News 2018 Finals ticketing info and questions (See the other thread for ticket trading)

Remove this Banner Ad

Reading about non competing club AFL members that got tickets and many here missed out.

I don't get it, if the Pies, weren't playing I would much rather watch at home as not fair to members whose clubs are playing.

I have attended only one final where Collingwood weren't playing and didn't really enjoy it.

I have an strange feeling, happy that I got tickets but so sad to read about long time BF members missing out.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Similar.

Or just buy them up ebay and then string the seller along til the end - then don't pay.
If they auction the price above 10% of facevalue they have no comeback.

I reckon there's quite a few already doing this and I wouldn't mind VicPol are doing some of the bidding, considering the price some of the tickets are at.

Might be worth jumping on the phone to the accessible seat hotline and seeing if there are any seats available there. Tell them you have an injury.

Don’t @ me for taking away seats from people who need them either.

I reckon there's quite a few already doing this and I wouldn't mind VicPol are doing some of the bidding, considering the price some of the tickets are at.

Yesterday when I had nothing much on a was leading the bidding on about 10 different tickets. None actually even asked me for the $. Most realised that the prices weren't fair-dinkum and chose to delete the ads themselves.

Didn't even have to contact them or point out that it was illegal.

I am spending my day (I have time off) reporting the ticket sellers on eBay and Gumtree.

I'm also emailing the sellers telling them they have been reported to the police.

You should do the same.

Well done. Its amazing how many people are selling tickets at inflated prices, due to changed work shifts etc. Hope they get caught and punished appropriately

Yep, the device (out of 5!) that got through first was the one started 15 minutes after the others. Queue my arse.

As i posted yesterday, direct from someone in IT familiar with the technology, it is NOT a queue - the system randomly selects the next transaction to be processed once the previous transaction is finalised. It does not matter if you've logged on at 8.30am or 9.10am, your chances of being next selected are completely random. As is evidenced by the many stories of people getting through first on a device they'd logged onto much later than their initial device

This is the 1st time in 40years of supporting the Pies that I’ve missed out on tickets, I’m still in shock. I can understand demand for a GF but a prelim?!? AFL, get your shit together this is complete rubbish... legends members missing out, AFL club support missing out.

C5BA1B88-9661-4642-B982-47EB0332BD41.gif

Apologies for the tantrum, I’ll be better behaved tomorrow once I’ve calmed down but at the moment :mad::mad::fire::fire:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For all those complaining at least you bloody got a ticket.

Legends member and AFL member here, could not get through until it was sold out both days now. My dad is a 50+ year life member of CFC and never misses a game in Melbourne he can't go to the game cause some jackass with a 3 game membership or non-competing AFL membership got in first. What a joke this is.

Exactly the same here. Been an afl member since 1997! Been a gold member since 2003! Have never had an issue except for today. Used my phone app and I was blocked first thing time ever. As an afl member paying $600.00 per year something must change. Up until last year only gold members would have the first priority for preliminary finals and grand finals. Now they changed it to silver members get priority access to preliminary finals. I know why because gold members only pay $26.00 while silver pay $173.00. Why is it that gold afl members with competing club support and legend/social club members have pretty much guaranteed grand final access but are not guaranteed a ticket to the finals. What should be done is in the afl members all competing club support member who are gold members have the first 60 minutes to purchase a ticket. Then the next 60 minutes the other gold members should purchase a ticket. Then remaining tickets go to silver members like it use too prior to 2017!

For club members people who have a 11 game plus membership package should get first preference to order finals tickets. Say the first 2 hours from 9-11 on Monday then the remaining if any go to your 3 game members. Gee it ain’t hard afl.

Apart from grand final tickets what other benefits are gold afl members and legend members have??

Afl members must complain to the AFL and legend members must complain to
The club. It just is not fair.

I had no issue back in 2007 and 2010 when 98,000 and 95,000 were in attendance for the preliminary finals because gold members had first preference. Silver members had to wait till 11:00am to get remaining tickets. Memberships are not it wait in gold until you get to a grand final if your a gold or a legend member

Exactly the same here. Been an afl member since 1997! Been a gold member since 2003! Have never had an issue except for today. Used my phone app and I was blocked first thing time ever. As an afl member paying $600.00 per year something must change. Up until last year only gold members would have the first priority for preliminary finals and grand finals. Now they changed it to silver members get priority access to preliminary finals. I know why because gold members only pay $26.00 while silver pay $173.00. Why is it that gold afl members with competing club support and legend/social club members have pretty much guaranteed grand final access but are not guaranteed a ticket to the finals. What should be done is in the afl members all competing club support member who are gold members have the first 60 minutes to purchase a ticket. Then the next 60 minutes the other gold members should purchase a ticket. Then remaining tickets go to silver members like it use too prior to 2017!

For club members people who have a 11 game plus membership package should get first preference to order finals tickets. Say the first 2 hours from 9-11 on Monday then the remaining if any go to your 3 game members. Gee it ain’t hard afl.

Apart from grand final tickets what other benefits are gold afl members and legend members have??

Afl members must complain to the AFL and legend members must complain to
The club. It just is not fair.

I had no issue back in 2007 and 2010 when 98,000 and 95,000 were in attendance for the preliminary finals because gold members had first preference. Silver members had to wait till 11:00am to get remaining tickets. Memberships are not it wait in gold until you get to a grand final if your a gold or a legend member
Boggles my mind that it does not work this way.

I'm not sure I'll recover form this.

I can't believe it. I've never had an issue getting a ticket.

Honestly I'm so numb I don't even think I care if we win.

Very disappointed Logged in at 8:30am got the lovely message thousands of afl Supporters are trying to buy tickets now.......................
was very Patient got in 9:35 and all gone!!!! Competing teams should always get 1st option for finals.......................

Same here mate! Are you a gold member?
Exact same thing happened to me and I am a Gold member. Every time I selected best available it would tell me allocation was exhausted. I was in for a total of half an hour before the official announcement came through that it was sold out. Absolutely shattered

Would love to see a breakdown of ticket allocations.

Imo Prelims should be a game for the people. Save the corporate allocation rubbish for the Grand Final.

There should be 100000 Collingwood, Richmond, AFL and MCC members there Friday night. No tickets should be going to anyone else if there is a Collingwood or Richmond member willing to buy it.

The regular fans get screwed over enough in Grand Final ticket allocations. No need to extend the ripping off of regular fans to the prelim

One of the lucky ones that go through today and got a ticket, yet ridiculous that being a Gold Pies member had nothing to do with it, just pure luck. But i'm still angry and annoyed for all long term and Gold Pie members that missed out. Ridiculous system, but all the AFL care about is the $$$.

Remove this Banner Ad

News 2018 Finals ticketing info and questions (See the other thread for ticket trading)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back