126
14 trikster 124
15 BrizzyFan12 120
16 fanackapan 114

• Despite there being six Supercoach scores in the 140s between Martin, Beams and Zorko, Hodge pipped them all with a 164 against Hawthorn... ensuring no one got points.
  • McInerney managed to win a tight contest for the 2016 draftee goal kicking over McCluggage and Berry, again ensuring no one got points.
  • Fatcat08 topped the Round 23 team tipping with a stunning 19 out of 22, failing only on injuries to Witherden and Cameron, and Mayes dropping off a cliff.
  • To the three people who got both of the suspension totals right, I'm impressed. I thought this would've been the hardest of all of the questions at the start of the year.
  • The most games and goals for players with a shared initial of their first name was an easy D, but the most games and goals for last named players beginning with M caught a few out on the games and everyone out on the goals. McInerney again, I bet (plus McStay moving back forward).

Sheesh, once again the 'minor premier' goes down! Oh well only two bods ahead of me on the 2018 podium.
Congrats to the Big C and dlanod for ensuring the perpetualness of the comp to you, :thumbsu: - to those that finished 4th or worse... ;)
tong1.jpg

Whoa that was entirely unexpected...I would like to thank BigFooty, Channel 7 and dlanod for my victory.

Is past history is any guide, I better sit out next year's edition as I'd be shoe in for the wooden spoon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back