2nds 2018 Casey Demons Thread - Grand Finalists

Remove this Banner Ad

Dawned on me the other day while in the thread for the practise game, that we haven't got a thread set up for Casey this year.

Exciting season ahead for the mens, as well as the woman because now we have a Casey side in the VFLW. (although most melbourne stars will be a darebin)

Here's our VFLW list for 2018, with our 2018 AFLW players in bold. Sarah Lampard won't be playing, of course, after doing her ACL against the Doggies. Interesting to note that her aside there are twelve Dees, recalling there was a suggestion that no VFLW team would be able to play any more than twelve AFLW listed players in in any one match - don't believe any of the others are listed at other AFLW clubs, none of the names immediately leap out at me as such.

Should have a pretty good backline with Meg, Bianca, Laura, Katherine and Harriet. And I'm pleased to see Cat Phillips is playing with us and not Melbourne Uni - might not spend the year slipping off interstate and overseas to play Ultimate Frisbee and actually get some footy matches into her. :)

Bit of a problem for me, though, being a long time Falcons fan - who do I support when Darebin play Casey! :think:

1 Tegan Cunningham
2 Meg Downie

3 Ruby Clayton
4 Chantel Emonson
5 Stacey Poke
6 Amanda Mcdonough
7 Bianca Jakobsson
8 Sarah Lampard

9 Alicia Johnson
10 Kate Hore
11 Laura Duryea

12 Georgia Mclean
13 Katherine Smith
14 Taryn Orgill
15 Sophie Phillips
16 Casey Sherriff
17 Cara Moody
18 Kaila Bentvelzen
19 Jasmine Grierson
20 Claudia Whitfort
21 Harriet Cordner

22 Kasey Guttridge
23 Georgia Gourlay
24 Nicole Garner
25 Maddie Shevlin
27 Amy Harrison
29 Eden Zanker
30 Amy Marshall
35 Cat Phillips

Here's our VFLW list for 2018, with our 2018 AFLW players in bold. Sarah Lampard won't be playing, of course, after doing her ACL against the Doggies. Interesting to note that her aside there are twelve Dees, recalling there was a suggestion that no VFLW team would be able to play any more than twelve AFLW listed players in in any one match - don't believe any of the others are listed at other AFLW clubs, none of the names immediately leap out at me as such.

Should have a pretty good backline with Meg, Bianca, Laura, Katherine and Harriet. And I'm pleased to see Cat Phillips is playing with us and not Melbourne Uni - might not spend the year slipping off interstate and overseas to play Ultimate Frisbee and actually get some footy matches into her. :)

Bit of a problem for me, though, being a long time Falcons fan - who do I support when Darebin play Casey! :think:

1 Tegan Cunningham
2 Meg Downie

3 Ruby Clayton
4 Chantel Emonson
5 Stacey Poke
6 Amanda Mcdonough
7 Bianca Jakobsson
8 Sarah Lampard

9 Alicia Johnson
10 Kate Hore
11 Laura Duryea

12 Georgia Mclean
13 Katherine Smith
14 Taryn Orgill
15 Sophie Phillips
16 Casey Sherriff
17 Cara Moody
18 Kaila Bentvelzen
19 Jasmine Grierson
20 Claudia Whitfort
21 Harriet Cordner

22 Kasey Guttridge
23 Georgia Gourlay
24 Nicole Garner
25 Maddie Shevlin
27 Amy Harrison
29 Eden Zanker
30 Amy Marshall
35 Cat Phillips
As a Williamstown fan i share the pain as i do support Casey as well now. My rule is to always default to my first love when they play each other

As a Williamstown fan i share the pain as i do support Casey as well now. My rule is to always default to my first love when they play each other

Wise words. :)

I suspect I'll lean towards Darebin, they do take precedence over Casey by your philosophy. However if it was the Melbourne Demons v Darebin Falcons it would be more of a quandary, Melbourne are my first football love, but not, obviously, for women's football where Darebin came first.

Tassie born and bred before moving to Melbourne.. if Tassie got a team Id support them, but never against the Dees

Corey Wagner playing for Casey. Yes, brother of. Norf delisted him last year.

Hopefully we're eyeing him off as a late draft / rookie selection later in the year. Multiple Wagners. Tremendous.

I thought he was a high draft pick and had only been in the system a couple of years?
Edit: he was pick 41 and spent two years with Norf.
Yeah, Corey was in the Lions academy, and I believe the Lions were looking at both, but didn't want to match North's bid, and we took Josh before them (not that I'm sure they were going to take him)

I saw both in the NEAFL, and always thought Josh was the better of the two, albeit a few years older so a bit better equipped to play the bigger bodies.

CASEY DEMONS 2018 VFL DRAW

Round 1: Coburg vs Casey Demons (Sunday 8 April 1:00 PM) AWAY
Round 2: Werribee vs Casey Demons (Saturday 14 Apr 7:00 PM) AWAY
Round 3: Richmond vs Casey Demons (Sunday 22 Apr 2:00 PM) AWAY
Round 4: Casey Demons vs Geelong (Saturday 28 Apr 7:00 PM) HOME
Round 5: BYE
Round 6: Casey Demons vs Box Hill (Sunday 13 May 2:00 PM) HOME
Round 7: Frankston vs Casey Demons (Saturday 19 May 12:30 PM) AWAY
Round 8: Port Melbourne vs Casey Demons (Saturday 26 May 2:00 PM) AWAY
Round 9: Williamstown vs Casey Demons (Sunday 3 Jun 2:00 PM) AWAY
Round 10: Casey Demons vs Collingwood (Saturday 9 Jun 2:10 PM) HOME
Round 11: BYE
Round 12: Casey Demons vs Coburg (Saturday 23 Jun 1:00 PM) HOME
Round 13: Essendon vs Casey Demons (Saturday 30 Jun 12:00 PM) AWAY
Round 14: Casey Demons vs Norf Melbourne (Saturday 7 Jul 1:00 PM) HOME
Round 15: Casey Demons vs Footscray (Sunday 15 Jul 2:00 PM) HOME
Round 16: Geelong vs Casey Demons (Saturday 21 Jul 3:30 PM) AWAY
Round 17: BYE
Round 18: Casey Demons vs Northern Blues (Saturday 4 Aug 1:00 PM) HOME
Round 19: Casey Demons vs Sandringham (Saturday 11 Aug 1:00 PM) HOME
Round 20: Box Hill vs Casey Demons (Saturday 18 Aug 2:00 PM) AWAY
Round 21: Casey Demons vs Williamstown (Saturday 25 Aug 4:00 PM) HOME

Yeah, Corey was in the Lions academy, and I believe the Lions were looking at both, but didn't want to match North's bid, and we took Josh before them (not that I'm sure they were going to take him)

I saw both in the NEAFL, and always thought Josh was the better of the two, albeit a few years older so a bit better equipped to play the bigger bodies.
I actually think Josh has been good this year. Really can't remember him doing too much wrong. I still think he should make way for Frost so we can get the best out of Lever, but Wagner is definitely the whipping boy now Watts has gone.

I actually think Josh has been good this year. Really can't remember him doing too much wrong. I still think he should make way for Frost so we can get the best out of Lever, but Wagner is definitely the whipping boy now Watts has gone.
I agree. His first half v Geelong was meh but since then he has been very good.

On form I'd be dropping Hunt.

Casey paying $14 for the premiership (7th favourite). I would have thought they'd have a crack at the premiership if we have a good run with injury given our depth at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree. His first half v Geelong was meh but since then he has been very good.

On form I'd be dropping Hunt.
Yeah I’d be dropping Hunt on form but structurally I think he stays. He has leg speed which is critical, and id like him up on the wing. I’d almost drop Salem for Frost but I think we also need the agility and versatility he brings.

Wagner might be unlucky this week but it won’t be any other reason than that. I just think we’d be too one paced with Frost & Wagner and I think Frost is a must to be play this weekend due to the Waite & Brown dilemma.

Yeah I’d be dropping Hunt on form but structurally I think he stays. He has leg speed which is critical, and id like him up on the wing. I’d almost drop Salem for Frost but I think we also need the agility and versatility he brings.

Wagner might be unlucky this week but it won’t be any other reason than that. I just think we’d be too one paced with Frost & Wagner and I think Frost is a must to be play this weekend due to the Waite & Brown dilemma.

Of all the weird things to accuse frost of calling him slow takes the cake. Might be the quickest on the list. At worst top 3 with Garlett and Hunt.

The game will kick off at 1:00pm on Sunday at Piranha Park in Coburg.

Round 1 Team Selection:

B: Dion Johnstone, Declan Keilty, Harry Petty
HB: Jayden Hunt, Cam Pedersen, Mitch Hannan
C: Oskar Baker, Corey Maynard, Billy Stretch
HF: Charlie Spargo, Joel Smith, Jay Kennedy Harris
F: Tim Smith, Sam Weideman, Lochie Filipovic
Foll: Mitch King, Angus Brayshaw, Harley Balic
I/C: Corey Wagner, Jaxon Briggs, Jay Lockhart, Mitch Gent, Mykelti Lefau, Angus Scott, James Munro, Mitch White, Mitch Lewis

Round 1 Team Selection:

I/C: Corey Wagner, Jaxon Briggs, Jay Lockhart, Mitch Gent, Mykelti Lefau, Angus Scott, James Munro, Mitch White, Mitch Lewis
Good seeing Brayshaw and Balic named as the two onballers. Interesting to see Pedersen and J Smith switched around. Confusing to see Hannan named at half back. Annoying seeing Hunt named at half back flank.

Round 1 Team Selection:

Bloody strong side!

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds 2018 Casey Demons Thread - Grand Finalists

Remove this Banner Ad

Back