News 2018 Finals ticketing info and questions (See the other thread for ticket trading)

Remove this Banner Ad

I am astounded by that response. Not only are they unprofessional, but liars. I am a gold member and was successful in purchasing at ticket. But I still sent them several emails outlining my concerns. They just reply with standard responses, such as "fair access for all". I suggested the order of access for week 3 of finals should be: 1) Gold members with competing club support, 2) All other gold members, 3) Silver members with competing club support, 4) All other silver members.
They shut me down about the "competing club support" option, saying all members know the situation and it'd be unfair to change it. So in follow-up emails I pushed the gold members first, then silver members. Finally I got a partly satisfying response: "Next year we will strongly consider prioritising gold members for the preliminary final". But it may just have been lip service to end my correspondence with them. I will follow up with a written letter to the membership manager at season's end (may carry more weight and go to the top instead of the regular workers who just quickly respond with their own antagonistic personal view).
So I urge all AFL members to lobby the membership department - they will only change if enough complain. We do not want to be in this situation in future years. This issue has only occurred now because since they changed the access in 2012 (from 2012 silver members could purchase at same time as gold members; previously they couldn't), Collingwood has never been in an MCG prelim (so they could always cater for the demand).
For those gold members that missed out, I'd be pursuing the AFL membership department after the conclusion of the season, and requesting a refund on the premium price paid for gold membership - although a remote chance, perhaps then they may realise things have to change else they'll be facing action sooner or later by someone who wants to take it further. It's a pity there wasn't a class action able to be taken against AFL membership over their bungling of this and their treatment of members (perhaps that's an idea for another time).
Thanks TJ - I’m in furious agreement with you and commend you for following up even though you got a ticket. They hide under their fairness for all members retort but what they mean is all you gold members pay $26 while we can get between $90 and $170 for Silver. They’ll never provide the split but let’s say half went to Silver members based on random order (~10k seats), that’s probably an extra $1m to their bottom line. They clearly don’t care about members, when I wrote that I won’t be renewing their response was we’re sorry to hear that we’ll note that down. When most companies fall over themselves trying to retain customers / members, it says something about the AFL and what they think of fans when they write that. It’s nothing new of course, just makes you realise how insignificant you are when you’re impacted.

Anybody know what the chances are priority 2 members?

Good chance Tippy78 as long as you selected standing option.

I got it 2010 (1st) and 2011.

Was scheduled to be flying out of the country today but then Etihad refused to let me board the plane as on the booking I had written "Chris" instead of "Christopher" which is on my passport. Anyhow, this means I'll be here for the game, is there any chance of getting a ticket now or has that ship sailed?
Only option is buying off someone else I suppose

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Was scheduled to be flying out of the country today but then Etihad refused to let me board the plane as on the booking I had written "Chris" instead of "Christopher" which is on my passport. Anyhow, this means I'll be here for the game, is there any chance of getting a ticket now or has that ship sailed?
There's someone on eBay selling about 16 level 1 tickets which also includes a pre match function, their about $500 but can also do the best offer option. I reckon closer to game time can get them cheaper if they last

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Hey guys first time poster here.

Was fortunate enough to get 4 tickets for tomorrow night but unfortunately 1 of the 4 now can’t make it. Not interested in scalping or selling for a profit, just wanted it to go to a passionate pies supporter and given some people on here weren’t lucky enough to get anything, thought I’d put the call out.

So if any of you or anyone you know is still looking for a ticket (N57) and is happy to sit with 3 sub-par blokes get in touch!

What??? I think this story needs a deeper dive - did the airline offer to reissue the ticket or make alternative arrangements? Or has this all come out of your pocket??

Was fortunate enough to get 4 tickets for tomorrow night but unfortunately 1 of the 4 now can’t make it. Not interested in scalping or selling for a profit, just wanted it to go to a passionate pies supporter and given some people on here weren’t lucky enough to get anything, thought I’d put the call out.

So if any of you or anyone you know is still looking for a ticket (N57) and is happy to sit with 3 sub-par blokes get in touch!
Message Mateyman , he was looking for a ticket a couple of posts above?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What??? I think this story needs a deeper dive - did the airline offer to reissue the ticket or make alternative arrangements? Or has this all come out of your pocket??
So far the airline hasn't offered anything at all. Plane left so am currently making alternative arrangements and am hoping the airline will either refund or help with the alternative arrangements but is unclear at the moment. I was dumbfounded.

So far the airline hasn't offered anything at all. Plane left so am currently making alternative arrangements and am hoping the airline will either refund or help with the alternative arrangements but is unclear at the moment. I was dumbfounded.
Ridiculous.

I’m flying with them in two weeks so am hoping to avoid a similar but not exactly the same circumstance. I might try and get hold of their customer support in advance.

I feel like the ballot process for Priority 3 Collingwood members is just giving a $6 donation to Ticketek but I'd have kicked myself if I hadn't registered and Priority 3 members ended up getting tickets. I guess that's what they were going for by including us at all.
I didn’t bother. No way priority 3 members get them.

I’ll source one out if we make it.

Ridiculous.

I’m flying with them in two weeks so am hoping to avoid a similar but not exactly the same circumstance. I might try and get hold of their customer support in advance.
Yeah very worthwhile as you should be right if you know in advance. We tried to check things in prior but none of it worked and was basically a nightmare all round.

Thanks TJ - I’m in furious agreement with you and commend you for following up even though you got a ticket. They hide under their fairness for all members retort but what they mean is all you gold members pay $26 while we can get between $90 and $170 for Silver. They’ll never provide the split but let’s say half went to Silver members based on random order (~10k seats), that’s probably an extra $1m to their bottom line. They clearly don’t care about members, when I wrote that I won’t be renewing their response was we’re sorry to hear that we’ll note that down. When most companies fall over themselves trying to retain customers / members, it says something about the AFL and what they think of fans when they write that. It’s nothing new of course, just makes you realise how insignificant you are when you’re impacted.
Thanks. Are you not going to renew, or are you undecided? Regardless, I think you should send the email response you received, in written form, to the membership manager. They should not be treating members this way. You may also want to point out all the flaws and lies in the comments they provided.

Registered for a ticket today as a priority 2. First time with the process.

Updated my Credit Card details after paying the $6- Same card, just went to check it was all ok and ended up having to delete or update it so re-entered. Read somewhere card details can be updated up to 11am Friday morning so should be sweet. I find it hard to trust the system! But I guess its up to the boys to get us there first! What happens if successful or unsuccessful in the ballot? Is there a text or email and does it come from the club or ticketek? Do I need to re-enter my CVC to be charged the cost of the ticket?

Thanks. Are you not going to renew, or are you undecided? Regardless, I think you should send the email response you received, in written form, to the membership manager. They should not be treating members this way. You may also want to point out all the flaws and lies in the comments they provided.
I told them I was not going to renew and had the intention of getting a legends membership and just found out that the same problem would occur and I wouldn’t be guaranteed if a finals ticket anyhow. It’s now a principle issue which if I continue down that path will just result in me getting a lower level Collingwood membership and having lower expectations of going to finals. Or i suck it up, send an email and see if they change. I just hate going back on my word but I don’t want to pay $400 extra for no better outcome, although at least all money would go to Collingwood.

If anyone else was interested, Mateyman has snaffled this up, poor guy has to sit next to us but at least there’s another pies fan going!

Hey guys know this is a longshot especially seeing as i'm not a regular poster, but looking for 1 ticket of any description, standing room , level Q row Z whatever, am a Gold AFL member and missed out in the sale unfortunately. If anyone has a spare or a single seat they're not using would much appreciate.

Ridiculous.

My son decided he was Rob instead of Robert as per passport and had to pay Qatar to change his name on the booking or he would have been in the same boat.

Registered for a ticket today as a priority 2. First time with the process.

Updated my Credit Card details after paying the $6- Same card, just went to check it was all ok and ended up having to delete or update it so re-entered. Read somewhere card details can be updated up to 11am Friday morning so should be sweet. I find it hard to trust the system! But I guess its up to the boys to get us there first! What happens if successful or unsuccessful in the ballot? Is there a text or email and does it come from the club or ticketek? Do I need to re-enter my CVC to be charged the cost of the ticket?
My wife is a Richmond member.

Last year the funds came out a few hours prior to the official list being released. From memory they posted a pdf with member numbers for successful applicants.

Remove this Banner Ad

News 2018 Finals ticketing info and questions (See the other thread for ticket trading)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back