News 2018 Finals ticketing info and questions (See the other thread for ticket trading)

Remove this Banner Ad

The AFL are always in charge Maggie5.

Corrupt to the core.

We are all slowly being scammed into higher membership fees, transaction fees, poorer service, and then when it really matters at finals time the whole thing falls apart by design because everyone who shouldn't be getting access is now getting access to improve profits.

For all those complaining at least you bloody got a ticket.

Legends member and AFL member here, could not get through until it was sold out both days now. My dad is a 50+ year life member of CFC and never misses a game in Melbourne he can't go to the game cause some jackass with a 3 game membership or non-competing AFL membership got in first. What a joke this is.
A 50 year member? Maybe try writing to the club?

HOW CAN IT BE SOLD OUT

F**KKKKKKKKK

I should have bought a ticket yesterday when I had the chance. Devastated right now
Without sounding like a d*ck but people who were greedy and thought they could do better due to seating position or price today were dreaming. If the tickets sold out so fast yesterday it was always going to be harder to get a ticket today with less allocated seating available and demand being much higher. With the onselling of tickets for profit every AFL member was going to try and get a ticket. I've seen 5 people on my Facebook so far in the 30 minutes they've been sold out attempting to sell their tickets for a profit. It's unfortunate and wrong but hopefully this fiasco will force significant change. Members like myself who pay $1000 a year should be guaranteed a ticket over 3 game member. If price isn't an issue you can pick up tickets between 300-750 each depending on where you choose to sit.

If you're a Gold AFL member of a competing club you shouldn't miss out.

My brother is a Gold Richmond and for the Carlton and Nth elimination finals a few years' ago I got shut out trying to get tickets for him with his card. I got shut out today as well and have been queing for him since 9 on the dot... it wont even give me a single standing room ticket!
I wrote an email on both occasions about how disappointed I was and the AFL membership department organised some level 2 seats for us.
I believe they expect this... I'll be writing another email today.

You can email the afl membership department at membership@afl.com.au and quote your barcode number.

I'll shoot one through I guess and see what happens.

Thanks

I'm just...gutted. I'm not sure I've ever been this devastated in my life.

They won't thought because people will kick up a fuss that they bought into AFL membership for the right to attend whatever games they wish.

That's negated by the fact that they do it for the Grand Final

Without sounding like a d*ck but people who were greedy and thought they could do better due to seating position or price today were dreaming. If the tickets sold out so fast yesterday it was always going to be harder to get a ticket today with less allocated seating available and demand being much higher. With the onselling of tickets for profit every AFL member was going to try and get a ticket. I've seen 5 people on my Facebook so far in the 30 minutes they've been sold out attempting to sell their tickets for a profit. It's unfortunate and wrong but hopefully this fiasco will force significant change. Members like myself who pay $1000 a year should be guaranteed a ticket over 3 game member. If price isn't an issue you can pick up tickets between 300-750 each depending on where you choose to sit.
This is why I support the AFL doing tighter membership checks.

This selling shit must stop

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tickets on Gumtree for those wanting them! Prices not inflated at all! :rolleyes:

I bought scalped tickets for the 2010 Grand Final Draw and Replay.

$900 and $650

tenor.gif

They won't thought because people will kick up a fuss that they bought into AFL membership for the right to attend whatever games they wish.
But that doesn't apply for the GF where competing club support gets priority.

My plan was to drop my Legends' membership when my AFL gold comes through, probably before next season, but I think I'll keep both for now. The smart thing may be to downgrade the Legends' membership as there is no advantage for the PF, for example, in being a Legend.

The number of people who now can't go because they're working selling their tickets on Gumtree and eBay!

Lets take an example...

"I have two afl reserve seat tigers v pies fo Friday night this is now sold out. I can no longer attend due to working. Feel free to make an offer
Text only do not call I can’t answer phone at work
Seats are level 1 M16 side by side"

This ad went up within half an hour of tickets going on sale this morning for AFL members.

Just amazing, only after he purchases his ticket does he become aware he is working that night.

Reading about non competing club AFL members that got tickets and many here missed out.

I don't get it, if the Pies, weren't playing I would much rather watch at home as not fair to members whose clubs are playing.

I have attended only one final where Collingwood weren't playing and didn't really enjoy it.

I have an strange feeling, happy that I got tickets but so sad to read about long time BF members missing out.

I am spending my day (I have time off) reporting the ticket sellers on eBay and Gumtree.

I'm also emailing the sellers telling them they have been reported to the police.

You should do the same.

Similar.

Or just buy them up ebay and then string the seller along til the end - then don't pay.
If they auction the price above 10% of facevalue they have no comeback.

Remove this Banner Ad

News 2018 Finals ticketing info and questions (See the other thread for ticket trading)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back