News 2018 Finals ticketing info and questions (See the other thread for ticket trading)

Remove this Banner Ad

Would love to see a breakdown of ticket allocations.

Imo Prelims should be a game for the people. Save the corporate allocation rubbish for the Grand Final.

There should be 100000 Collingwood, Richmond, AFL and MCC members there Friday night. No tickets should be going to anyone else if there is a Collingwood or Richmond member willing to buy it.

The regular fans get screwed over enough in Grand Final ticket allocations. No need to extend the ripping off of regular fans to the prelim

The breakdown for preliminary finals are;

40,000 for club members
18,000 for afl members
22,000 for mcc
20,000 for corporates

Looks like the preliminary final is becoming for like the gf except that Collingwood legends members and Collingwood club support afl gold members are not guaranteed a ticket until the grand final

I'm not sure I'll recover form this.

I can't believe it. I've never had an issue getting a ticket.

Honestly I'm so numb I don't even think I care if we win.

I’m the same. I’ve never been unable to go to a Pies match in my life. Coming up on 30 years as an AFL Member, 26 years as Gold. Then get treated like this.

I’m going to spend any free time today screen shotting all those tickets advertised on Gumtree and eBay that are in the AFL Members and send them through to the membership dept asking for them to be stripped of their membership.

The breakdown for preliminary finals are;

40,000 for club members
18,000 for afl members
22,000 for mcc
20,000 for corporates

Looks like the preliminary final is becoming for like the gf except that Collingwood legends members and Collingwood club support afl gold members are not guaranteed a ticket until the grand final
20k corporate is ridiculous. What makes prelims brilliant is the passion from diehard fans.

One of the lucky ones that go through today and got a ticket, yet ridiculous that being a Gold Pies member had nothing to do with it, just pure luck. But i'm still angry and annoyed for all long term and Gold Pie members that missed out. Ridiculous system, but all the AFL care about is the $$$.

Exactly right. The afl must change this system next year! Been a afl member for 22 years and a full gold afl member for 16 years. All finals gold members with club support are to have first preference for the first 60 minutes they go on sale then after 10 it goes to other gold members then from 11 goes to silver members. When they have 20,000 afl member seats why the hell is it reduced to 18,000 for finals and 15,500 for grand final. If the pies make the grand final and I don’t get a gf ticket I’m going to be a legends member. Change the rules afl not just for afl members but for club members. Bloody disgrace that legend members did not get a ticket but can get a grand final ticket. 3 game members should not have access to finals tickets and should revert back to general admission if their are still tickets available on Thursday

Not to stoke the fires of rage any more but a Richmond 1 game member had as much right to buy a ticket from the Collingwood allocation yesterday as a 50 year Collingwood legends member. If that doesn't tell you the system is fundamentally wrong then nothing will

Not to stoke the fires of rage any more but a Richmond 1 game member had as much right to buy a ticket from the Collingwood allocation yesterday as a 50 year Collingwood legends member. If that doesn't tell you the system is fundamentally wrong then nothing will

This was the screen after entering a valid Collingwood membership.

You’d think that it would automatically direct you to the Collingwood allocation exclusively, and not allowing Richmond membership holder into those sections.

One wonders would the season ticket membership of another of the 16 clubs have worked yesterday morning ?

B5066_D07_AD24_45_EB_8_C4_B_E47_CE7_D0_B29_E.png

You’d think that it would automatically direct you to the Collingwood allocation exclusively, and not allowing Richmond membership holder into those sections.

One wonders would the season ticket membership of another of the 16 clubs have worked yesterday morning ?

I don't think so because it recognised my barcodes as being Collingwood adult barcodes. But I have no idea why that can't be used to choose the Collingwood allocation as the default and to stop teams from choosing the other allocation

How unprofessional.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And now we have our club selling tickets for $10 through, guess who, for the live site on Friday night.

Are the club as silly as the AFL?
I don’t think they have a choice as to who they sell them through, this isn’t the fault of the club.

Good on them for putting on a live site at all

I just think Ticketek are a disgrace and the club should be taking a stand on this themselves.
I agree with you, Ticketek and Ticketmaster are absolutely terrible and deserve all the vitriol in the world.

The biggest ticket scalper of all is the AFL - they package up a $50 lunch and then sell/market it for however many hundreds of dollars.

It seems every 3rd ad on the radio is a corporate "giving" away tickets to the Grand Final.

Despicable the game has been sold out to corporate's at the expense of the regular AFL die hard fan.

The biggest ticket scalper of all is the AFL - they package up a $50 lunch and then sell/market it for however many hundreds of dollars.

It seems every 3rd ad on the radio is a corporate "giving" away tickets to the Grand Final.

Despicable the game has been sold out to corporate's at the expense of the regular AFL die hard fan.

Yep, I went to my only Grand Final and paid $3000 for 2 x West Coast Corporate tickets (didn't even go to the dinner as I was working), mate flew all the way back form Thailand (Saints Supporter) and paid for his Ex to go to Thailand for their kids... What did we get a drawn 2010 grand final and neither was able to celebrate winning the premiership!!!

Yep, I went to my only Grand Final and paid $3000 for 2 x West Coast Corporate tickets (didn't even go to the dinner as I was working), mate flew all the way back form Thailand (Saints Supporter) and paid for his Ex to go to Thailand for their kids... What did we get a drawn 2010 grand final and neither was able to celebrate winning the premiership!!!
I got a ticket to the 2010 GF replay.....and gave it to my dad, who was a long suffering Pies supporter.

He got to enjoy the day and I didn't get to go, but I don't regret it at all.

I better get looked after in his will ;)

Would love to see a breakdown of ticket allocations.

Imo Prelims should be a game for the people. Save the corporate allocation rubbish for the Grand Final.

There should be 100000 Collingwood, Richmond, AFL and MCC members there Friday night. No tickets should be going to anyone else if there is a Collingwood or Richmond member willing to buy it.

The regular fans get screwed over enough in Grand Final ticket allocations. No need to extend the ripping off of regular fans to the prelim

This is the stupidity of it, I'm guaranteed a seat at the Grand Final should we make it.

It's utterly f**king ridiculous that I'm guaranteed a seat at the Grand Final but not the Prelim.

This is the stupidity of it, I'm guaranteed a seat at the Grand Final should we make it.

It's utterly f**king ridiculous that I'm guaranteed a seat at the Grand Final but not the Prelim.

Well if Collingwood make a grand final and no Collingwood gold members get a ticket then I have a feeling a lot will be jumping over to the legends membership. More expensive but Atleast it gaureentees a grand final ticket and you sit with the magpie army

Remove this Banner Ad

News 2018 Finals ticketing info and questions (See the other thread for ticket trading)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back