News 2018 Finals ticketing info and questions (See the other thread for ticket trading)

Remove this Banner Ad

Based off my chat with AFL Membership yesterday it won't change.
They are the AFL and not a club.
Their responsibility is to their members and not any club affiliation.
"If there were more Richmond supporters online than Collingwood at the time, we can't control that".
Thinking about it overnight, it makes sense - there's AFL members who "just go to the footy" and may not be club aligned.
They have a right to a ticket as much as anyone.
The elephant in the room is the scalping.
That won't be stopped either IMO as the club's do it and rely on it to boost their bottom line.

"If there were more Richmond supporters online than Collingwood at the time, we can't control that".
Thinking about it overnight, it makes sense - there's AFL members who "just go to the footy" and may not be club aligned.
That won't be stopped either IMO as the club's do it and rely on it to boost their bottom line.
I understand all gold members having the same access privileges (to an extent - but then why do they prioritise for GF) but I don’t agree with Silver Members of all clubs having access at the same time. But as I said if a Silver member with Carlton support gets that ticket for $100+ and onsells, that’s an extra $75-$150 they’re making than if it was a Gold member. That’s all it comes down to no matter how they window dress it IMO. Otherwise why have class types in memberships at all if a Legends member or Gold member misses out to a lower member type (I know the counter argument would be for GF access).

So, it turned out the club changed Social Club for MCC/AFL members, making them priority 3 instead of priority 2 as per previous years. This wasn’t advertised anywhere (snapshots of our website confirmed as much) so safe to say I was unhappy, and expressed as much in an email. The club thankfully sorted me out this week, but still not impressed terms & conditions weren’t communicated, particularly after calls at the start of the season said there would be no differences.

I’d also be curious to know when AFL Members with club support stopped been priority 3 too.

Since when has there been a Priority 3? I didn't think general admin ticket holders were even eligible for a ballot?

There was back in 2010 & 2011.

Since when has there been a Priority 3? I didn't think general admin ticket holders were even eligible for a ballot?
I have home game general admin tickets/membership, but upgraded to social club for $50 when I renewed my membership. Boosted me from priority 3 to priority 2.

If anyone else was interested, Mateyman has snaffled this up, poor guy has to sit next to us but at least there’s another pies fan going!
I'm in N57 row D so I'll keep on the lookout for 3 ratbags and one embarrassed looking guy!

Sounds like they've talked you around. If they won't change the competing clubs aspect, then the least that has to change is for gold members to have priority over silver members for week 3. Gold members pay considerably more, with the point of difference being weeks 3 & 4 of the finals (indeed, unless our team makes the GF, or members wish to see other clubs play in the GF, the gold membership provides no benefit, but we still pay extra!). Prior to 2012 gold members always had first access for prelims - it needs to at least change back to that...don't let them off the hook so easily.
A cunning and calculated move by them to send out their annual satisfaction survey pre finals - because they know they score better (with less complaints) than waiting until the finals are over - that really irks me. All the more reason to let them know how we feel now.

Sounds like they've talked you around.
Didn't say I agree, just that I understand.
FWIW gold should be first, it will still be all gold members, (which is better than having silvers in there too).

Didn't say I agree, just that I understand.
FWIW gold should be first, it will still be all gold members, (which is better than having silvers in there too).
Yes, all gold is still better than competing with all silver - an email or letter of your view/recommendations will help - the more they receive, the more likely they are to act. I've already emailed them and plan a follow-up letter at the conclusion of the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's exactly the problem.

The AFL, the Clubs and the Partners (sponsors etc) are all the biggest ticket scalpers of all.

They "Sell" grossly over priced tickets with $20 lunch or a guest speaker or whatever....clearly for a profit.

It hardly makes scalpers feel guilty.

Can someone confirm for me, As a legends member we had priority 1 access and a guaranteed ticket.

The letter sent last week said we had to pick best available ticket including standing room to get it. However my dad who lodged it with ticketek isnt sure that was the right thing to do. Can someone confirm what happens from here for me? Thanks!

Can someone confirm for me, As a legends member we had priority 1 access and a guaranteed ticket.

The letter sent last week said we had to pick best available ticket including standing room to get it. However my dad who lodged it with ticketek isnt sure that was the right thing to do. Can someone confirm what happens from here for me? Thanks!
Yep.

Just a little off topic but I thought it was a disgrace last night to my naked eye a 70% Richmond to 30% Collingwood crowd.

I would have loved to have shared that game with my boys.

Not good enough AFL & Ticketek.

Eddie/Our Club should never let that happen again.

Rant Over

#fourmorequarters

My daughter is a Legends member and she got a txt from the AFL saying the ballot will be today and make sure there are sufficient funds in the nominated account. Looks like you should find out tickets today.

Just a little off topic but I thought it was a disgrace last night to my naked eye a 70% Richmond to 30% Collingwood crowd.

I would have loved to have shared that game with my boys.

Not good enough AFL & Ticketek.

Eddie/Our Club should never let that happen again.

Rant Over

#fourmorequarters
I didn't like seeing the top corner of the MCC empty either. Put a time limit on their entry then open it to the public. Even at quarter time there'd be a bunch wanting to get in.

I assume AFL Gold members on Collingwood club support will get a window Tuesday morning like in 2010?
You'll miss out if you wait that long - they're on sale at 10am tomorrow

Any info on when the money is scheduled to come out of our accounts? And then the delay on finding out how long the wait is to find out the seat location?

Any info on when the money is scheduled to come out of our accounts? And then the delay on finding out how long the wait is to find out the seat location?
It’s processed today (credit cards charged), but official notice via email and ticketek/CFC websites isn’t provided until Monday.

Remove this Banner Ad

News 2018 Finals ticketing info and questions (See the other thread for ticket trading)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back